PDA

View Full Version : Top Cubs prospect Jorge Soler attacks opposing dugout with bat

doublem23
04-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Still not entirely sure what happened tonight in Florida, but Jorge Soler's stock isn't going to benefit from it

http://deadspin.com/cubs-prospect-jorge-soler-attacked-the-opposing-dugout-472287074

DrCrawdad
04-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Still not entirely sure what happened tonight in Florida, but Jorge Soler's stock isn't going to benefit from it

http://deadspin.com/cubs-prospect-jorge-soler-attacked-the-opposing-dugout-472287074

'But yeah, nobody gives a **** about Cubs prospect, Jorge Soler.'

DumpJerry
04-11-2013, 06:44 AM
I think I heard somewhere that Theo's reaction was something like "Delmon Young has worked just fine. Next question...."

kittle42
04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
'But yeah, nobody gives a **** about Cubs prospect, Jorge Soler.'

I do. He's on my NL only dynasty league bench. I hope he hits balls as well as he does people.

canOcorn
04-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I do. He's on my NL only dynasty league bench. I hope he hits balls as well as he does people.

Him and Baez look like wildcards. They have awesome talents, but both still believe in the theory/truth that you don't walk off the island. Story is both are uncoachable. Almora does look promising, but Theos will be looking for a job if these two don't pan out.

The Cubs should be pushing Castro for pitching prospects now. Castro is awful at SS and if Baez pans out they'll both be stuck at 3rd, with neither really an option at SS or 2B. And they really have no SP prospects.....

thomas35forever
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Him and Baez look like wildcards. They have awesome talents, but both still believe in the theory/truth that you don't walk off the island. Story is both are uncoachable. Almora does look promising, but Theos will be looking for a job if these two don't pan out.

The Cubs should be pushing Castro for pitching prospects now. Castro is awful at SS and if Baez pans out they'll both be stuck at 3rd, with neither really an option at SS or 2B. And they really have no SP prospects.....
Anthony Rizzo, your turn to be franchise player.

kittle42
04-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Isn't he already?

canOcorn
04-11-2013, 03:48 PM

That's the thing....He seems like a nice piece, but are you really building your team around Adam LaRouche part deux?

doublem23
04-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Soler gets a 5-day vacation

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0412-cubs-giants-chicago-20130412,0,2629326.story

soltrain21
04-12-2013, 06:47 PM
I think I heard somewhere that Theo's reaction was something like "Delmon Young has worked just fine. Next question...."

Keep swinging. Maybe one day you'll make contact.

Dan H
04-20-2013, 06:29 AM
That's the thing....He seems like a nice piece, but are you really building your team around Adam LaRouche part deux?

Rizzo is over-hyped as so many Cub prosopects. I wouldn't get excited about him until he goes around the league a couple more times. The more I see from the Cub front office and ownership, the more I don' t think these people know what they're doing. I don't think Cub fans are buying this nonsense, either.

doublem23
04-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Rizzo is over-hyped as so many Cub prosopects. I wouldn't get excited about him until he goes around the league a couple more times. The more I see from the Cub front office and ownership, the more I don' t think these people know what they're doing. I don't think Cub fans are buying this nonsense, either.

If it makes you feel any better, Rizzo was an incredibly well regarded prospect while he was with Boston and San Diego, as well

Dan H
04-20-2013, 07:17 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Rizzo was an incredibly well regarded prospect while he was with Boston and San Diego, as well

Actually, that makes me feel a whole lot better.

mzh
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't say he was incredibly well regarded. It was considered highway robbery when Boston got Gonzalez for him.

CoopaLoop
04-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Rizzo didn't crack the top 100 until the 2010 season. He was just a guy from 07-09