PDA

View Full Version : am i wrong?


mike squires
07-31-2002, 10:57 PM
o.k give me your opinion. while browzing through hat world at the mall in champaign urbana i saw an awesome red sox fitted cap for 20 bucks. i'm a life long sox fan and will never abandon them. i couldn't help it and had to get it. i'm not a red sox fan. am i wrong for wearing it?

Mathew
07-31-2002, 11:17 PM
Is it red? Because I hate the ones that are not the teams colors, i.e. yellow Yankmes hats ect. I wouldn't wear a Red Sox hat but go for it I guess.

Soxheads
07-31-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
o.k give me your opinion. while browzing through hat world at the mall in champaign urbana i saw an awesome red sox fitted cap for 20 bucks. i'm a life long sox fan and will never abandon them. i couldn't help it and had to get it. i'm not a red sox fan. am i wrong for wearing it?

I don't think so. I'm a Sox fan, and I'm also an Astros fan and have a hat. It shouldn't make a difference.

bjmarte
07-31-2002, 11:43 PM
If you are a fan of both teams then it's OK. Although being a fan of two different teams is a little questionable in any sport. There are some acceptable excuses though.

If you just liked the hat, then yes you are wrong.

CLR01
08-01-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte
If you just liked the hat, then yes you are wrong.


ITS A GOD DAMN HAT! Man some people take this team loyalty thing to far. Wear the hat.

Jjav829
08-01-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by CLR01



ITS A GOD DAMN HAT! Man some people take this team loyalty thing to far. Wear the hat.

So If I send you a Bears hat, will you wear it every Sunday, and especially during the Bears vs. Dolphins game? :smile:

CLR01
08-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829


So If I send you a Bears hat, will you wear it every Sunday, and especially during the Bears vs. Dolphins game? :smile:


If it was just a ordinary bears hat-navy blue with the "C" on it no, but if i liked it yes i would. During the bears-dolphins game hell no. For a long time i wore the black Deion Sanders cowboys jersey. Not because i was a cowboys fan but because i liked the jersey.

ISUSoxfan
08-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
o.k give me your opinion. while browzing through hat world at the mall in champaign urbana i saw an awesome red sox fitted cap for 20 bucks. i'm a life long sox fan and will never abandon them. i couldn't help it and had to get it. i'm not a red sox fan. am i wrong for wearing it?
You have made an investment in the future. Take that hat, put it in a shoe box, and store it in a safe place. Always remember where it is, but don't open it until the time is right. On the day the Red Sox/Cubs series starts next summer, take that hat out of the box, put it on your head, and wear it proudly for 3 days. You will be the envy of all Sox fans.

whitesoxwilkes
08-01-2002, 07:40 PM
I grew up in NY and consequently always had a Yankees hat from the time I was old enough to walk until now. I don;t root for the Yankees...I think Steinbrenner is a greedy jacka$$ and the team is overrated....but DAMN, do I like my Yankees hat. I'd never wear it to a Sox game though, but it works good for trips to the store or when I'm hungover.

voodoochile
08-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I grew up in NY and consequently always had a Yankees hat from the time I was old enough to walk until now. I don;t root for the Yankees...I think Steinbrenner is a greedy jacka$$ and the team is overrated....but DAMN, do I like my Yankees hat. I'd never wear it to a Sox game though, but it works good for trips to the store or when I'm hungover.

How can a team that has won 4 of the last 6 WS titles be overrated? Just curious...

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan
On the day the Red Sox/Cubs series starts next summer, take that hat out of the box......I hope this should have been teal.

ISUSoxfan
08-02-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I hope this should have been teal.
why?

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan

why? Because otherwise you believe the Cubs will be in the World Series next year.

ISUSoxfan
08-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Because otherwise you believe the Cubs will be in the World Series next year.
Doesn't the NL Central play the AL East next year?

Kilroy
08-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
Is it red? Because I hate the ones that are not the teams colors, i.e. yellow Yankmes hats ect. I wouldn't wear a Red Sox hat but go for it I guess.

My favorite ChiSox hat is a fitted red one that I have. I keep hoping that one of these days, they'll come out one sunday in the red pins instead of the black. Or maybe come out for a road game in the baby-blues with the red trim like the phils did this past weekend. I discovered baseball and the Sox when they wore those uni's. Dick Allen was my all time favorite player... (until the Big Hurt arrived. BTW, where has he gone?)

I will always love the red unis the most, even tho the black ones are cool.

Rocklive99
08-02-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Because otherwise you believe the Cubs will be in the World Series next year.

Interleague

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan

Doesn't the NL Central play the AL East next year? A thousand pardons, sir. When I read "Cubs/Red Sox series, I thought Series. Please forgive me.

ISUSoxfan
08-02-2002, 12:50 AM
Not a problem. I should have made my original post more clear.

Moses_Scurry
08-02-2002, 07:45 AM
I used to have a Mariners hat because I thought it was a pretty cool hat. I stopped wearing it after the 2000 playoffs. Here are the rules for other teams' hats IMO:

1. Hat must not be that of a bitter rival, no matter how cool the hat is. (example: sCrUBS, Jndjans, Twinkies, etc.)

2. Hat must not be worn during a series when your team competes against team of hat in question. When the Sox play the Montreal, leave your Expo hat on the dresser for the weekend!

3. Hat must not belong to a team that ousts your team from the playoffs for a MINIMUM of 5 years. No Seattle hats are allowed at present time. Blue Jay hats have just recently been deemed acceptable. Oriole hats became acceptable when they got rid of the stupid cartoon bird face and put the actual entire bird body on the cap (coincidentally, this happened right around the 5 year mark from '83).