PDA

View Full Version : Who will get the call up?


Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2002, 04:08 PM
It has to be Simas, right?

Daver
07-31-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
It has to be Simas, right?

I would think so,though they will probably screw it up and bring up Kieschnik.

doublem23
07-31-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by daver


I would think so,though they will probably screw it up and bring up Kieschnik.

The Sox? Screw something up? Not in our lifetimes!

Daver
07-31-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


The Sox? Screw something up? Not in our lifetimes!

Are you trying to say that's unpossible? :redneck

RKMeibalane
07-31-2002, 05:45 PM
:KW

"I have decided to promote the ultra-talented James Parque. He is quite possibly the most gifted pitcher this organization has ever seen. He is ready to take his place amongst the elite starters in the American League."

Tragg
07-31-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:

"I have decided to promote the ultra-talented James Parque. He is quite possibly the most gifted pitcher this organization has ever seen. He is ready to take his place amongst the elite starters in the American League."

I laughed - but then I remembered that this is the bunch that DID call him up earlier this year and immediately put him in in a clutch situation to preserve a win against the As (which of course he didn't accomplish).

Foulke You
07-31-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
It has to be Simas, right?

It could be Simas...
:simas

Unless...you don't think they'd bring up...
:butter

HawkDJ
07-31-2002, 05:51 PM
Come on Jon Adkins!

DrCrawdad
07-31-2002, 05:51 PM
:vining
"Only 3 White Flaggers left, and with D-Lorenzo Barcelo forever on the DL, they have to give me the call up!"

RedPinStripes
07-31-2002, 05:52 PM
i think KW is done with Butter for a while. Hurt KW's ego and you'll never make it here.

hold2dibber
07-31-2002, 05:53 PM
Kieshnik!!!!!!!! I mean: Kieshnik!!!!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-31-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


The Sox? Screw something up? Not in our lifetimes!

Yeah, especially with that brilliant GM we have.


:KW

"Who me?"

Keystone Combo
07-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
It has to be Simas, right?

On the radio last night someone had asked about Simas and they said Simas has not regained his arm strength and the White Sox might not be too willing to bring him up yet.

rmusacch
07-31-2002, 07:28 PM
Any word on who got the callup?

MisterB
07-31-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Tragg


I laughed - but then I remembered that this is the bunch that DID call him up earlier this year and immediately put him in in a clutch situation to preserve a win against the As (which of course he didn't accomplish).

Parque was NOT brought in to preserve a win, he was brought in to get completely humiliated, in order to blow his "I don't need arm strength to pitch in the majors" concept all to hell. It was a harsh management move, but we haven't heard Butter complaining about being in Charlotte anymore...

CLR01
08-01-2002, 12:16 AM
From MLB.com-


The Sox haven't announced a roster move yet. The trade left them with 11 pitchers for Wednesday's game at Minnesota and they may stick with that until September call-ups. A Sox jersey with Charlotte shortstop D'Angelo Jimenez's name on it was laying in the Sox clubhouse prior to the game.

Soxheads
08-01-2002, 12:48 AM
Great, another infielder.

hold2dibber
08-01-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Great, another infielder.

Well, if they're brining up Jimenez, I've got to believe they're going to trade or release Clayton (or Graffinino). What the hell is the point of brining up Jimenez otherwise (you'd have Crede, Jimenez, Valentin, Clayton, Graffinino and Harris vying for 3 IF spots)?

Tragg
08-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Great, another infielder.


Let's see what he can do. He's our best minor league shortstop. I think the Sox hope he can be an average shortstop for a few years, and they may be right.
Valentin and Clayton should obviously be waived (although we'll probably have to do some salary payback to get anyone to take them). Hell, put Jose in the outfield.
We're out of it. Time to prepare for next year.

Randar68
08-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Let's see what he can do. He's our best minor league shortstop. I think the Sox hope he can be an average shortstop for a few years, and they may be right.
Valentin and Clayton should obviously be waived (although we'll probably have to do some salary payback to get anyone to take them). Hell, put Jose in the outfield.
We're out of it. Time to prepare for next year.


He's the most ready, yes. Best??? not so sure about that one.

delben91
08-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Randar68



He's the most ready, yes. Best??? not so sure about that one.

Which begs the question, how's Andy Gonzalez doing so far this season in Bristol?

Randar68
08-01-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by delben91


Which begs the question, how's Andy Gonzalez doing so far this season in Bristol?

Doing much better at the plate, patience-wise. He hasn't displayed the power he showed in Arizona last season. Errors are at a bit less of a pace from last season as well. He's rough around the endges, but I'm impressed by the adjustments he's made at the plate. Making contact and putting the ball in play much more often (k's are down)

delben91
08-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
:vining
"Only 3 White Flaggers left, and with D-Lorenzo Barcelo forever on the DL, they have to give me the call up!"

Oh Brian Manning, where have you gone?!?!?!

Randar68
08-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by delben91


Oh Brian Manning, where have you gone?!?!?!

I am pretty convinced they would not have made the playoffs. On the flipside, the NEVER would have made the memorable 2000 run without Howry and Foulke. Barcelo was very valuable in the pen down the stretch as well.

voodoochile
08-01-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Kieshnik!!!!!!!! I mean: Kieshnik!!!!!!!!

Gesundheit...

Dadawg_77
08-01-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Randar68



He's the most ready, yes. Best??? not so sure about that one.

If he heals that spine he probably would be.

Randar68
08-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77


If he heals that spine he probably would be.

I keep hearing this brought up. Is he not back to 100% or something. I thought this injury was old news....