PDA

View Full Version : One week to go. Got mlb.tv/Extra Innings?

SephClone89
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Since it looks like I'm going to be re-hired for my teaching job next year (:bandance:), I finally pounced for mlb.tv this year. I'm going to be in a musical this summer that rehearses some weekday evenings, so I figured I'll be missing a good deal of Sox games and it'll be nice to put on West coast games and catch any day games at any time. I'll be able to use it on iPhone (just upgraded my two-year old 3GS for a 4S), PS3 and laptop.

I'm ready.

Everyone else ready?

DSpivack
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
I've been a subscriber in some form every year since 2003 (I remember watching Mendy Lopez hit a walkoff HR against the Sox on Opening Day that year on my laptop as a sophomore in college). Last year I wasn't a subscriber until they had some deal around the All-Star Game, I'll probably do the same this season.

DoItForDanPasqua
03-25-2013, 09:03 PM
It's worth the $109 just to listen to Vin Scully. I consider all other games, therefore, to be free.

Marqhead
03-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Might get it on account of my roommate being a twins fan, but I'm usually good with MLB tonight highlights and live cut ins.

amsteel
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Mod edit; you will not discuss stealing service on here.

BigHurt3515
03-25-2013, 11:27 PM
I have mlbtv but for whatever reason Royals games are blacked out in Cape Girardeau, MO so I will be trying to get around those damn restrictions to watch the game

SephClone89
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
It's worth the $109 just to listen to Vin Scully. I consider all other games, therefore, to be free.

You go for the regular version? I figure the $20 extra is immaterial, because Premium includes a free At Bat app, which costs $20 anyway.

SoxNation05
03-26-2013, 11:29 AM
If I were to have a relative in another state pay for it and then use it in Chicago I wouldn't be blacked out right?

Also, does anyone know if two devices could be watching the game at the same time?

eriqjaffe
03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
If I were to have a relative in another state pay for it and then use it in Chicago I wouldn't be blacked out right?IIRC, it bases the blackout on your physical location, not where the purchase was made.

Huisj
03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
I got it in 2005 and parts of 2006 and 2007, but I find it just becomes such a time suck for me that I never get out and do anything else during the summer. If games are on regular TV, I'll watch them when I can but I don't feel bad missing them to do something else. But when I'm paying a lot of extra money just for baseball, I get this dumb feeling that I better eek out all of the baseball I can out of it to get my money's worth, and I never get out of the house to do anything else.

03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
If I were to have a relative in another state pay for it and then use it in Chicago I wouldn't be blacked out right?

Also, does anyone know if two devices could be watching the game at the same time?

Yes two devices can watch at the same time. However, it bases the blackout on your physical location by either GPS signal on the device or the IP address it picks up from your network.