PDA

View Full Version : royce clayton shows off the grammar skills


DonkeyKongerko
07-30-2002, 11:40 PM
royce clayton does his best rendition of country grammer on MLB.com.


"If the deadline passes and I'm still here, man, it's going to be a rough two months," Clayton said. "I want to play. I love playing baseball and I feel like I've been unjustly put in a situation where I haven't done anything not to merit to play every day and I'm sure Jose Valentin feels the same way."


not to mention this quote is ironic bordering on the hysterical. just thought i'd share a few laughs. :smile:

RedPinStripes
07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
royce clayton does his best rendition of country grammer on MLB.com.



not to mention this quote is ironic bordering on the hysterical. just thought i'd share a few laughs. :smile:

What an idiot. He don't get many cheers at his own park. Why would he think he's so great? O that's right? It's not called "hit ball, or run ball, or throw ball. In royce's mind, it's catch easy groundball." and nothing else matters.

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2002, 12:35 AM
With some of the grammar and spelling that appears on this board, I'd be hesitant to criticize what someone says in an interview. What's worse, mistakes made in the flow of conversation, or ones made after looking at what you've typed and saying "yeah, that's the ticket" and punching the "submit reply" button?

"Professor Nellie" has permanently retired from this board, but I could point out errors on a daily basis.

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
royce clayton does his best rendition of country grammer on MLB.com.



not to mention this quote is ironic bordering on the hysterical. just thought i'd share a few laughs. :smile:

wasn't that something similar to what happen when he took over at stl and ozzie smith?

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Why would he think he's so great?
Because Hawk compared him to Cal Ripken in the postgame interview Sunday afternoon.

Heather the Redbird

JoseCanseco6969
07-31-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

Because Hawk compared him to Cal Ripken in the postgame interview Sunday afternoon.

Heather the Redbird

seriously, hawk is slowly losing it..today i heard him talking about the guy oliva fromt the twins as the best hitter ever that's not in the hall...isnt he forgeting about the great Pete Rose? anyone else catch this???

nut_stock
07-31-2002, 12:56 AM
I'd like to see the Sox hire that Josh Lewyin guy. I think he's with Texas now, and used to be with Detroit.

NellieFox2
07-31-2002, 01:03 AM
I've also noticed in most quotes I've read, Clayton (like Thomas) uses "I" alot. He rarely uses "we" or "my team." The guy's only concerned with himself and not the Sox. What a jackass. :angry:

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

Because Hawk compared him to Cal Ripken in the postgame interview Sunday afternoon.

Heather the Redbird His comparison of Royce to Ripken was strictly limited to his positioning himself for the hitters. Nothing more. I was shocked when Hawk started the comparison, but when it was clear he was only talking about positioning, I relaxed.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969


seriously, hawk is slowly losing it..today i heard him talking about the guy oliva fromt the twins as the best hitter ever that's not in the hall...isnt he forgeting about the great Pete Rose? anyone else catch this???
DJ's making him lose it...he wasn't this way when Whimpy was next to him! DJ's only good for non-biased Fox broadcasts.

Heather the Redbird

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 01:07 AM
my take on the text of the article and not the grammaris, he is lucky to be on any team. the sox have tried many times to trade him, with no takers.

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by NellieFox2
[/B]Oh, your choice of screen name is going to just work out great.

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969
seriously, hawk is slowly losing it..today i heard him talking about the guy oliva fromt the twins as the best hitter ever that's not in the hall...isnt he forgeting about the great Pete Rose? anyone else catch this??? Maybe he was talking about the best eligible player not in the hall?

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Oh, your choice of screen name is going to just work out great.

nellie, i swear to God that is not me

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
nellie, i swear to God that is not me lol.....I never thought it was LDF.

doublem23
07-31-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox



Originally posted by NellieFox2


I'm seeing double...


Four Nellie Fox's.....................









I'll be here all week folks. :gulp:

hsc1
07-31-2002, 01:48 AM
boy clayton is just showing off all his stuff this week huh.... did anyone happen to catch his interview in the clubhouse after sundays game??? when he was asked about being traded or if he stayed and was benched or played.... he said " if im still here i will play and the fans will have to deal with it".....once again reminding us which end he does his thinking with.......and he wonders why we love him so much.......

oldcomiskey
07-31-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969


seriously, hawk is slowly losing it..today i heard him talking about the guy oliva fromt the twins as the best hitter ever that's not in the hall...isnt he forgeting about the great Pete Rose? anyone else catch this???

you must be obviously too young to remember what a great hitter Tony Oliva was-------and remeber hawk aint seen too much national league ball---maybe its possible hes never SEEN Pete Rose play

baggio202
07-31-2002, 06:36 AM
please god..cant we just clayton loose...no way in hell do i want him around the new guys with his horsesh*t attitude...

duke of dorwood
07-31-2002, 08:02 AM
His braids are obviously wound too tight, and Tony Oliva was a great hitter-on very bad legs.

34 Inch Stick
07-31-2002, 08:25 AM
Who cares about the grammer, the content of the statement provides enough to criticize. Amazing that two guys whose combined average may not be .400 could demand playing time. All for the low low price of 9.5 million. Hey Royce, I still have tickets to a few more games this year- maybe it is you who will have to deal with it.

Tragg
07-31-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I'd like to see the Sox hire that Josh Lewyin guy. I think he's with Texas now, and used to be with Detroit.

I get a lot of Rangers games. Lewyn is very good.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2002, 10:11 AM
"If the deadline passes and I'm still here, man, it's going to be a rough two months," Clayton said. "I want to play. I love playing baseball and I feel like I've been unjustly put in a situation where I haven't done anything not to merit to play every day and I'm sure Jose Valentin feels the same way."

Honestly, I can't blame the guy. Everytime he has gotten benched, he whines about it to the press, claiming he never did anything to deserve it.

Nevermind he is clearly delusional in his comments. He was batting .150 in June, 2001 when Manuel benched him. Royce simply claimed he "was right now" and after getting back in the lineup, kept hitting enough never to sit again. Exactly one year later, Royce whined about the pointless expectation that he needed to hit .300 at a time he couldn't break .230.

Why blame Clayton? It works. Everytime he has whined, no matter how delusionally, he gets to play again.

This is Manuel's fault. He is no kind of a manager--and deep down, all his players know it.

On a related note, DJ made a comment about playing the kids, Crede now being the thirdbasemen and Valentin making the move to shortstop. Hawk wasted no time chirping that we may well see a platoon of Jose with Royce.

Hawk knows. You can put it on the board.

hold2dibber
07-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


Honestly, I can't blame the guy. Everytime he has gotten benched, he whines about it to the press, claiming he never did anything to deserve it.

Nevermind he is clearly delusional in his comments. He was batting .150 in June, 2001 when Manuel benched him. Royce simply claimed he "was right now" and after getting back in the lineup, kept hitting enough never to sit again. Exactly one year later, Royce whined about the pointless expectation that he needed to hit .300 at a time he couldn't break .230.

Why blame Clayton? It works. Everytime he has whined, no matter how delusionally, he gets to play again.

This is Manuel's fault. He is no kind of a manager--and deep down, all his players know it.

On a related note, DJ made a comment about playing the kids, Crede now being the thirdbasemen and Valentin making the move to shortstop. Hawk wasted no time chirping that we may well see a platoon of Jose with Royce.

Hawk knows. You can put it on the board.

Bingo - Valentin will probably start against RHPs and Clayton against LHPs for the rest of the season, unless they just waive Clayton (as I hope they do).

Which reminds me, it seems to me that with the trade of Lofton and call-up of Crede, that we're short an outfielder and overflowing in the infield. The only outfielder on the bench is Liefer (unless you count Graffinino).

delben91
07-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Which reminds me, it seems to me that with the trade of Lofton and call-up of Crede, that we're short an outfielder and overflowing in the infield. The only outfielder on the bench is Liefer (unless you count Graffinino).

Well, you could always put Harris or Valentin in center for a few games if need be. And of course.....

:versatile
"I can play anywhere!"

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-31-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
royce clayton does his best rendition of country grammer on MLB.com.



not to mention this quote is ironic bordering on the hysterical. just thought i'd share a few laughs. :smile:

LOL!! Now we know that he can't play baseball OR use correct grammar.

Dadawg_77
07-31-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber


Bingo - Valentin will probably start against RHPs and Clayton against LHPs for the rest of the season, unless they just waive Clayton (as I hope they do).

Which reminds me, it seems to me that with the trade of Lofton and call-up of Crede, that we're short an outfielder and overflowing in the infield. The only outfielder on the bench is Liefer (unless you count Graffinino).

If it comes to it, they might use Harris in the OF but only in a case of injury.

NellieFox2
08-01-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Oh, your choice of screen name is going to just work out great.

I picked this screen name when I signed on here in April based on Nellie's jersey number. I'll admit these 2 names might cause confusion on here. I'll change my screen name for that reason alone - but don't even THINK I'm bowing down to you as being the #1 Nellie Fox fan on this board, though. Nellie was DA SHYT!!!
Anyway, sorry to get off topic of this thread, which is about Clayton. Royce The Choice most definitely is NOT da shyt. :gulp:

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by NellieFox2
but don't even THINK I'm bowing down to you as being the #1 Nellie Fox fan on this board, though.Oh, yeah? When you were a kid, did you go to the corner store before sandlot games and buy penny Tootsie Rolls so you could jam them in your cheek, thus giving you a bulging cheek and the ablility to spit brown juice while stepping up to the plate, scraping out the imaginary back line of the batter's box to put your foot "in the bucket" and choking up on your "bottle bat?" :D:

I did, whenever I had the money for the Tootsie Rolls. The rest I did regardless.

Paulwny
08-02-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Oh, yeah? When you were a kid, did you go to the corner store before sandlot games and buy penny Tootsie Rolls so you could jam them in your cheek,

1 strap of black licorice, it lasted longer.

whitesoxwilkes
08-02-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I'd like to see the Sox hire that Josh Lewyin guy. I think he's with Texas now, and used to be with Detroit.

Josh is great..he was the broadcaster for the Rochester Red Wings (O's AAA team) when I was growing up there. he does a lot of the national games on FOX too.

rmusacch
08-02-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by NellieFox2


I picked this screen name when I signed on here in April based on Nellie's jersey number. I'll admit these 2 names might cause confusion on here. I'll change my screen name for that reason alone - but don't even THINK I'm bowing down to you as being the #1 Nellie Fox fan on this board, though. Nellie was DA SHYT!!!
Anyway, sorry to get off topic of this thread, which is about Clayton. Royce The Choice most definitely is NOT da shyt. :gulp:

How can you be the number one Nellie Fox fan? From your profile, you are in your early 30's. You were not even born when he retired.

Iwritecode
08-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
"Professor Nellie" has permanently retired from this board, but I could point out errors on a daily basis.

Eye half know idea what ewe our talking about. My computer checks every thing four me to make sure that eye look smart when eye type. Eye even checked this post and it came up with know errors at all…

:)

Soxheads
08-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


Eye half know idea what ewe our talking about. My computer checks every thing four me to make sure that eye look smart when eye type. Eye even checked this post and it came up with know errors at all…

:)

WHAT D HECK R U TLKING BOUT?

:smile: