PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates

#1swisher
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Gordon Bekcham - Head trainer Herm Schneider said Gordon Beckham's surgery went "splendidly" & recovery time will be about 6 weeks

John Danks - Will pitch again in Arizona on Saturday and then rejoin the team after his start to continue his workouts. Ventura said "Danks velocity has increased.

Angel Sanchez - 15 day DL with lower back-strain retroactive to Wed 4.10

Don Cooper - will rejoin the team Friday.

#1swisher
04-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Dan Hayes
Dayan Viciedo is down after a big swing. Ventura and trainer out to check on him. Grabbed his left side after swing. He's out.

Sun-Times Sports
UPDATE: #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash) outfielder Dayan Viciedo has a left oblique strain. The injury will be re-evaluated on Friday: http://suntm.es/ZB27aS (http://t.co/Ci76VAghES)

#1swisher
04-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Scott Merkin
Dayan Viciedo is undergoing treatment today on his oblique strain. He remains day-to-day.

Pitching coach Don Cooper, who has been away from the team since April 9 due to a battle with diverticulitis, returns to the White Sox bench on Saturday.
"I'm the only guy disappointed we are not playing," said Cooper, who was at U.S. Cellular on Friday afternoon. "I feel a lot better than I was. I'm good to go."

#1swisher
04-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Chris De Luca

White Sox put Dayan Viciedo on 15-day DL (retro to April 19) with a strained left oblique and recall OF Blake Tekotte from AAA Charlotte

#1swisher
04-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Gordon Beckham will continue to perform drills that don't involve his left hand. "I'm going to just go shag and throw a couple of balls."

John Danks sent back to Arizona for an extended spring training to continue working to regain his velocity, said Ventura. Make his next start Friday.

#1swisher
04-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Scott Merkin
Hector Gimenez feels a little sore but said he could have played tonight if needed. Was hit in the left shin by Masterson pitch Monday

#1swisher
04-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Scott Merkin
Here's Dunn talking about that right hand issue in today's Beat: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130425&content_id=45779202&notebook_id=45792804&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Jeff Keppinger is out of Friday's lineup because of back spasms.
Jeff Keppinger out with "a lower back issue" according to Ventura. Day to day, Felt it last night. Tyler Greene starting at second

CoopaLoop
04-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Was there an update on Danks this week? Wasn't he supposed to throw with Coop on Wednesday and then they would figure out the next plan of attack?

#1swisher
04-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Sox place RHP Gavin Floyd (flexor muscle strain in right arm) on 15-day DL; recall RHP Deunte Heath from Triple-A Charlotte.

Dan Hayes
Gavin Floyd to DL; Deunte Heath promoted. Also sounds as if John Danks will start a minor-league rehab assignment next.

Doug Padilla
John Danks to head out on a minor-league assignment. Hopes to slide into Floyd's spot after a few outings.
Floyd MRI shows only muscle injury. No tendon or ligament issue. Still no timetable for a return.

salty99
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Leyson Septimo on a rehab assignment to Charlotte Knights.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Septimo needs to be waived outright, he's terrible.

Lip

JB98
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Lip

He and Heath should be nothing more than roster filler in Charlotte.

Those two guys have shown me they are afraid to throw strikes at the big-league level. Therefore, they are only of some use in Charlotte.

I'm surprised the Sox haven't called up Jeff Gray. He's basically an AAAA pitcher, but he's got 115 appearances in at the major-league level and he throws more strikes than either of the two aforementioned bums.

Harry Potter
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM

Lip

Donnie Veal is trying to become the 2013 version of Leyson Septimo

Lip Man 1
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Gonzo told me that's something he's going to look into, why has it seemed Veal and Jones have regressed.

Lip

amsteel
04-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Gonzo told me that's something he's going to look into, why has it seemed Veal and Jones have regressed.

Lip

Teams now have a season's worth of data on how they approach different scenarios?

That doesn't solve the wildness of Veal, but rookies have a slight advantage right when they get called up due to lack of data.

Foulke You
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
He and Heath should be nothing more than roster filler in Charlotte.

Those two guys have shown me they are afraid to throw strikes at the big-league level. Therefore, they are only of some use in Charlotte.

I'm surprised the Sox haven't called up Jeff Gray. He's basically an AAAA pitcher, but he's got 115 appearances in at the major-league level and he throws more strikes than either of the two aforementioned bums.
Totally agree about Heath. Jeff Gray has a respectable E.R.A. down in Charlotte and has a lot more MLB experience than Heath. The only thing I can think of that is playing into their decision is that Heath is on the 40 man roster and Gray isn't. The other possibility is that Heath is another Cooper pet project. I was initially surprised that Omogrosso didn't get called up since he had a good spring and pitched respectably last year, but then I saw his AAA numbers this year and he is off to a dreadful start. (8.00+ E.R.A.)

JB98
04-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Totally agree about Heath. Jeff Gray has a respectable E.R.A. down in Charlotte and has a lot more MLB experience than Heath. The only thing I can think of that is playing into their decision is that Heath is on the 40 man roster and Gray isn't. The other possibility is that Heath is another Cooper pet project. I was initially surprised that Omogrosso didn't get called up since he had a good spring and pitched respectably last year, but then I saw his AAA numbers this year and he is off to a dreadful start. (8.00+ E.R.A.)

Yeah, I thought the same thing about Omogrosso. IIRC, he was the last cut from the pitching staff in spring training. I thought he'd be in line for the first recall, but his AAA numbers are so horrible that you couldn't justify promoting him.

I forgot the 40-man is full. I'm sure that played a role in Heath being recalled over Gray.

#1swisher
04-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Danks
Made his final extended spring training start last Friday. First rehab start will take place with Double-A Birmingham Thursday in a home game for the Barons.

Keppinger
Expected to return Tuesday.

#1swisher
05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Keppinger
Hopes to return Wed. or Thurs.

Viciedo
Took 25 flips Tuesday, stopped and took another 25. He expects to make a Minor League rehab start.

Beckham
Stitches are out.

Jordan Danks
Scratched from Tuesday's starting lineup with an inflamed bursa sac in his right knee.

Huisj
05-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Viciedo
Took 25 flips Tuesday, stopped and took another 25. He expects to make a Minor League rehab start.

Dang, 50 chocolate covered pretzels, and he's close to being ready to go. Rehabbing sounds tasty.

#1swisher
05-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Gavin Floyd
confirmed that a flexor muscle tear was found near his right elbow and an unstable ulnar collateral ligament.
Surgery is one of the options. He visited with Dr. Keith Meister on Tuesday in Arlington and will get a third opinion Monday when he visits Dr. David Altchek in New York.

http://www.mlbinjurynews.com/2013/04/gavin-floyd-flexor-injury-2013.html

John Danks
pitched seven innings against Chattanooga and allowed two runs on five hits, while striking out one and walking one. His velocity checked in somewhere between 84-87 mph early in the game, per the Birmingham radar gun, but hit as high as 91 mph later. The next rehab start for Danks could come May 7 with Triple-A Charlotte.

Jake Peavy
felt something in his back before Wednesdays game following a yoga stretch done by White Sox players during warmups. ""To walk and pick up your glove and something grab you and make you fall to your knees is out of the blue and unexpected."

eriqjaffe
05-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Dan Plesac just tweeted that Gavin's going to have Tommy John surgery.

https://twitter.com/Plesac19/status/330373266873131008

#1swisher
05-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Bob Nightengale

Gavin Floyd of #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash) tentatively plans to have "Tommy John,'' surgery on torn elbow ligament, an injury 1st reported by @MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales)

cards press box
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Dan Plesac just tweeted that Gavin's going to have Tommy John surgery.

https://twitter.com/Plesac19/status/330373266873131008

Bob Nightengale

Gavin Floyd of #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash) tentatively plans to have "Tommy John,'' surgery on torn elbow ligament, an injury 1st reported by @MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales)

This is a tough break for Floyd and the Sox. If he has TJ surgery, Floyd should come back throwing just as well in 12 months or so. I see him going to the National League in a warm weather city, something like San Diego.

As for the Sox, this probably ends Floyd's career here. And if the Sox had intended to move him (as has been rumored for the last couple of seasons), they can't now. Rough day for the ballclub.

amsteel
05-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Whatever money Gavin was gonna get in the offseason has been reduced. Bummer for him.

#1swisher
05-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Peavy said the back is "still grabbing pretty good when I'm throwing the ball."
If [playing catch] is a problem, then certainly throwing 100 percent off the mound is going to be."

Viciedo
Has taken swings during the team's stay in Kansas City with no ill effects.
May be ready for a rehabilitation assignment in the near future.

"There's a chance, in the next few days, that he would be going out," Ventura said.

Lip Man 1
05-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Ventura told Gonzo this morning the DL is now a possibility for Peavy.

Join the crowd Jake.

Lip

getonbckthr
05-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Join the crowd Jake.

Lip

Might as well. Its been like a week since he last pitched whats another week as precaution.

blandman
05-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Join the crowd Jake.

Lip

Linky (http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/9244160/jake-peavy-chicago-white-sox-miss-2nd-start-row-dl-possible)

SoxSpeed22
05-05-2013, 01:02 PM
You don't want to push a guy too far this early in the season. Especially a guy who's had a bad injury before. I would rather not see Simon Castro come up this early.

Noneck
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Floyds trade value is nothing now, Peavys now could be next to nothing. This isnt about this season but about the future of this club.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Floyds trade value is nothing now, Peavys now could be next to nothing. This isnt about this season but about the future of this club.

It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

Rick Hahn is off to a horrible start as general manager.

mzh
05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
You don't want to push a guy too far this early in the season. Especially a guy who's had a bad injury before. I would rather not see Simon Castro come up this early.
I believe that Castro pitched last night, so if Jake doesn't make his start tomorrow it would probably be Zach Stewart getting the call.

I had hoped that Andre Rienzo would have started off better, given the year he had last year, or else he might have been the one getting the call tomorrow. His stuff is still good, he's striking out almost 8 per 9 IP, the results just haven't been there.

mzh
05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

Rick Hahn is off to a horrible start as general manager.
Unless I'm mistaken, Kenny Williams' first major move as GM was to acquire resident staff ace David Wells, as his first Sox team got off to a 14-29 start, and less than 5 years later he brought us World Series. Perspective.

:chillpill:

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Kenny Williams' first major move as GM was to acquire resident staff ace David Wells, as his first Sox team got off to a 14-29 start, and less than 5 years later he brought us World Series. Perspective.

:chillpill:

What does that have to do with the piss poor job Hahn's done?

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:21 PM

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.

After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.

Noneck
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM

We know that would have shown rebuilding and that was something they dont want to do. I wont blame a Sox GM because of how I feel about the amount of actual authority they have.

mzh
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM

Is has to do with the fact that he's been general manager for all of 6 ****ing months. It's a bit early to be declaring him baseball incompetent.

I don't know why I'm bothering, seems a bit pointless to engage the king of armchair GMs at this point.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.

Then he should have improved the team. Instead he let it get worse.

What does it matter if you're spending money on crap. A 70 win team is a 70 win team is a 70 win team. People aren't going to come.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Is has to do with the fact that he's been general manager for all of 6 ****ing months. It's a bit early to be declaring him baseball incompetent.

I don't know why I'm bothering, seems a bit pointless to engage the king of armchair GMs at this point.

It isn't armchair if I've been saying since he started.

Brian26
05-05-2013, 01:28 PM

It was not obvious that the team would struggle. This is second-guessing after-the-fact at its best.

Letting Peavy walk would have made the team worse. Peavy signed for a bargain on top of that.

Brian26
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Exactly correct.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
It was not obvious that the team would struggle. This is second-guessing after-the-fact at its best.

Um...I feel you didn't read many of my offseason posts. :tongue:

The national media thought we would suck too.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:31 PM

What does it matter if you're spending money on crap. A 70 win team is a 70 win team is a 70 win team. People aren't going to come.

Hahn didn't let the team get worse.

The team is worse because the hitters aren't hitting.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Um...I feel you didn't read many of my offseason posts. :tongue:

The national media thought we would suck too.

Congratulations, Nostradamus.

Apart from 2006, the national media always predicts us to suck.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Hahn didn't let the team get worse.

The team is worse because the hitters aren't hitting.

The hitters aren't hitting because he didn't get better hitters.

Tyler Flowers and Dayan Viciedo are not every day players. Our bench isn't even bench quality. Konerko's been regressing for years. De Aza is a minor league journeyman who's enjoyed one decent season. These are things that the general manager needs to look at and address. Hahn chose to sit on his hands.

He needs to be held accountable.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe we also should blame Hahn for our #3 starter, starting LF, starting 2B and starting 3B all missing time due to injury?

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Maybe we also should blame Hahn for our #3 starter, starting LF, starting 2B and starting 3B all missing time due to injury?

If you're referring to Danks, yes I absolutely blame Hahn and everyone that works for him for counting on Danks. The guy has the same injury that ruined the careers of Johan Santana and Rich Harden. Thinking he was gonna rush back and be ready to do something was completely foolhardy. People need to be more angry about this. Either they were dooping you or they believed it and have no idea what they're doing.

If you're talking about Floyd...well, it isn't like the guy doesn't have an injury history. 4 of our starters have an injury history.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
The hitters aren't hitting because he didn't get better hitters.

Tyler Flowers and Dayan Viciedo are not every day players. Our bench isn't even bench quality. Konerko's been regressing for years. De Aza is a minor league journeyman who's enjoyed one decent season. These are things that the general manager needs to look at and address. Hahn chose to sit on his hands.

He needs to be held accountable.

I'm OK blaming Hahn for not re-signing AJ.

But give him credit for acquiring Gillaspie, who originally was on the bench but has performed well as the starter.

Paulie has not "been regressing for years." To claim otherwise is BS.

DeAza had a productive 2012; there was no reason to believe he would forget how to hit.

Viciedo had a productive 2012; there was no way to predict he would get hurt.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm OK blaming Hahn for not re-signing AJ.

But give him credit for acquiring Gillaspie, who originally was on the bench but has performed well as the starter.

Paulie has not "been regressing for years." To claim otherwise is BS.

DeAza had a productive 2012; there was no reason to believe he would forget how to hit.

Viciedo had a productive 2012; there was no way to predict he would get hurt.

Frater, I think we're gonna disagree on assessment.

Paulie's been down mostly due to injuries, yes. But injuries are the concern with someone his age.

De Aza has a very long swing. It's caught up to him.

Viciedo did not have a productive 2012. He hit some home runs. Dude had less than a .300 on base average. He might have been the worst every day player in baseball last year.

I do like Gillespie, but I don't think that's enough not to want Hahn gone.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:44 PM
And yet despite injuries to Danks and Floyd, Santiago and Axelrod have filled in admirably.

If you rip on Hahn for hitters not hitting (which makes no sense to me), then you should give him credit for pitchers pitching well.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
And yet despite injuries to Danks and Floyd, Santiago and Axelrod have filled in admirably.

If you rip on Hahn for hitters not hitting (which makes no sense to me), then you should give him credit for pitchers pitching well.

I'm not going to give him credit for standing pat on the pitching of a 70 win team. He should have traded Floyd for prospects before the season.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I've been one of the biggest Konerko critics out there, but his late career resurgence has been nothing short of amazing.

He was hitting .400 last season before the wrist injury sapped him of his power for the final four months. It would be accurate to say he regressed for the last four months of 2012, but complete BS to say "he's regressed for years."

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I've been one of the biggest Konerko critics out there, but his late career resurgence has been nothing short of amazing.

He was hitting .400 last season before the wrist injury sapped him of his power for the final four months. It would be accurate to say he regressed for the last four months of 2012, but complete BS to say "he's regressed for years."

Konerko OPS

2010 .977
2011 .906
2012 .857
2013 .701

I do agree with you that injuries have caused it. But that's because nagging injuries derail the careers of older players...

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm not going to give him credit for standing pat on the pitching of a 70 win team. He should have traded Floyd for prospects before the season.

Hindsight is 20/20.

If he had dealt Floyd, Hahn would have been roundly criticized for weakening a rotation that also would likely miss Danks for a while, and he likely would not have gotten much in return, either.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Hindsight is 20/20.

If he had dealt Floyd, Hahn would have been roundly criticized for weakening a rotation that also would likely miss Danks for a while, and he likely would not have gotten much in return, either.

I'm sure he would have gotten something, especially if we ate salary.

If you remember right, no one wanted to believe Danks wouldn't be ready for the start of the season (so many ridiculous arguments about this). So if Floyd was traded, 99% of people would have said "no problem, Danks is replacing him in the rotation".

mzh
I think this thread reached a tipping point when Viciedo was called the least productive player in the Majors last year :rolling:

CoopaLoop
I am not ready to call Hahn a bad GM, but it would be nice to see some sort of direction. They sat on their hands in the offseason and just hoped the offense would be good enough with this pitching to contend errrr stay in the race.

If Hahn doesn't move any of the tradeable pieces at this deadline, I am not going to be happy.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Also, Paulie has 10-5 rights. What makes you think he would consent to a trade? And what team would have traded for him, to which he would consent to go? It's all well and good to say "trade someone" in theory, but it's much more complicated than that.

The bottom line is that very few foresaw this level of hitting ineptitude and this number of injuries.

This team's record would be reversed if not for injuries and historically bad hitting.

blandman
05-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I think this thread reached a tipping point when Viciedo was called the least productive player in the Majors last year :rolling:

Most publications chose Francoeur, but Viciedo was routinely one of the five finalists. so :rolling: yourself

CoopaLoop
05-05-2013, 01:58 PM

Viciedo had the third lowest OBP for all left fielders in baseball last year. Bland may be stretching a bit, but it's not as much as you think it is.

blandman
05-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Also, Paulie has 10-5 rights. What makes you think he would consent to a trade? And what team would have traded for him, to which he would consent to go? It's all well and good to say "trade someone" in theory, but it's much more complicated than that.

The bottom line is that very few foresaw this level of hitting ineptitude and this number of injuries.

This team's record would be reversed if not for injuries and historically bad hitting.

I'm not saying replace Paulie, but understand you need to get hitting elsewhere.

Most people saw this happening. Just not many on this board or with the club.

I don't understand your last statement. Historically bad hitting is not a plight that's befallen hitters undeserving. We have a historically bad offense made up of some really bad hitters with poor approaches.

CoopaLoop
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM

Who out there though this offense would be good? It was a lot of wishing and hoping outside of Alex Rios (who's history of sucking every other year was no sure thing) and Konerko

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm sure he would have gotten something, especially if we ate salary.

If you remember right, no one wanted to believe Danks wouldn't be ready for the start of the season (so many ridiculous arguments about this). So if Floyd was traded, 99% of people would have said "no problem, Danks is replacing him in the rotation".

JR never would have approved eating salary just to dump the player who handed him the ball from the final out of the World Series. When has he ever approved eating salary?

Even if Danks was 100 healthy on opening day and the Sox dealt Floyd, Sox fans would have questioned Hahn entrusting the back end of the rotation to Quintana, Santiago and/or Axelrod.

CoopaLoop
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
JR never would have approved eating salary just to dump the player who handed him the ball from the final out of the World Series. When has he ever approved eating salary?

Even if Danks was 100 healthy on opening day and the Sox dealt Floyd, Sox fans would have questioned Hahn entrusting the back end of the rotation to Quintana, Santiago and/or Axelrod.

:scratch: that's what he did anyway

blandman
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Viciedo had the third lowest OBP for all left fielders in baseball last year. Bland may be stretching a bit, but it's not as much as you think it is.

And only one, Alfonso Soriano, was a regular player.

Seriously, Viciedo was NOT good last year. If you want to believe he has potential, that's your decision. But you can't say he had a good year last year when he was among the worst in baseball. Sorry. That's not going to fly.

mzh
05-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Most publications chose Francoeur, but Viciedo was routinely one of the five finalists. so :rolling: yourself
So you're telling me you would have rather have the likes of Brian Bogusevic play 150 games in the outfield? How about Andres Torres? Wait, don't tell me, Nyjer Morgan?

That statement is so laughable it almost makes me angry. I can't even think of anything to say to reflect how asinine you sound. You always back up your statements so well, show me any respected publication that named Viciedo as one of the 5 worst players in baseball.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 02:05 PM
I've already said the Sox should have kept AJ.

What other specific moves could the Sox have made to improve the offense that:

1. Would not have required JR approving a significant payroll increase, and

2. Would not have weakened the rotation and/or bullpen?

CoopaLoop
05-05-2013, 02:06 PM
And only one, Alfonso Soriano, was a regular player.

Seriously, Viciedo was NOT good last year. If you want to believe he has potential, that's your decision. But you can't say he had a good year last year when he was among the worst in baseball. Sorry. That's not going to fly.

I agree the only thing Viciedo did last year was hit mistakes over the wall. I wasn't ready to throw in the towel with him, but I was getting there before the injury this year.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM
:scratch: that's what he did anyway

Yes, due to injuries to Danks and Floyd.

And besides, those three have been excellent.

blandman
05-05-2013, 02:08 PM

Not resign Peavy and instead pick up offense. There was plenty on the market this offseason.

Or....blow it up.

It looks like he's going to have to anyway. So any argument that he couldn't really isn't an argument at all.

CoopaLoop
05-05-2013, 02:08 PM

I think the GM needs to pick a lane and not get caught in between. This rotation when healthy ranks up there with the best in baseball, but this offense on paper was really bad before the season started.

It looks like this team will eventually be blown up, but my fear is it will happen two years later than it should.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Not resign Peavy and instead pick up offense. There was plenty on the market this offseason.

Or....blow it up.

It looks like he's going to have to anyway. So any argument that he couldn't really isn't an argument at all.

What, like Josh Hamilton?

blandman
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM
I think the GM needs to pick a lane and not get caught in between. This rotation when healthy ranks up there with the best in baseball, but this offense on paper was really bad before the season started.

Does it really though? There's some really good rotations out there. It might be third best in the AL Central alone.

blandman
05-05-2013, 02:12 PM
What, like Josh Hamilton?

Lots of players signed for something we could have afforded. Michael Bourne, who I pined for all offseason, comes to mind.

CoopaLoop
05-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Does it really though? There's some really good rotations out there. It might be third best in the AL Central alone.

Fair point actually, I had no idea the Royals rotation had been that good so far.
Lots of players signed for something we could have afforded. Michael Bourne, who I pined for all offseason, comes to mind.

Didn't Bourn still get 4/45? That would have been bad money too on an aging player.

blandman
05-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Didn't Bourn still get 4/45? That would have been bad money too on an aging player.

He's been really good so far. Is it any worse than the deal we gave Peavy with his injury concerns? At least Bourn addresses a weakness.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 02:59 PM
He's been really good so far. Is it any worse than the deal we gave Peavy with his injury concerns? At least Bourn addresses a weakness.

Without Peavy, many would have considered the rotation a weakness. The fact that he gave the Sox a discount made him one of the most attractive options on the market.

Frater Perdurabo
05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
In the list of areas to cast blame, these far outrank Hahn's performance:

JR's organizational philosophy of not investing in the scouting, drafting and player development system, in particular with regards to position players;

Relatedly, our inability to develop quality position players who can hit well in the majors;

Dunn's performance making his contract an albatross;

A legacy of lost trades, such as both Swisher deals, the Teahen deals, etc.

SCCWS
05-05-2013, 05:15 PM
In the list of areas to cast blame, these far outrank Hahn's performance:

JR's organizational philosophy of not investing in the scouting, drafting and player development system, in particular with regards to position players;

Relatedly, our inability to develop quality position players who can hit well in the majors;

Dunn's performance making his contract an albatross;

A legacy of lost trades, such as both Swisher deals, the Teahen deals, etc.

Good post. Actually who is the last position player the Sox have brought up or traded who can hit well in the majors???

Lip Man 1
05-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Ordonez? Lee?? just off the top of my head.

Lip

RKMeibalane
05-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Good post. Actually who is the last position player the Sox have brought up or traded who can hit well in the majors???

Lip

And Thome was the last acquired via trade. That was the off-season of '05-06.

#1swisher
05-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Mark Gonzales
Peavy going to test his back by throwing off a mound in a few minutes.

Daryl Van Schouwen
LF Dayan Viciedo (left oblique) off to AAA Charlotte for rehab stint. Hasn't played in 18 days. Will need four or five games there

EDIT:
Mark Gonzales
Peavy ready for Wednesday

blandman
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Mark Gonzales
Peavy going to test his back by throwing off a mound in a few minutes.

Daryl Van Schouwen
LF Dayan Viciedo(left oblique) off to AAA Charlotte for rehab stint. Hasn't played in 18 days. Will need four or five games there

He needs a lot more than that.

Hitmen77
05-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Lip

The last ones drafted that I can think of were Joe Crede and Aaron Rowand. They were drafted at least 15 years ago and broke into the majors more than 10 years ago. That's a long time since then for this franchise to crank out players like Josh Fields and Brian Anderson.

The Sox did trade for Carlos Quentin in 2008 and he had a monster year that season. His success here didn't last long, though.

doublem23
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Peavy says his work today went well and he will start Wednesday at Citi Field

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/white-sox-talk/peavy-set-wednesday-start-new-york

#1swisher
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Scott Merkin
Gavin Floyd will undergo season-ending surgery tomorrow in New York City to repair the ulnar collateral ligament and a torn flexor muscle in his elbow.

Surgery will be performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery ...

Expected recovery time for Floyd, 30, is approximately 14-19 months.

SCCWS
05-07-2013, 04:09 PM
The last ones drafted that I can think of were Joe Crede and Aaron Rowand. They were drafted at least 15 years ago and broke into the majors more than 10 years ago. That's a long time since then for this franchise to crank out players like Josh Fields and Brian Anderson.

The Sox did trade for Carlos Quentin in 2008 and he had a monster year that season. His success here didn't last long, though.

No, by traded I meant developed but then dealt away. Damn, if it is Crede/Rowand then that may mean they have had the worst farm system in baseball this decade.

vinny
05-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 3h

#WhiteSox have claimed 1B Mike McDade (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=mcdade001mic) off waivers from the @Indians and transferred Floyd to the 60-day DL.

Huisj
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 3h

#WhiteSox have claimed 1B Mike McDade (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=mcdade001mic) off waivers from the @Indians and transferred Floyd to the 60-day DL.

Woo hoo, an ex Lansing Lugnut! I have some scorecards somewhere on a bookshelf with him in them. From what I remember of him in A-ball, he was big, slow, and struck out a lot. He'll fit in great.

Hitmen77
05-08-2013, 10:08 AM
No, by traded I meant developed but then dealt away. Damn, if it is Crede/Rowand then that may mean they have had the worst farm system in baseball this decade.

Oh, your right. I misread your post. The only position players who I can think of in the last decade that the Sox developed and then traded away and ended up having any success in the majors were Chris Young, Miguel Olivo, and Michael Morse. The last two were traded in '04 for Freddy Garcia.

Morse was drafted in 2000, so that's not exactly recent (13 years ago). Olivo was acquired as a minor leaguer via trade in 2000. He hasn't exactly been an above average player in the majors, but he has at least stuck around.

That track record is pathetic. If you think about the 2005 WS team, an important part of that team were players the Sox drafted or acquired by trading players they drafted. Having a farm system that turns out little or no MLB players or valuable trading chips over this long of a period does matter.

#1swisher
05-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Gordon Beckham
took ground balls before Tues. game, has been taking dry swings and hitting off a tee and plans to move to flips in a couple of days, and then go to live batting practice.
"It will be a little more than a week before I start on a rehab assignment, unless it just feels really good off the bat. It's looking like, unless it doesn't feel right or something, we'll be back before six weeks," Beckham said.

Dayan Viciedo
began his injury rehab assignment with Danks for Triple-A Charlotte, going 0-for-6 in the doubleheader.

John Danks
made his second rehab start Tues in Columbus, Ohio. Five innings and 92 pitches, striking out four, walking five and allowing two runs.

Mark Gonzales
Danks: "I’ll go to Charlotte for another start or two and go from there. Hopefully soon. I know one for sure, and maybe a second one."
Danks told a pool reporter GM Hahn was in attendance at his start Tuesday in Columbus.

"The radar gun I was looking at every pitch and there weren’t many heaters under 88, 87.I looked up and saw a couple of 90s"

Daryl Van Schouwen
"I think it was a good sign that my velocity [88-91]was a lot more consistent from start to finish.''
Said he's regained feel for cutter. "To make it do what I want, that’s a big pitch for me because it plays off my changeup big-time.'

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130507&content_id=46861082&notebook_id=46879212&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

#1swisher
05-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Dan Hayes
Gavin Floyd's surgeon, David Altchek, said the surgery, which repaired the UCL and flexor muscle, "could not have gone better."

blandman
05-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Dayan Viciedo
began his injury rehab assignment with Danks for Triple-A Charlotte, going 0-for-6 in the doubleheader.

Sounds like he's in season form.

#1swisher
05-13-2013, 06:13 PM
John Danks
made his third Minor League rehab start, allowing two earned runs on seven hits over six innings, while striking out five and walking three.

Next start May 18 at Buffalo for the Knights, giving him an extra day between starts. Could return to the White Sox for a home series against the Marlins the weekend of May 24.

#1swisher
05-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Gordon Beckham
to participate in batting practice later in the week, either Wednesday or Thursday. If that goes well, he could be headed off on a rehab assignment soon.

Chris Sale
had to have emergency dental work, to remove an abscessed tooth Monday morning.

#1swisher
05-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Mark Gonzales 1h
INF Angel Sanchez, on DL, just had long chat with Herm Schneider and Rick Hahn during BP. Rehab assignment coming soon.

#1swisher
05-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Chicago White Sox
Gordon Beckham said he is leaving today for Charlotte rehab. He will likely not be in thelineupuntil Saturday.

#1swisher
05-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Danks
made his fourth Minor League start on Sat., could start against the Marlins on Friday.

Beckham
Ventura: "waiting for the physical part of Bechams' recovery to come back.
Gordon is still running around and doing stuff, so he still kind of has the eyes and the timing of it. I think he will progress a little quicker."

Sanchez
lower back strain, is 4-for-16 with six runs scored over six games for the Knights.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130519&content_id=48004270&notebook_id=48008962&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

FielderJones
05-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Danks
made his fourth Minor League start on Sat., could start against the Mariners on Friday.

Marlins?

#1swisher
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Marlins?

EDIT:

Mark Gonzales
RV thinks Beckham could return sometime this weekend

#1swisher
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Chicago White Sox
Sale intends to make his next start but said he didn't feel right today. The tendinitis flared up after last start but wasn't bothersome.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130521&content_id=48209480&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

jcw218
05-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Danks will make 2013 season debut vs Marlins on Friday 5/24.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/danks-set-return-rotation

#1swisher
05-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Beckham
No shot, medication changed.
Hahn:
"His hand and the ligaments have to heal and get used to their new configuration in there without the specific hamate bone. Herm and our doctors spoke with the operating surgeon last night, and this morning came up with this treatment plan for the next couple of days. It's something that happens. It's nothing to be alarmed about."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130524&content_id=48470410&notebook_id=48473988&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Sale
Going to pitch on Tues., WANTS to pitch on Tues. Went through his normal shoulder program Friday and didn't feel anything. Will throw on Sat.

#1swisher
05-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Sale
Threw a bullpen session on Sunday, to start Tuesday.

Flowers
missed his third straight game with back spasms on Sunday. Ventura expects him back during the Cubs series.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130526&content_id=48648728&notebook_id=48656066&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

#1swisher
06-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Beckham
"In the next week, if not sooner," manager Robin Ventura said before Saturday's afternoon game against the A's.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130601&content_id=49302822&notebook_id=49321186&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Noneck
06-02-2013, 11:54 AM
I heard Wise to 15 day DL and Danks up. The Danks boys era has finally begun.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I heard Wise to 15 day DL and Danks up. The Danks boys era has finally begun.

Eh...one stiff replaced by another stiff.

Lip

#1swisher
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Wise
OF Dewayne Wise (strained right hamstring) on 15-day DL, retro to 5/30; recall OF Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte

DonnieDarko
06-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Eh...one stiff replaced by another stiff.

Lip

To be fair, if only because he's younger, I think that Jordan Danks can bring more to the club than Wise can. And I normally support Wise.

Jordan Danks is also hitting the hell out of the ball in AAA, last I checked. I think that he's done everything that he can in the minors. Sure, he might have the ceiling of a 4th outfielder or a AAAA player, but I think that it's time that the kid get a prolonged look in the majors, again, if only as a 4th outfielder.

BainesHOF
06-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Perhaps Jordan Danks can replace his brother in the rotation.

dickallen15
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Beckham is back, Greene is DFA'd according to Dan Hayes.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2013, 07:37 PM
The savior is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm sure they'll be boatloads of teams wanting Tyler Green now!

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
The savior is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm sure they'll be boatloads of teams wanting Tyler Green now!

Lip

I don't think Beckham will fix the offense, but he will improve the fielding, which will help our starting pitchers go deeper into games and thus prevent runs from scoring.

Also, against LHP, Keppinger would be a better DH than Dunn.

#1swisher
06-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Peavy
Rib pain in his left side. X-rays were negative for a fracture, and an MRI was scheduled for Wednesday morning in Seattle.
This injury rose up in Oakland, and something might have been in there even longer, according to Peavy. He saw a doctor Monday and figured he could work his way through Tuesday's start.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130604&content_id=49631012&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

samurai_sox
06-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Peavy out 4-6 weeks with rib fracture, there goes his trade value. :(:

Per Hawk on the telecast.

amsteel
06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Peavy out 4-6 weeks with rib fracture, there goes his trade value. :(:

Per Hawk on the telecast.

Back before the deadline at least.

thomas35forever
06-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh Jake. Why did this have to happen to you now?

eriqjaffe
06-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Back before the deadline at least.If only KW worked for some other team so that he could trade for an injured Jake Peavy again.

amsteel
06-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh Jake. Why did this have to happen to you now?

To me it's more remarkable how long he went healthy based on his track record. Gotta hope he gets a couple good starts in July and some GM has some prospects to burn.

blandman
06-05-2013, 05:41 PM
There goes the trade leverage on Peavy. No one is giving up blue chips for him now. We'll have to wait for the offseason, and then it's only a year left on his deal so we're not getting anything decent for him. Should have traded him already. Deal immediately becomes a loss since we're not competing. It's wasted money now.

DSpivack
06-05-2013, 05:44 PM
There goes the trade leverage on Peavy. No one is giving up blue chips for him now. We'll have to wait for the offseason, and then it's only a year left on his deal so we're not getting anything decent for him. Should have traded him already. Deal immediately becomes a loss since we're not competing. It's wasted money now.

It's not a year left on his deal, it's one year plus an option for another year. And he still can return before the trade deadline this season.

blandman
06-05-2013, 05:48 PM
It's not a year left on his deal, it's one year plus an option for another year. And he still can return before the trade deadline this season.

No, according to Cots it's a player option (team has no control or buyout privilege) that he can only qualify for based on innings pitched that he's now likely not to meet (400 over two years, 190 of which has to be next season).

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/american-league/chicago-white-sox/

slavko
06-05-2013, 11:52 PM
How do you fracture a rib? Did something take place that affected his bone density? Doctors, help?

Falstaff
06-06-2013, 02:19 AM
How do you fracture a rib? Did something take place that affected his bone density? Doctors, help?
The Peave is a great team guy and has lots of friends on the club. I would guess they were busting it up about something, like a grand slam, and somebody gave him a good ribbing, made Jake laugh. That 6 man rotation does not sound so bad now huh?

FielderJones
06-06-2013, 10:11 AM
That 6 man rotation does not sound so bad now huh?

Yes, it still does. We now have a long reliever that can immediately be slotted into starting duty. An extra day of rest would not have spared Peavy's rib.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
According to the Sun-Times, for what it's worth:

"Peavy, who is signed through next season and has no no-trade clause in his contract..."

Lip

#1swisher
06-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Peavy
out 4-6 weeks with non-displaced rib fracture on his left side. He will be shut down for four-to-six weeks, and the only treatment for him is rest. X-rays taken at Safeco Field proved negative for a fracture, but the MRI showed differently.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130605&content_id=49699814&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

#1swisher
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
The Peave is a great team guy and has lots of friends on the club. I would guess they were busting it up about something, like a grand slam, and somebody gave him a good ribbing, made Jake laugh. That 6 man rotation does not sound so bad now huh?

Peavy just had a birthday 5.31

doublem23
06-06-2013, 11:32 AM

:rolleyes:

No one is trading blue chip prospects in May, anyways, so you're argument is pretty much moot. It's all part of the risk/reward when dealing with veteran players. And 2 years, $29 M hardly qualifies as a bad deal. Don't be so dramatic.

Foulke You
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
:rolleyes:

No one is trading blue chip prospects in May, anyways, so you're argument is pretty much moot. It's all part of the risk/reward when dealing with veteran players. And 2 years, $29 M hardly qualifies as a bad deal. Don't be so dramatic.
You are correct that Peavy has a very team friendly deal. Edwin Jackson got 4 years $52 million and Anibal Sanchez got 5 years $80 million on the open market last offseason so Peavy's 2 year $29 million is practically bargain bin in comparison.

asindc
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM

If we were going to trade him before now then there was no point in re-signing him in the first place. As others have noted, we got a bargain in his contract and there is always an injury risk, especially with pitchers. Saying we should have traded him before now is a textbook example of Monday morning quarterbacking.

DSpivack
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
If we were going to trade him before now then there was no point in re-signing him in the first place. As others have noted, we got a bargain in his contract and there is always an injury risk, especially with pitchers. Saying we should have traded him before now is a textbook example of Monday morning quarterbacking.

Agreed. There is a reason why there are more deals closer to the deadline. I was looking forward to a potential Peavy deal in the middle of July or around then.

blandman
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Anyone who doesn't think we should have traded Peavy already is in denial of the state of the White Sox. It was obvious even before the last losing streak this team was a lock for bottom of the division. That's when the trade needed to happen. You want to disagree with that, that's your perogative. But it isn't like A) it wasn't said then by many people and B) it isn't incredibly obvious now. Our run differential doesn't even point to a 70 win team. We're probably more likely to lose 100 than win 70. Waiting when it's blatantly obvious it's time to blow it up is another in a long list of why Rick Hahn is not/should never have been a major league general manager. Seriously, we can't get better until he's fired.

Noneck
06-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I believe Hahn is told if, when and how to blow this thing up. I blame him for nothing regarding this.

dickallen15
06-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone who doesn't think we should have traded Peavy already is in denial of the state of the White Sox. It was obvious even before the last losing streak this team was a lock for bottom of the division. That's when the trade needed to happen. You want to disagree with that, that's your perogative. But it isn't like A) it wasn't said then by many people and B) it isn't incredibly obvious now. Our run differential doesn't even point to a 70 win team. We're probably more likely to lose 100 than win 70. Waiting when it's blatantly obvious it's time to blow it up is another in a long list of why Rick Hahn is not/should never have been a major league general manager. Seriously, we can't get better until he's fired.
The sky is falling. We're all doomed.

What were the offers for Peavy? If you don't have any idea, you are the one in denial. He still can probably be traded at some point if need be.

Considering you had the Tigers threatening to have the best record of all time coming into this season and highly touted their then to be rookie closer, if Hahn is a lousy GM, I know someone who would be a lot worse.

blandman
06-06-2013, 02:59 PM
The sky is falling. We're all doomed.

What were the offers for Peavy? If you don't have any idea, you are the one in denial. He still can probably be traded at some point if need be.

Considering you had the Tigers threatening to have the best record of all time coming into this season and highly touted their then to be rookie closer, if Hahn is a lousy GM, I know someone who would be a lot worse.

Irrelevant post is irrelevant. Why are the first place Tigers being talked about in regards to the **** storm our GM created?

The sky is falling. If it wasn't for the Marlins and Astros, we'd be the worst run organization in baseball. And it's debatable that we're not.

doublem23
06-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Oh, good ****ing Lord, the usual over-the-top, hyperdrama.

First, anyone who thinks the Sox should have traded Peavy already is completely out of their mind. Please explain how it would have helped the team to give away a valuable asset that's signed to a team-friendly deal in May, a period when no team is offering solid prospects for veterans. Yes, there is inherent risk when you hold on to a player in hopes as time and performance pass that his value will rise, and yes, if Peavy's hurt until the trade deadline, that will be a missed opportunity for the Sox, but they need impact players, not the usual organization filler. Holding Peavy until July and hoping a desperate team in need of a veteran arm was the right play. I really shouldn't have to explain this. It is possible to be realistic of the Sox's chances this year AND ALSO not think they need to completely panic and sell everything for nickels on the dollar.

I could entertain the idea the Sox should have traded Peavy if he had some ridiculously long and expensive contract that would impair the team's ability to rebuild, but he doesn't, he's here for 1 more season at a very reasonable rate for a guy whose been around the Top 15 of WAR for P for most of the season.

Second, Hahn was frequently praised as a well regarded up and coming GM. What a ridiculous assessment based on absolutely nothing.

doublem23
06-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Irrelevant post is irrelevant. Why are the first place Tigers being talked about in regards to the **** storm our GM created?

Not at all, it's a reminder that you spent the better part of the off-season around here banging the drum that the Tigers were a shoe-in to clip 100 wins and run away with the division, yet here we sit, in June, and they're not even on a pace to win 90 right now (this despite the fact they have played one of the least difficult schedules in the AL to date). More of a reminder to people to be wary of your over the top, ridiculous assertations based on your general track record of being hilariously, hilariously wrong about everything.

blandman
06-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh, good ****ing Lord, the usual over-the-top, hyperdrama.

First, anyone who thinks the Sox should have traded Peavy already is completely out of their mind. Please explain how it would have helped the team to give away a valuable asset that's signed to a team-friendly deal in May, a period when no team is offering solid prospects for veterans. Yes, there is inherent risk when you hold on to a player in hopes as time and performance pass that his value will rise, and yes, if Peavy's hurt until the trade deadline, that will be a missed opportunity for the Sox, but they need impact players, not the usual organization filler. Holding Peavy until July and hoping a desperate team in need of a veteran arm was the right play. I really shouldn't have to explain this. It is possible to be realistic of the Sox's chances this year AND ALSO not think they need to completely panic and sell everything for nickels on the dollar.

I could entertain the idea the Sox should have traded Peavy if he had some ridiculously long and expensive contract that would impair the team's ability to rebuild, but he doesn't, he's here for 1 more season at a very reasonable rate for a guy whose been around the Top 15 of WAR for P for most of the season.

Second, Hahn was frequently praised as a well regarded up and coming GM. What a ridiculous assessment based on absolutely nothing.

I don't have time to re-list the more than a dozen craptular off-season decisions I've chimed in about Hahn making. But not trading the Peavy with his injury history off of an obviously bad team turned the one decent offseason move he made into another loss. We could have gotten a decent prospect for him. Now he's hurt beyond the trade deadline, meaning we can only trade him during the off-season, when he's a one year player and not likely to fetch anything. The only reason you don't trade him and his injury history before this point is if you think we're competing. And if that's the case, then chalk it up to yet another instance Hahn has shown utter incompetence in the GM role.

Not at all, it's a reminder that you spent the better part of the off-season around here banging the drum that the Tigers were a shoe-in to clip 100 wins and run away with the division, yet here we sit, in June, and they're not even on a pace to win 90 right now (this despite the fact they have played one of the least difficult schedules in the AL to date). More of a reminder to people to be wary of your over the top, ridiculous assertations based on your general track record of being hilariously, hilariously wrong about everything.

They have like a +72 run differential. They're going to win 95+ games. They're very likely to win 100+ games. The only people doubting that are those that can only look at wins and losses as opposed to the things that actually project how a team is playing.

doublem23
06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't have time to re-list the more than a dozen craptular off-season decisions I've chimed in about Hahn making. But not trading the Peavy with his injury history off of an obviously bad team turned the one decent offseason move he made into another loss. We could have gotten a decent prospect for him. Now he's hurt beyond the trade deadline, meaning we can only trade him during the off-season, when he's a one year player and not likely to fetch anything. The only reason you don't trade him and his injury history before this point is if you think we're competing. And if that's the case, then chalk it up to yet another instance Hahn has shown utter incompetence in the GM role.

What world do you live in where teams routinely trade top prospects in May but not in the offseason?

blandman
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
What world do you live in where teams routinely trade top prospects in May but not in the offseason?

This is a 100 loss team. It was obvious in May.

Peavy is a ticking time bomb. That was obvious before we signed him.

It's a loss. At best, it was a gamble that didn't pay off. But it didn't pay off. That's something he needs to be called out on. Especially since it's been lauded as the one thing all offseason that wasn't an absolutely stupid move.

You don't get anything for players in a walk year. Not anymore. He needed to be traded this year.

doublem23
06-06-2013, 04:22 PM

It's a loss. At best, it was a gamble that didn't pay off. But it didn't pay off. That's something he needs to be called out on. Especially since it's been lauded as the one thing all offseason that wasn't an absolutely stupid move.

You don't get anything for players in a walk year. Not anymore. He needed to be traded this year.

OK, first off, this "you don't get anything for players in walk years" is 100% bull****. Off the top of my head, I know the Braves had a nice offer on the table for Ryan Dempster last year before he used his NTC to block that deal and the Angels gave Milwaukee a nice package of playes for Zack Greinke last July, as well, centered around Jean Segura, a Top 100 prospect who is now the Brewers' starting SS and leads the NL in batting. Both Dempster and Greinke were in the last months of their contracts when they were traded.

Now, I'm sure you'll spout off something like, "well, Peavy's no Greinke or Dempster," and sure, maybe you're right (actually no, you're not, Peavy's WAR the past 3 seasons easily outclips both those guys... Easily), but the point remains that if you're argument revolves around this notion that teams don't give anything up for playes in walk years, you're already wrong.

But aside from that, what, precisely do you think the Sox would have gotten for Jake had they dumped him in May and given away their leverage (caused by the trade deadline). There's going to be a few teams looking for a veteran arm in July, and that bidding is what drives guys' prices up. When a team knows they're bidding against no one, it usually doesn't create demand for players. I shouldn't have to be explaining this. I can't remember any blockbuster trade happening recently this early in the season for a long time.

So, then the idea that the Sox "gambled" by keeping Peavy is clearly wrong, as the term gambling implies some kind of potential for a loss. How would the Sox's long term future been dramatically altered if they had dumped Peavy for a middling prospect two weeks ago or, at worst, just let him finish his next year and a half here? Maybe there'd be some kind of argument for this if Peavy's contract was so long and expensive that it limited the team's ability to rebuild, but it's not. Or maybe if the Sox had some hot shot SP in AA or AAA who was being blocked by Peavy, but there isn't. Essentially if the Sox were to trade him for nothing today or release him in October 2014, the path of the franchise would be identical. The only sane thing for the team to do would be to hold him to July and see if there's any kind of market for him, you can still legitimately land a good prospect for a veteran pitcher with a good deal that expires soon. This idea that there's no market for Peavy is completely ridiculous. There's a reason why a man of your obvious genius has been reduced to shouting your factually light ideas around on an internet message board.

blandman
06-06-2013, 04:39 PM
OK, first off, this "you don't get anything for players in walk years" is 100% bull****. Off the top of my head, I know the Braves had a nice offer on the table for Ryan Dempster last year before he used his NTC to block that deal and the Angels gave Milwaukee a nice package of playes for Zack Greinke last July, as well, centered around Jean Segura, a Top 100 prospect who is now the Brewers' starting SS and leads the NL in batting. Both Dempster and Greinke were in the last months of their contracts when they were traded.

Now, I'm sure you'll spout off something like, "well, Peavy's no Greinke or Dempster," and sure, maybe you're right (actually no, you're not, Peavy's WAR the past 3 seasons easily outclips both those guys... Easily), but the point remains that if you're argument revolves around this notion that teams don't give anything up for playes in walk years, you're already wrong.

But aside from that, what, precisely do you think the Sox would have gotten for Jake had they dumped him in May and given away their leverage (caused by the trade deadline). There's going to be a few teams looking for a veteran arm in July, and that bidding is what drives guys' prices up. When a team knows they're bidding against no one, it usually doesn't create demand for players. I shouldn't have to be explaining this. I can't remember any blockbuster trade happening recently this early in the season for a long time.

So, then the idea that the Sox "gambled" by keeping Peavy is clearly wrong, as the term gambling implies some kind of potential for a loss. How would the Sox's long term future been dramatically altered if they had dumped Peavy for a middling prospect two weeks ago or, at worst, just let him finish his next year and a half here? Maybe there'd be some kind of argument for this if Peavy's contract was so long and expensive that it limited the team's ability to rebuild, but it's not. Or maybe if the Sox had some hot shot SP in AA or AAA who was being blocked by Peavy, but there isn't. Essentially if the Sox were to trade him for nothing today or release him in October 2014, the path of the franchise would be identical. The only sane thing for the team to do would be to hold him to July and see if there's any kind of market for him, you can still legitimately land a good prospect for a veteran pitcher with a good deal that expires soon. This idea that there's no market for Peavy is completely ridiculous. There's a reason why a man of your obvious genius has been reduced to shouting your factually light ideas around on an internet message board.

Well, Peavy isn't Zach Greinke so of course I was going to say that. You're right, I worded it wrong. You can get something for players in walk years; but guys like Jake Peavy don't get you something in their walk years. Young aces do. Veterans with extensive injury histories do not. And now that he's hurt again, he's really not gonna get much.

A team like the Orioles would have traded for Peavy in the last few weeks. It was rumored they inquired and were told we weren't dealing.

The Dempster package was garbage, but so is Dempster. Even that Braves package that never was. Don't believe the Chicago media hype. Randall Delgado was regarded positively because he was close to ready, not because he was special. His ceiling was still a 4. It's like getting Hector Santiago in a trade. Not exactly a game changer. And certainly not what you want for someone like Peavy.

dickallen15
06-06-2013, 09:23 PM

An obvious 100 loss team? How about a big wager? And again you are blasting them for not trading Peavy. What were the offers?

doublem23
06-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Well, Peavy isn't Zach Greinke so of course I was going to say that. You're right, I worded it wrong. You can get something for players in walk years; but guys like Jake Peavy don't get you something in their walk years. Young aces do. Veterans with extensive injury histories do not. And now that he's hurt again, he's really not gonna get much.

A team like the Orioles would have traded for Peavy in the last few weeks. It was rumored they inquired and were told we weren't dealing.

The Dempster package was garbage, but so is Dempster. Even that Braves package that never was. Don't believe the Chicago media hype. Randall Delgado was regarded positively because he was close to ready, not because he was special. His ceiling was still a 4. It's like getting Hector Santiago in a trade. Not exactly a game changer. And certainly not what you want for someone like Peavy.

For Christ's sake, just give it a rest, you're wrong.

#1swisher
06-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Gavin Floyd
New York on the 17th to see the doctor and start rehab.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/floyd-upbeat-he-begins-road-recovery

Lip Man 1
06-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Good luck Gavin somewhere else.

Lip

#1swisher
06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Dan Hayes
Jake Peavy rode a bike and did shoulder work yesterday and he's excited about the chance to work out. #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash) http://bit.ly/12dJFVN (http://t.co/FtlFdTULJ2)

Doug Padilla
Peavy progressing but uncertain of return http://es.pn/12OgHlw (http://t.co/4KhkCwCnyA)

#1swisher
06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Doug Padilla
Peavy targets bullpens by next week http://es.pn/134yO71 (http://t.co/w2TGqzYdX8)

#1swisher
06-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Chicago White Sox
Per Herm Schneider, @JakePeavy_44 (https://twitter.com/JakePeavy_44) played catch today for about 10 min, at the 3-wk mark of his rib injury. He is working to build strength.

Peavy told the media that he thought he had a broken rib last year in Detroit, but it turned out to be a false alarm brought about by an old X-ray machine.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130626&content_id=51851098&notebook_id=51878006&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

#1swisher
06-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Doug Padilla
Peavy playing catch again. First bullpen session likely for Tuesday.

Fastball23
06-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 11m (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/status/350694767077765121)
Konerko said Sunday is earliest he'd likely play. Had six injections in his back today, MRI on Thursday

#1swisher
06-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Konerko had an MRI on Thursday and then got six injections Friday.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_06_29_clemlb_chamlb_1&mode=preview&vkey=preview_web_home&c_id=cws

Wise injures oblique, in final day of rehab stint for a strained right hamstring.
Wise doesn't believe the injury is as serious as a pull, but has no real timetable for his return.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130628&content_id=52062316&notebook_id=52063484&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

#1swisher
07-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Konerko took between 75 and 80 swings on Saturday and 50 more on Sunday. He's going to take it easy on Monday and should be in todays lineup.

Peavy played catch again on Sunday and hopes to throw a bullpen session as early as Tuesday.

#1swisher
07-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Peavy threw a successful bullpen session, Cooper called "light to medium" on Tuesday afternoon.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130702&content_id=52473798&notebook_id=52475478&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Dan Hayes
Only negative tonight: Jesse Crain didn't pitch bc of shoulder tightness. Told @ChuckGarfien (https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien) hopes its day-to-day. http://bit.ly (http://t.co/1yaskLE83d)
/12kJQzS (http://t.co/1yaskLE83d)

EDIT:

Chicago White Sox
RHP Jesse Crain (R shoulder strain, retroactive to 6/30) &1B Paul Konerko (lower back strain) on the 15-day DL,

#1swisher
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Dan Hayes
Jake Peavy threw 53 pitches in bullpen session. Session Tues in Det. Cooper excited by progress. Start Sun b4 ASG hasn't been ruled out.
Jake Peavy takes another step forward but will probably require a rehab start.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/white-sox-notes-peavy-likely-needs-rehab-start

#1swisher
07-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales)
Wise began a rehab assignment saturday with Charlotte and went 1 for 2 with an RBI. Charlotte will face Freddy Garcia on Sunday

#1swisher
07-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin (https://twitter.com/scottmerkin) 24m (https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/353903905756823552)
Peavy said he was sore yesterday but a good kind of soreness from stepping up his workload Friday. Ready to go for Tuesday's simulated game

#1swisher
07-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Peavy
Arm and leg strength is returning after three weeks of inactivity, it's uncertain whether Peavy will need more than the one rehab start to return from the disabled list.

Crain
Played light catch from 40 to 50 feet on Tuesday, marking the first time the right-hander has thrown since going on the disabled list July 3 with a right shoulder strain.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130709&content_id=53208466&notebook_id=53219238&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws&tcid=tw_article_53208466

#1swisher
07-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN) 16m (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/status/355337815732654080)
Jesse Crain going out to throw. Also saw Paul Konerko working hard with the medicine ball

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox (https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox) 33m (https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox/status/355362736638656513)
Peavy to make Double-A rehab start http://es.pn/12k3j3Z (http://t.co/vHJbsyPT3T)

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales) 48m (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/355360772794224640)

Konerko (back) will have a better reading on his progress by Sunday after swinging a bat.

#1swisher
07-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin (https://twitter.com/scottmerkin) 8m (https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/355771539595071489)
Crain playing pregame catch. Said yesterday that he can do everything else fine, but is only bothered when throwing the ball.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales) 10m (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/355771423891009537)

Crain stretching it out to about 100 feet

winstonage
07-12-2013, 10:21 PM

The Sox were not going to take on a bunch of payroll. They were going to take one last shot at it with what they had. I think they resigned Peavy and picked up Floyd's option with this in mind, but also if things went south, they could flip Peavy and Floyd at the deadline. I also think Reinsdorf was sick and tired of having the 5th highest payroll in baseball with nothing to show for it.

Wedema
07-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Peavy gives up 1 run on 5 hits over 5 innings in rehab start for Birmingham in Huntsville today.

#1swisher
07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN) 19h (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/status/356528345820827648)
X-rays on Josh Phegley's index finger were negative

Birmingham Barons ‏@BhamBarons (https://twitter.com/BhamBarons)
Hear from former Cy Young Winner Jake Peavy following his start with the Barons against the Stars in Huntsville. http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=28922797&sid=t247 … (http://t.co/Sot27vtyIm)

Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago) 20h (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago/status/356526116036554754)

Despite having to fight fatigue, #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash) RHP Jake Peavy was solid in his first rehab start at Double-A Birmingham. http://www.csnchicago.com (http://t.co/psvmUaVcLv)

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN) 22h (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/status/356493319947300864) Jake Peavy has allowed a run and four hits through four innings at Birmingham. Has four strikeouts and has thrown 63 pitches.

DumpJerry
07-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Wise has a setback (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-chicago-white-sox-dewayne-wise-right-hamstring-20130716,0,1857506.story).

Noneck
07-16-2013, 03:20 PM
It is quite amazing how Wise is still around at the age 35. Lifetime stats of ba .228, obp .264, slug .381, ops .645. He has a pension for life, hes a lucky guy.

eriqjaffe
07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
It is quite amazing how Wise is still around at the age 35. Lifetime stats of ba .228, obp .264, slug .381, ops .645. He has a pension for life, hes a lucky guy.Indeed. I get the feeling he's a nice guy, and I certainly can't fault him for wanting to play professional baseball as long as possible at as high a level as he is allowed to.

I just wish it wasn't for the White Sox.

#1swisher
07-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Birmingham Barons ‏@BhamBarons (https://twitter.com/BhamBarons) 48m (https://twitter.com/BhamBarons/status/358618717254467584)

Paul Konerko batting during his rehab assignment with the Barons.
http://instagram.com/p/b_mpe4GMu8/#

#1swisher
07-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox (https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox) 5m (https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox/status/358684189266157569)

Paul Konerko could be back Monday http://es.pn/1bA5rNq (http://t.co/1lEvFxuTyT)

#1swisher
07-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Gordon Beckham strained his left wrist before BP on Friday.
"The doctor looked at it after the game [Saturday] night. He essentially said the ligament came off the bone and I know that sounds bad."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130721&content_id=54246684&notebook_id=54293310&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Dewayne Wise went 0-for-3 with a walk in his injury rehab game for Triple-A Charlotte on Saturday. Wise is working through a strained right hamstring.

Gavin Floyd has some range of motion back in his right arm, calling it a big step but a small step, as well, in the long process. He'll visit Dr. David Altchek, who performed the successful surgery on Floyd, in about one month, and hopes to get to toss a bit after that visit.

#1swisher
07-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Jesse Crain
Threw off the mound Tuesday, just fastballs and changeups. He'll have to prove that he can throw breaking balls before returning.
A scheduled side session on Thursday, could return to game action as early as Sunday.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130723&content_id=54480916&notebook_id=54494818&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN) 15h (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/status/359880170687045634)

Gordon Beckham said he'll try and swing the bat Wednesday after three days of no activity.

UPDATE on Beckham
After taking some light swings today, he felt he could compete with the swing he had today. It didn't feel great, it didn't feel 100%, but it felt better than the other day.

#1swisher
07-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan (https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan)
Ventura said Friday a possibility for Beckham.

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN)
Gordon Beckham took grounders today and sounds like he could return tomorrow.

WhiffleBall
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 47s (https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/360439121782644736)
Jesse Crain played catch and apparently it didn't go so well. No bullpen today.

Fastball23
07-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 47s (https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/360439121782644736)
Jesse Crain played catch and apparently it didn't go so well. No bullpen today.

This totally sucks.

SouthSideMike
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 33m (https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox/status/360439643952521217)
Now Coop talks. Calls Crain a slight setback. Crain expresses obvious disappointment. Won't be back before the deadline.

Well that sucks. There goes a big trade piece.

thomas35forever
07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 33m (https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox/status/360439643952521217)
Now Coop talks. Calls Crain a slight setback. Crain expresses obvious disappointment. Won't be back before the deadline.

Well that sucks. There goes a big trade piece.
On the bright side, we won't be able to say we traded any of our All-Stars this season.

JB98
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Crain could still be moved in a waiver deal in August.

Unlikely he would bring back much anyway. Probably about the same return they got on Thornton.

DSpivack
07-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Crain could still be moved in a waiver deal in August.

Unlikely he would bring back much anyway. Probably about the same return they got on Thornton.

I doubt he clears waivers. Crain has been much, much better than Thornton this season.

JB98
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I doubt he clears waivers. Crain has been much, much better than Thornton this season.

No, he won't clear. Someone will put in a claim, and then the Sox can negotiate a deal with that team.

He has been better than Thornton this year. By a wide margin. But he's not healthy, and that's obviously a huge issue.

#1swisher
07-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN) 1h (https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/status/362608861619814401)

The precautionary X-rays taken on Alex Rios were negative and he is day-to-day per the #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash).

ESPN
Tests show foot contusion - The Chicago White Sox listed outfielder Alex Rios as day to day ... http://ow.ly/2yN9z7 (http://t.co/E6SqCIxzfu)

#1swisher
08-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Brian Omogrosso
underwent surgery on Monday to shave down a bone spur and remove loose bodies in his elbow. Placed on the DL 7.10 (retro to 6.29) expected to resume throwing in 6-8 weeks.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/presspass/gamenotes.jsp?c_id=mlb

#1swisher
08-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Chicago White Sox ‏ (https://twitter.com/whitesox)
[/URL][URL="https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/367030941027278848"] (https://twitter.com/whitesox) Viciedo Update: MRI on his left thumb was negative and he is hoping to be back in the lineup in next day or so.

#1swisher
08-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Comcast SportsNet ‏ (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago)
[/URL][URL="https://twitter.com/CSNChicago/status/368237888422436864"] (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago) Gordon Beckham says his quad injury has been nagging him for a little while: http://bit.ly/14OA6VF (http://t.co/1qv2ROvvMv)

EMachine10
08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Troncoso to DL; Petricka up.

vinny
08-17-2013, 02:52 PM

There is a god! :praying:

slavko
08-17-2013, 10:50 PM

An infection of the pericardium, the lining around the heart. Coincidentally, "Tronco" means trunk in Spanish. Get well. Take your time. Lots of time.

#1swisher
08-20-2013, 03:06 PM
8.18 - Ramon Troncoso was released from the hospital and will go home and rest.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox (https://twitter.com/whitesox) 17 Aug (https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/368842509398450176)

(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash)Ramon Troncoso on 15-day DL w/ pericarditis.

#1swisher
09-03-2013, 04:48 PM
670 The Score ‏ (https://twitter.com/670TheScore)

#WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox&src=hash) place Tyler Flowers on 60-day disabled list http://cbsloc.al/17CdAMf (http://t.co/JSLlB680iw)
The club also transferred right-handed pitcher Brian Omogrosso to the 60-day disabled list.

#1swisher
09-04-2013, 02:33 PM

White Sox right-hander Ramon Troncoso, on the mend after dealing with a heart condition (Pericarditis), threw a simulated game today.

eriqjaffe
09-04-2013, 03:34 PM

White Sox right-hander Ramon Troncoso, on the mend after dealing with a heart condition (Pericarditis), threw a simulated game today.He gave up 4 runs on 6 hits in 1 1/3 innings.

#1swisher
09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Gavin Floyd
In phase 6 of a 12 to 14 phase program.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130914&content_id=60594582&notebook_id=60604396&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

#1swisher
09-24-2013, 01:41 PM
ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports (https://twitter.com/ChiTribSports)
[/URL] Sox reliever Purcey out with strained UCL [URL="http://t.co/S0NYiqeGMH"]http://trib.in/19BdeVH (https://twitter.com/ChiTribSports/status/382559797499158528)

#1swisher
09-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Jeff Keppinger will have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder Thursday in Chicago.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/9718549/chicago-white-sox-jeff-keppinger-needs-shoulder-surgery

#1swisher
09-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Jeff Keppinger expects to be 100 percent by November. Fraying of the rotator cuff and labrum found during the surgery.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130929&content_id=62122250&notebook_id=62164476&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Chez
09-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Jeff Keppinger expects to be 100 percent by November. Fraying of the rotator cuff and labrum found during the surgery.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130929&content_id=62122250&notebook_id=62164476&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Did they do an MRI on his bats? I suspect termite infestation.