PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't Manos or K-layton moved over Howry?

RedPinStripes
07-31-2002, 05:21 PM
I'm confused.

Tragg
07-31-2002, 05:28 PM
Because those two, especially Clayton are WAY overpaid and produce too little (especially clayton again).

Cheryl
Royce isn't going anywhere because no one else will have him.

RedPinStripes
Since Crede is the future at 3rd, why in the hell would they put him in this situation? We know damn well sox mgt. will NOT stand by what they said. "Crede will be playing " BULL****! Choice and Manos are going to be pissed off . especially the cancer Royce. Wouldn't you want to make Crede comfortable? Weather it's on the palne, bus, dugout, or where ever with this team? Can't be too comfortable for him when he hears Choice bitching that he's not playing.

Mathew
07-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Can't be too comfortable for him when he hears Choice bitching that he's not playing.

Maybe not but it's comforting to me that's for sure! :D: Bitching about not playing is better than him playing. Of course we know Uncle Jerry will cave in its was fun to watch last night.

CubKilla
07-31-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm confused.

Can't move a player (CLAYTON) that no one wants..... especially one with a $4,000,000+ price tag. I'm surprised there were no takers for Valentin though. God knows KW would have traded him away for next to nothing. I know some will say no one would trade for him because he's error prone but he is also one of the AL's best hitters with RISP.

And as far as Crede being put in an uncomfortable position..... let me put it this way. You know when you start a new job and certain people come up to you and point out the a$$holes and tell you to watch what you say around them and, sometimes, outright tell you to avoid them? I think some of the players on this team that think TEAM and not "I" are saying this to Crede about K-layton. This is Crede's time to shine. I'd be shocked if he let what Valentin and K-layton think about him effect his on-field play. If he does let it bother him, he's not ready to advance past AAA. Crede needs to think like NE Patriot's QB Tom Brady..... even though K-layton is not the baseball equivalent of Drew Bledsoe.

Daver
07-31-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

Can't move a player (CLAYTON) that no one wants..... especially one with a $4,000,000+ price tag. I'm surprised there were no takers for Valentin though. God knows KW would have traded him away for next to nothing. I know some will say no one would trade for him because he's error prone but he is also one of the AL's best hitters with RISP.

Valentin is under contract for next year also,at $5 mil...........

rmusacch
07-31-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Because those two, especially Clayton are WAY overpaid and produce too little (especially clayton again).

Why don't they release him?

RedPinStripes
07-31-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

I think some of the players on this team that think TEAM and not "I" are saying this to Crede about K-layton.

:hitless
"There is no "I in team, but there is an "M" and an "E"!!!!!

RedPinStripes
07-31-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

JR would never do that for his price tag.

rmusacch
07-31-2002, 08:52 PM

JR would never do that for his price tag.

Yeah but they are playing the rest of Sandy Alomar's salary while he plays for the Rockies.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2002, 11:10 PM
Yeah but they are playing the rest of Sandy Alomar's salary while he plays for the Rockies.

Which is about $800,000.

Royce is due like 1.5 million or something like that. I guess they don't want to eat that.

TheBigHurt
08-01-2002, 11:19 AM
combination of Our "great scouts "said howry was done and KW is an idiot

soxtalker
08-01-2002, 11:39 AM

There is a chance -- maybe slight, maybe not -- that he will
still be moved. Since his salary is so high, the waiver requirement doesn't really prevent him from being traded. Similar argument for Valentine.

Also, there is still the possibility of an impending strike. Now, it appears that KW is going to play the kids, but I wonder if he might want Clayton to take up a space on the 40-man roster. If he simply releases Clayton, will he have to move another minor leaguer onto the roster (who otherwise might avoid it) and put that player at risk of sitting for awhile? This, of course, doesn't appy to Valentine, since he's under contract for another year.