PDA

View Full Version : Behind dugouts vs behind home plate--which is better?

SephClone89
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm looking at some dirt cheap tickets on StubHub for some April games, and some of the premium box seats are a steal right now. Assuming that I'm in the upper 20s-30s in terms of row number, what's better--behind home plate, or behind the dugout? I've never sat behind the plate at the Cell so I'm not sure how much of a distraction the netting is.

Cool April day games are a great opportunity to get awesome seats for cheap...

amsteel
03-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Unless I'm in the first couple rows behind the dugout I prefer behind the plate. Better perception of the whole field.

SephClone89
03-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Behind the plate it is. Section 131, row 26. $22 after fees. Those'll be the best seats I've ever had.

cbone
03-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Sit in the Upper Deck behind the plate. Best view of the field, for the best price. I had seats there for years. Unless you're a walk the concourse type of person, absolutely the way to go.

Boondock Saint
03-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Sit in the Upper Deck behind the plate. Best view of the field, for the best price. I had seats there for years. Unless you're a walk the concourse type of person, absolutely the way to go.

Amen. I love sitting back there. You avoid the majority of the rabble, and the view is second to none.

SephClone89
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM

Amen. I love sitting back there. You avoid the majority of the rabble, and the view is second to none.

I love those too, and my friends and I sit there a great deal. The only problem is not being able to go downstairs, of course.

But I figured with these April weekday games giving me the chance to sit in the lowers for about 70% off face value, may as well take advantage.

Also just picked up Tuesday the 23rd against Cleveland...19th row behind the Sox dugout (first section closest to the plate, too) for $18 apiece. StubHub!

TomBradley72
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
I like behind the plate- just to the 1st base or 3rd base side- enough to minimize the screen- and in the higher rows where you have the overhang from the Club Level in case of rain, etc.- especially in April.

Huisj
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Nothing beats behind the plate for watching how a pitcher works with location and movement. It makes the game that much more interesting to see in person.

Good behind the plate seats are what make class-A games here in Lansing fun to see all summer.

SoxSpeed22
03-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Just as long as you're not that guy who waves, while on a cell phone. I always liked the dugout better, but just me.

amsteel
03-28-2013, 11:02 AM

Truth. I love the 1st row of Premium Upper Box behind the plate.

I was a 'lower level only' snob for many years, but the combination of those seats and the improvements they've made to the upper concourse make it a great experience.

ChiSoxGal85
03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Behind the plate it is. Section 131, row 26. $22 after fees. Those'll be the best seats I've ever had.
I had very similar seats one game last season, and they were great. The net didn't bother me at all.

Tragg
03-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Home plate.

LITTLE NELL
03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm an upper deck behind home plate guy, nothing better than old Comiskey behind home plate right below the press box.