PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie rejoins rotation

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks to MLB.com:

Todd Ritchie was briefly a member of the White Sox bullpen before the trade of Bob Howry to Boston put him back in the starting rotation.

Ritchie, whose 14 losses lead the Major Leagues, missed his last start with a sore shoulder and said he was initially told on Wednesday he would pitch out of the pen on Saturday against Tampa Bay.

"Earlier today they told me I was going to the bullpen," he said. "Now I'm starting Saturday."

It hasn't been determined yet how many pitches Ritchie will be allowed to throw but Sox manager Jerry Manuel said he'll be on a pitch count.

Matt Ginter and Biddle will take over Howry's set-up role.

nut_stock
07-31-2002, 10:43 PM
This doesn't make sense. We put player A in the bullpen, trade away player B (who was also in the pen), so player A becomes a starter......

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
This doesn't make sense. We put player A in the bullpen, trade away player B (who was also in the pen), so player A becomes a starter......

I think they put Ritchie in the pen in case tonight's game got out of hand. Had they needed an extra reliever he was there. Todd hasn't pitched for awhile so he was fresh.

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 10:54 PM
can we have a lost count to 20 games.

RKMeibalane
08-01-2002, 08:30 AM
:jerry

"I need help. I can't stop tinkering. It's an obsession. I have trouble sleeping at night. I can't even drive without thinking of the changes I will make to the lineup for the next game. The other day, I decided to put Todd Ritchie in the bullpen. But I woke up last night with cold sweats, and I realized that I must make yet another adjustment to the team. Ritchie is back in the starting rotation. Tomorrow, I will experiment with my son Royce in the cleanup spot."