PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sweeney Released by Red Sox

SCCWS
03-30-2013, 07:55 AM
http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2013/03/sweeney-out-so-bradley-makes-the-team.html

Chez
03-30-2013, 08:34 AM
35 minutes since this thread was opened and no one has posted, "I'd rather have "X" than D. Wise?" WSI is off to a slow start this morning! C'mon; Opening Day is Monday!! :D:

RKMeibalane
03-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Make it happen, Hahn. :cool:

DumpJerry
03-30-2013, 10:22 AM
35 minutes since this thread was opened and no one has posted, "I'd rather have "X" than D. Wise?" WSI is off to a slow start this morning! C'mon; Opening Day is Monday!! :D:
We're holding out for Aaron Rowand.

RKMeibalane
03-30-2013, 11:55 AM

Rowand? Meh. I'm hoping for Royce Clayton, just so I can amuse myself thinking of how much ice cream he'll be eating this season.

spawn
03-30-2013, 12:13 PM
We wouldn't need any other backup outfielders if we had Rowand. Hell, with Rowand, we wouldn't need any other outfielders, period.

RKMeibalane
03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
We wouldn't need any other backup outfielders if we had Rowand. Hell, with Rowand, we wouldn't need any other outfielders, period.

I'm not sure we'd need anyone if Roward came back. I hear he's learned to throw a slider. Can you imagine what it's gong to be like with him coming out of the bullpen during close games? He's going to give the "Crash" nickname an entirely new meaning.

DSpivack
03-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Rowand? Meh. I'm hoping for Royce Clayton, just so I can amuse myself thinking of how much ice cream he'll be eating this season.

One of my favorite WSI tags:

:thechoice

spawn
03-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure we'd need anyone if Roward came back. I hear he's learned to throw a slider. Can you imagine what it's gong to be like with him coming out of the bullpen during close games? He's going to give the "Crash" nickname an entirely new meaning.
We were talking about this last night at the gathering. Dump made a good point. Rowand could pitch from center field.

getonbckthr
03-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Rowand could join Hawk and Stone until he's needed as a late inning replacement...

spawn
03-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Rowand could join Hawk and Stone until he's needed as a late inning replacement...
Well, he could replace Hawk and Steve, and then when he's needed, he could cover the game while covering the outfield. It's a win-win!

RKMeibalane
03-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, he could replace Hawk and Steve, and then when he's needed, he could cover the game while covering the outfield. It's a win-win!

:rowand

"That ball's hit hard to center field. I'm making the call. I've got the ball, and that'll do it for the Tigers in the seventh inning. We'll be back."

DSpivack
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM

"That ball's hit hard to center field. I'm making the call. I've got the ball, and that'll do it for the Tigers in the seventh inning. We'll be back."

:rolling:

DumpJerry
03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
You guys are downplaying just how important Aaron Rowand is to the team. Not only can he play all 10 positions (including DH) at the same time while doing the PBP and color on the television, but he can field manage and replace Rick Hahn and Uncle Jerry all at the same time.

Oh yeah, he will also sell beer in the Bleachers.

RKMeibalane
03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
You guys are downplaying just how important Aaron Rowand is to the team. Not only can he play all 10 positions (including DH) at the same time while doing the PBP and color on the television, but he can field manage and replace Rick Hahn and Uncle Jerry all at the same time.

Oh yeah, he will also sell beer in the Bleachers.

This I actually believe, as alcohol is the only explanation for the horrendous routes he took to chase down flyballs during his years with the Sox, Phillies, Giants, etc. Everyone remembers him crashing into the wall at Citizens Bank Park in '06. What most people don't realize is that he was in that position because he didn't read the ball off the bat correctly and had to run headlong into the wall to have a chance to catch it.

Edit: ESPN is reporting that Rowand will also serve as the umpiring crew for each White Sox game this season. No word on whether he's allowed to argue balls and strikes with himself.

mzh
03-30-2013, 01:41 PM
:threadrules:

RKMeibalane
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM

"Here's the 3-2 pitch. And that's ball... wait! No! No! No!

"What in the blue hell are you doing... Rowand? What are you doing? Dadgumit! Aaron Rowand... he needs a rest. Aaron Rowand... knows nothing about the game of baseball!

"There are some umpires working today who don't know anything about how baseball is played, and Aaron Rowand is one of them. For him to call Aaron Rowand out on strikes on a pitch like that is a gawd damn joke!"

sox1970
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Signed minor league deal with the Cubs.

Huisj
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
http://smellslikemascot.blogspot.com/2009/07/mr-buehrle-and-his-perfect-game.html

Imagine if The Legend woke and was allowed to share the bench with Wise and The Potential of Sweeney? Dynasty.