PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4-13 White Sox on a Losing Streak Cle 9 - Sox 4 Postgamer

all*star quentin
04-13-2013, 05:40 PM
When will it end? :redface:

sox1970
04-13-2013, 05:46 PM
September 29

Lip Man 1
04-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Come sale away, come sale away with me...

Sox 1-7 with RISP today. Now 10-69 (.144) on the season.

That's so pathetic it's almost funny.

I had someone e-mail me last night with the comment, "it's hard to hit with both hands around your neck instead of the bat..."

You wonder when (yet again) this starts turning into a mental issue with these guys. Maybe it already has??

Oh well.

Lip

Huisj
04-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Wasn't it last year in Cleveland about this time of year when Sale was suddenly moved to the bullpen for a game because he was "hurt" and they needed to preserve his arm? What is it about him and Cleveland?

LITTLE NELL
04-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Came into this year with very low expectations for this team, I know it's early but I see nothing that excites me or gives me hope. The organization and team need a complete overhaul starting with maybe new owners.

amsteel
04-13-2013, 06:12 PM
There's either plenty of time left to improve or a lot of bad baseball left.

The RISP thing is frustrating, but will correct itself. The collapse of SP in the middle innings is more troublesome.

Soxman219
04-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Only team in baseball without a road win. Sad.

Dan H
04-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Came into this year with very low expectations for this team, I know it's early but I see nothing that excites me or gives me hope. The organization and team need a complete overhaul starting with maybe new owners.

I agree. Something dramatic should be done. The trouble is it should have been done a long time ago. This team seems to be drifting.

Noneck
04-13-2013, 06:23 PM
A team like this gets off to bad start and this could turn into a real quagmire for the fans. 1.5M is possible but Im sure by unloading the truck by the trade deadline and the sweet lease deal, ownership will still see black.

dickallen15
04-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Less than a week ago they were 4-2 in first place. Now the team is doomed.

tebman
04-13-2013, 06:50 PM
So depressing that there's not even a Pick to Click winner. Nonetheless,
you can further depress yourself by reading today's Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4385).

Bah.

MushMouth
04-13-2013, 07:05 PM
blech :angry:

BainesHOF
04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Sale looked like he has a dead arm. I can't remember so many players just teeing off on him. He looked like he had nothing on the ball.

Beyond that, the team looks lethargic. I know a team that isn't hitting often gives that impression, but that's my impression nevertheless. Even Hawk was quick to jump on Viciedo for a "lack of concentration" on the play he botched.

I wonder if the team is going through pre-game (or what it pre-series) defensive drills like it did last season. The defense has been brutal thus far. And our pitchers are back to not holding anyone on. There's already been way too many basestealers that Flowers has had no chance to throw out.

My guess is that the coaching staff took some things for granted this season.

Tragg
04-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Ventura sure pitches Sale heavy.
We've got a good pen...need to use it.

Zakath
04-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Ventura sure pitches Sale heavy.
We've got a good pen...need to use it.

The problem is the schedule. The Sox don't have an off-day until the 29th. We can't burn the pen up when we're in the middle of a 20-game stretch. We're going to hit the same thing in late May-early June, where we go from May 24 to June 13 without an off-day, and then again right after the All-Star break. The worst one comes at the end of August into September, where we get 20 in a row, with the first ten being three at Boston, three at New York, and 4 at Baltimore.

Red Barchetta
04-13-2013, 09:09 PM
0-5 with the new pants. Bring back the double tuxedo stripe! :tongue:

Seriously, the team is looking awful right now.

Zakath
04-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Things could be worse, though not much.

We could be the Angels, whose pitching staff has been getting torched.

Brewski
04-13-2013, 09:25 PM
I agree. Something dramatic should be done. The trouble is it should have been done a long time ago. This team seems to be drifting.

You thinking about Ozzie?

Tragg
04-13-2013, 09:43 PM
I have expected this team to have a collapse season one of these years....fading veterans + young players of so-so talent. Hope we can withstand this slump.

Lip Man 1
04-13-2013, 10:02 PM
First time since 1972 the Sox lost their first five road games to start the season.

Lip

Dick Allen
04-13-2013, 10:24 PM
First time since 1972 the Sox lost their first five road games to start the season.

Lip '72 didn't turn out too bad, did it?

RKMeibalane
04-13-2013, 10:33 PM
0-5 with the new pants. Bring back the double tuxedo stripe! :tongue:

Seriously, the team is looking awful right now.

I can't remember the last time people were this obsessed with a stripe. It reminds me of the Coke II fiasco, the immediate successor to New Coke, which failed to replace Coke (later Coca-Cola Classic) in 1985.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/CokeII.jpg

Look at that ridiculous blue stripe! I hope to gawd the Sox win a road game, or this **** will never end.

****, I tell you! ****!

Brian26
04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
I wonder if the team is going through pre-game (or what it pre-series) defensive drills like it did last season. The defense has been brutal thus far. And our pitchers are back to not holding anyone on. There's already been way too many basestealers that Flowers has had no chance to throw out.

There is absolutely no excuse for letting Mark Reynolds steal a base on you when you are a left handed pitcher. That was just an absolute mental lapse.

Hate to see Sale pitching batting practice to Swisher, but that is what I saw. The pitch Reynolds hit was a batting practice slider.

Garfein mentioned that Sale should have thrown the Brantley pitch to Swisher in the first inning.

Red Barchetta
04-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I can't remember the last time people were this obsessed with a stripe. It reminds me of the Coke II fiasco, the immediate successor to New Coke, which failed to replace Coke (later Coca-Cola Classic) in 1985.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/CokeII.jpg

Look at that ridiculous blue stripe! I hope to gawd the Sox win a road game, or this **** will never end.

****, I tell you! ****!

The stripe "obsession" is a playful distraction to an otherwise horrible road trip.

Falstaff
04-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Sale looked like he has a dead arm. I can't remember so many players just teeing off on him. He looked like he had nothing on the ball.

Beyond that, the team looks lethargic. I know a team that isn't hitting often gives that impression, but that's my impression nevertheless. Even Hawk was quick to jump on Viciedo for a "lack of concentration" on the play he botched.

My guess is that the coaching staff took some things for granted this season.
Yes at times it looked like he was working on the knuckle curve; that
was supposed to be offseason/ST project.

PeteWard
04-14-2013, 05:32 AM

Agreed. I live overseas now so it 's easier to give up as it is a bit of a hassle to catch games. I hope for a turnaround , but this looks like it could be the worst year in decades, excepting--maybe 2007.

I see a line up that could have only one 300 hitter and seven under 250. :(:

DrCrawdad
04-14-2013, 07:28 AM
The Sox really need Peavy to pitch well today AND the Sox offense needs to get in gear.

Chez
04-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Is it me or does anyone else think Sale is treating his fastball as an afterthought this season?

Lip Man 1
04-14-2013, 11:41 AM
'72 didn't turn out too bad, did it?

Dick:

Big difference between the two clubs talent wise though. Don't see an MVP - type player or a Pitcher of the Year candidate on the roster.

Lip

kittle42
04-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Less than a week ago they were 4-2 in first place. Now the team is doomed.

They were doomed then, too.