PDA

View Full Version : MLB shuts down Mets' site

Paulwny
07-31-2002, 06:47 AM
"Metsonline.net, which carried a small disclaimer saying it was not affiliated with the Mets or Major League Baseball, had stories, archives, analysis, fan forums, links to related sites and, for a brief time, Hoch said, offered some merchandise, sales of which totaled $16. Hoch said he hadn't made any profits from the site and if there were any this year, they would be donated to Sept. 11 relief funds"

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spweb312804616jul31.story?coll=ny%2Dbaseball%2Dhea dlines

34 Inch Stick
07-31-2002, 08:29 AM
We should offer any help that we can. If they shut down one board they probably will be coming after others. WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

No-Neck
07-31-2002, 12:08 PM
I learned about this site from a White Sox game radio broadcast a couple of years ago.

One of our Founding Fathers was being interviewed on an AM1000 broadcast about 2 years ago and gave out the site's address several times during the interview. So I would think the site is well known throughout the Franchise, they probably even troll here regularly. The one remaining question is:

:reinsy

When do I, your beloved Chairman, get my cut of the Megaprofits being generated by whitesoxinteractive.com? :whiner:

Foulke You
07-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Ok, WSI staffers, another one bites the dust. NOW should we be worried about the future of WSI? You guys don't use the official logo but you do feature Sox players in uniform. Perhaps we should take up a collection for a good lawyer? I know PHG is the Wendy's French Fry Boy and can't afford a lawyer. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Ok, WSI staffers, another one bites the dust. NOW should we be worried about the future of WSI? You guys don't use the official logo but you do feature Sox players in uniform. Perhaps we should take up a collection for a good lawyer? I know PHG is the Wendy's French Fry Boy and can't afford a lawyer. :D:

My advice? Don't worry about it.

However, I wouldn't mind finding a competent lawyer, pro bono.

:)

Soxheads
07-31-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I don't think anyone that's a Sox fan can be called competent. :smile:

Daver
07-31-2002, 03:26 PM

I get free legal PHG..........

Iwritecode
07-31-2002, 03:37 PM

pro bono? I believe it's Sonnybonoskipro that you're looking for PHG. Wonder what ever happened to him anyways? At least he came in second on his TV show...

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

pro bono? I believe it's Sonnybonoskipro that you're looking for PHG. Wonder what ever happened to him anyways? At least he came in second on his TV show...

we need something to remember some of the old great poster.

ate, sonny, dago beef, anyone else?

can you imagine how some of these posters would deal with sonny here. they would be running for the hills.

34rancher
07-31-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

You beat me to the point. Where has Sonny been? He was definitely one of the more interesting characters to visit these boards.

palehosemike
07-31-2002, 06:38 PM
Next thing you know MLB will conduct house to house searches to see if you have ILLEGAL MLB trademarks in your home.

Doesn't this really turn anyone else's stomach? I wonder when they are going to get it into their thick heads that the MLB controlled sites are terrible fan oriented sites run by fans offer much better content - DAMN SUITS - :angry:

Bisco Stu
07-31-2002, 07:13 PM
As a lifelong Mets fan and a fan of that site, it's horrible! For those who don't know, it was on Mets Online where those infamous remarks by Bobby V. were posted, and almost cost him his job in 2000. Good thing cooler heads prevailed as Bobby V is the second greatest manager in the Miracles' history.