PDA

View Full Version : Family Sunday Autographs

MountainCur
04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Hello
I hope I am posting this in the right place.

Does anyone know if the White Sox provide autograph information for the kids prior to the Sunday games?
Like what players will be signing autographs and where? Or is it something you just have to get to the stadium and find out by walking around?

salty99
04-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Hello
I hope I am posting this in the right place.

Does anyone know if the White Sox provide autograph information for the kids prior to the Sunday games?
Like what players will be signing autographs and where? Or is it something you just have to get to the stadium and find out by walking around?

See bold

MountainCur
04-19-2013, 12:16 PM
See bold

Thanks.
That is what I thought.
In years past I never saw or heard anything but people have told me there were "maps" or something that told you which players were where.

My_Sox_Summer
04-19-2013, 12:25 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/family_sundays.jsp?partnerId=DFA-1118067-53815264-93342462

On the above link, click on the "Family Sunday" next to the game.

This Sunday is-

1983 stars Jerry Dybzinski and Mike Squires will be signing kids autographs as part of Family Sunday festivities.

salty99
04-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks.
That is what I thought.
In years past I never saw or heard anything but people have told me there were "maps" or something that told you which players were where.

Yes once in a while a map does float around or they posted it on the jumbotron but the first one this year they didn't tell anybody who was at which station.

Lamp81
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/family_sundays.jsp?partnerId=DFA-1118067-53815264-93342462

On the above link, click on the "Family Sunday" next to the game.

This Sunday is-

1983 stars Jerry Dybzinski and Mike Squires will be signing kids autographs as part of Family Sunday festivities.

Jerry Dybzinski was never a star, unless maybe in High School. At least Squires was a Gold Glove caliber 1st Baseman.

DumpJerry
04-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Jerry Dybzinski was never a star, unless maybe in High School. At least Squires was a Gold Glove caliber 1st Baseman.
He was a star base runner when it counted.:angry:

amsteel
04-20-2013, 11:08 PM
The absurdity of having bit players sign autographs for kids born years after they retired is so awesome.

I look forward to getting my kid David Aardsma's autograph in 20 years.

BainesHOF
04-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Got the Dybber to sign a bat outisde the park before today's game. He and his wife couldn't have been nicer. I was thrilled to have the bat signed. I've had it for at least 25 years and never thought I'd have the chance to have it autographed. I'm now a Julio Cruz bat away from completing the 1983 lineup.

Nelfox02
04-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Both guys were really nice to meet, nice to see the Sox bring back some former players to interact with the fans at games. I hope they continue to do so

Lamp81
04-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Guest Services had a listing of what players would be at each sections. Among the autographs we got were: The 4 announcers, Jake Peavy, Adam Dunn, Daryl Boston, Tyler Greene, and Jordan Danks. Everyone was great except Dunn. He had his hoodie pulled up and was just going through the motions, not really interacting with the kids. His "handlers" didn't allow individual pictures to be taken, you had to take them as he was signing, and he didn't look at the camera. Steve Stone was really great with the kids, going out of his way to ask them questions. All in all, a really great experience, that my 7 year old loves doing.

salty99
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Yes nice to see that they let the 83 guys sign for everyone in at their own table and they finally had sheets inside but most people had no clue where they were.

C-Dawg
04-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Dybzynski's would be cool to have, even if just for the notoriety he earned in Game 4. Its not like people have never heard of him.

I've never collected autographs but if Salome Barojas was there I'd seek him out since I have his jersey. Probably would be the ego boost of the year for him.

My_Sox_Summer
04-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Guest Services had a listing of what players would be at each sections. Among the autographs we got were: The 4 announcers, Jake Peavy, Adam Dunn, Daryl Boston, Tyler Greene, and Jordan Danks. Everyone was great except Dunn. He had his hoodie pulled up and was just going through the motions, not really interacting with the kids. His "handlers" didn't allow individual pictures to be taken, you had to take them as he was signing, and he didn't look at the camera. Steve Stone was really great with the kids, going out of his way to ask them questions. All in all, a really great experience, that my 7 year old loves doing.

When did they do this?

I think it is a great thing to make the kid's day. Very cool.

BainesHOF
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
When did they do this?

I think it is a great thing to make the kid's day. Very cool.

Sundays. Park opens at 11:15 a.m. The half-hour autograph sessions start at 11:30 a.m.

My_Sox_Summer
04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Sundays. Park opens at 11:15 a.m. The half-hour autograph sessions start at 11:30 a.m.

Cool. I am guessing part of Dunn's behavior was due to the fact he had a sub .100 average going so far.

That is a heck of a score for a Sunday game.

MountainCur
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
My 7 year old had a blast. A Twins player gave him a ball while Alexei was signing an autograph for him. Also got Peavy's autograph along with a good picture, and the announcers along with Quintana.

Then he got a foul ball during the game.

Its good guest services had the info. It didn't help us, as in the last line we were in someone told us they had the info.

Wedema
04-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Fisk is the '83 player appearing this Sunday, but to no surprise it doesn't look like he will be signing autographs.

Wedema
04-28-2013, 06:36 PM
My daughter and her friend did pretty good today with autographs. They made it through 4 of the 6 lines and got Beckham, DJ, Stone, Lindstrom, Wise, DeAza, Farmer, Thigpen, and Reed. Tekotte was supposed to be with Beckham and DJ but was late coming out so they missed him (and he was sent down after the game). One of the other lines was Hawk and Greene and I think that Jones was in the last line with two other guys (Jordan Danks maybe was one of them).

salty99
04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
My daughter and her friend did pretty good today with autographs. They made it through 4 of the 6 lines and got Beckham, DJ, Stone, Lindstrom, Wise, DeAza, Farmer, Thigpen, and Reed. Tekotte was supposed to be with Beckham and DJ but was late coming out so they missed him (and he was sent down after the game). One of the other lines was Hawk and Greene and I think that Jones was in the last line with two other guys (Jordan Danks maybe was one of them).

Very nice! One of my friends was there and got Fisk to sign a ball too. It looks like most of the team has been out there now minus Konerko, Rios, Sale, Veal, and Flowers (who's started every Sunday home game so no surprise there).

shenk16
04-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Am I correct in my understanding that these autograph sessions are only open to kids 13 and under?

Wedema
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Am I correct in my understanding that these autograph sessions are only open to kids 13 and under?

Yes, kids only but I did see older teenagers in line.

Wedema
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Very nice! One of my friends was there and got Fisk to sign a ball too. It looks like most of the team has been out there now minus Konerko, Rios, Sale, Veal, and Flowers (who's started every Sunday home game so no surprise there).

When did Fisk sign?

salty99
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
When did Fisk sign?

I'll have to ask my friend and get back to you as I wasn't actually there.

Wedema
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Harold Baines threw out the first pitch today as the 1983 player that was honored and Harold's autograph line was at a table on the concourse and open to fans of all ages.

vinny
05-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Kittle was signing outside Gate 5 at the Throwback Tailgate.