PDA

View Full Version : More Sox video goofiness

vinny
04-02-2013, 01:04 PM
New extended cut now available.

Yeah it's cute, and might be indicative of a more relaxed clubhouse atmosphere under Robin. But none of these guys have AJ's acting chops.

http://www.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/pie.jsp

beasly213
04-02-2013, 01:09 PM
I chuckled.

ChiSoxGal85
04-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I LOL'd. Especially when Sale drops the weight.

:thumbsup:

Noneck
04-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I found it amusing but dont see how this will bring fans to park or watch games on tv.

ohiosoxfan
04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I found it amusing but dont see how this will bring fans to park or watch games on tv.

I respectfully disagree. . . it makes these guys more human (and fun) and gives people some insight into their personalities. . I bet it resonates with women especially.

TomBradley72
04-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Completely agree- same as the main ad last year- Robin Ventura in a cold, empty stadium talking to himself- OK for winter - but it was their main ad well into May/June-

Noneck
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
. . I bet it resonates with women especially.

Maybe so but I cant think from that side of the tracks.

doublem23
04-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I respectfully disagree. . . it makes these guys more human (and fun) and gives people some insight into their personalities. . I bet it resonates with women especially.

I agree, you gotta remember a lot of this marketing stuff isn't aimed at the people who post a lot on this board. Do any of us really need to be reminded the Sox started playing yesterday, or that they dropped ticket prices this season, or be introduced to guys like Addison Reed or Gordon Beckham? This stuff is aimed at casual and fairweather fans.

RKMeibalane
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Maybe so but I cant think from that side of the tracks.

I'm not sure if it's a gender issue more than it is a way to educate casual fans about the team. As doublem23 pointed out, not everyone who attends Sox games posts on this site. This community represents an extremely small minority of knowledgeable baseball fans, but does not make up the entirety of the Sox fanbase.

Noneck
04-02-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure if it's a gender issue more than it is a way to educate casual fans about the team. As doublem23 pointed out, not everyone who attends Sox games posts on this site. This community represents an extremely small minority of knowledgeable baseball fans, but does not make up the entirety of the Sox fanbase.

Yea The Dick Whitmans/Don Drapers of the world have to know more than me on this.

Brian26
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
New extended cut now available.

Yeah it's cute, and might be indicative of a more relaxed clubhouse atmosphere under Robin. But none of these guys have AJ's acting chops.

http://www.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/pie.jsp

Saw this on Wgn tonight and my five year old thought it was hilarious, so we rewound and watched it five more times. Sale getting hit with the pie = :rolling: bring back Bozo Circus. Pie faces rule.

soxfanatlanta
04-03-2013, 07:11 AM
"It's up my nose"

:lol:

vinny
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Outtakes now available.

kittle42
04-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Outtakes now available.

Wait, you mean the video itself wasn't just outtakes?