PDA

View Full Version : What would be more painfull?

Dadawg_77
07-31-2002, 02:21 PM
I am not sure which one.

NUCatsFan
07-31-2002, 02:30 PM
I'd say the rally and lose by 1 game simply because it would give us, the fans, the most hope only to drop us down the furthest.

hold2dibber
07-31-2002, 02:37 PM
I went with choice # 3; if they continue to play like crap all year, I'll have no hope for next year and that would be worse than the 1st option - which would at least mean a couple months of excitement and hope for next year.

But the 2nd choice is what is going to happen. They'll climb back to about 7 games out and make you think maybe, just maybe, they'll get back in it, then they'll fall back again and finsih 10 games out (Twins 90 wins, Sox 80 wins).

Cheryl
07-31-2002, 03:07 PM
I am all out of hope for this year anyway, and have been for some time. Reality check time--if they sweep the Twins in this series, they're 11 games back.

bc2k
07-31-2002, 03:29 PM
While trying not to sound like a Cubs fan, being in the race till the end would be exciting for us fans and something to build on for next year. I would have an easier time sleeping if I knew that the Sox went down fighting.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2002, 03:30 PM
The first choice. I would be banging my head on the wall whenever I thought of that Yankee series in which we could've easily swept them, but instead were swept!

Heather the Redbird

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 03:31 PM
if they play half way good, b/c next yr draft is a strong one.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2002, 03:46 PM
There is nothing I hate more than losing. I would greatly prefer spending the next two months watching them mount a comeback and fall just short (not that I have any hope they will).

For me, watching them lose and lose and lose some more would be the absolute worst.

I'm on the record several times as saying I would gladly trade places with those insufferable Red Sox fans (like George Plimpton and Ken Burns) who blab on and on about the "special pain" of being a Red Sox fan--always so close and never quite there.

B.S. Those people don't have a clue what special pain is.

"Special Pain" is losing and losing and losing and never even coming close--all the while suffering in anonymity because the majority of fans--even in your own hometown--are nothing but a collection of complete imbeciles who think losing is cute, supporting a team that has been losing for a marginally longer time period.

"Special Pain" is having the biggest media giant in town with a vested interest in reinforcing this incredibly stupid situation, year after year after ***-****ed losing year.

TheBigHurt
07-31-2002, 05:03 PM
its gotta be- They lose tonight and just keep playing like they have all year, badly.

Mathew
07-31-2002, 05:41 PM
What would be painfull about the first one is that The ninth inning of the last game would feature Rowand, Clayton and Paul striking out in order to leave us one game back!

voodoochile
07-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Can't say that anyone would be "painful", but the worst would be the middle one, IMO. Don't expect to win every game between now and the end of the year, so losing tonight would be no big deal. Falling short by a game would suck, but in the end it would be nice to get back into it. It would be so much fun catching the Twins that not getting over the hump would pale in comparison to the good times between now and then. However, if the Sox tease me for the next few weeks only to go back to their corpse ball ways for the last month, I would not enjoy that at all. Make up your mind, White Sox, in or out?