PDA

View Full Version : *Official* WSI Preseason Gathering

ChiSoxGirl
03-08-2013, 10:49 PM
It seems like I was just organizing the Christmas party, but spring training is in full swing and it's time to start thinking about the preseason gathering!

Since Opening Day is a little more than three weeks away (!) and my social calendar is filling up rather quickly for this month, the available dates are limited. So, I've decided to go with Friday, March 29 as the date for this year's preseason soiree. Please join us at:

Place: Rocky's, 234 W. 31st St., Chicago (FYI: There are some Lenten-friendly items on their menu for those of us who have those restrictions)
Date: Friday, March 29
Time: 7:00p.m.

Rocky's is solid (no pun intended) -- good food, nice ambiance, and near the 31st St. Dan Ryan exit & Sox-35th Red Line stop. Join us to analyze the ins and outs of White Sox baseball and toast not only the 2013 season, but Robin's second year as manager of our fine baseball team and Chris Sale's awesome contract extension.

I hope to see the usual suspects and any newcomers on March 29 at Rocky's!

DumpJerry
03-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Join us to analyze the ins and outs of White Sox baseball and toast not only the 2013 season, but Robin's second year as manager of our fine baseball team and Chris Sale's awesome contract extension.
Maybe Sale will pick up the tab now that he's rich.

Thanks for starting/organizing this. Should be a fun start to a fun season!

JB98
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm in! See everybody there.

spawn
03-12-2013, 01:08 PM
It may not be cold enough for my a White Sox toque. i will however will wear my replica World Series ring. :D:

JB98
03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
It may not be cold enough for my a White Sox toque. i will however will wear my replica World Series ring. :D:

I wouldn't count out the White Sox toque just yet. Hell, I might be wearing my toque to Opening Day with this weather.

robertks61
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Great venue, hope we can make it!

tebman
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
There was an odd bunch from a website
Who gather at Rocky's 'til midnight.
At tables they sit
Exchanging a bit
Of what passes for wisdom and insight.

:tiphat: Once again, a doff of the ol' chapeau to ChiSoxGirl for doing what she does so well. I plan to attend, maybe with son-of-tebman in tow (or I in tow with him :drunken:), and great thoughts will be discussed (at least for a few minutes until the real conversation begins).

Play ball, I say!

ChiSoxGirl
03-13-2013, 08:03 PM
There was an odd bunch from a website
Who gather at Rocky's 'til midnight.
At tables they sit
Exchanging a bit
Of what passes for wisdom and insight.

:tiphat: Once again, a doff of the ol' chapeau to ChiSoxGirl for doing what she does so well. I plan to attend, maybe with son-of-tebman in tow (or I in tow with him :drunken:), and great thoughts will be discussed (at least for a few minutes until the real conversation begins).

Play ball, I say!

That poem is great! You're seriously awesome.

If tebman will be there, it's officially a party. :party: I look forward to seeing you and hopefully son-of-tebman at Rocky's in a couple weeks.

tebman
03-14-2013, 08:37 AM
If tebman will be there, it's officially a party. :party: I look forward to seeing you and hopefully son-of-tebman at Rocky's in a couple weeks.

I should add that I'll try very hard not to knock over liquids this time.

http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1706.gif

spawn
03-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't count out the White Sox toque just yet. Hell, I might be wearing my toque to Opening Day with this weather.

Good point. If necessary, the White Sox toque will be in use! :D:

FielderJones
03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
On the calendar, planning to be there!

ChiSoxGirl
03-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I should add that I'll try very hard not to knock over liquids this time.

http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1706.gif

And hopefully our server won't spill anything, either. We don't need another ranch dressing incident! http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1706.gif

October26
03-22-2013, 08:18 AM
The WSI Preseason Gathering is now just one week away and I am so bummed that I will miss another WSI event. :whiner:

Thanks, ChiSoxGirl, for organizing this party; I am sorry that I cannot attend. Those of you who know me know that I cherish any time I get to spend with my WSI White Sox brothers and sisters. You are like family to me. Unfortunately, this event falls on a sacred day, one that I always spend with my biological family.

I know you will have a blast at Rocky's and remember to have a few :gulp: for me. CHEERS! I hope to see you at a Sox game during the 2013 season. LET'S GO WHITE SOX! :clap::clap::clap::clap: GO SOX!

DumpJerry
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Can we get Bo Jackson to buy the first round to go with his first pitch on OD?

DSpivack
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM

I don't know, is he worthy enough? Get McDowell to do a shot of Jack.

vinny
03-26-2013, 09:43 PM

I can't make it, but maybe if you wear your red hat and brown jacket he might remember you and buy a round for old times' sake.

DSpivack
03-26-2013, 11:25 PM
I can't make it, but maybe if you wear your red hat and brown jacket he might remember you and buy a round for old times' sake.

Wait, come to think of it, Dump was wearing a jacket?!

DumpJerry
03-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Wait, come to think of it, Dump was wearing a jacket?!
It is a Kevlar jacket. Comiskey is located in a dangerous neighborhood!

ChiSoxGirl
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I apologize in advance if this event is a complete bust. :(:

DSpivack
03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
I apologize in advance if this event is a complete bust. :(:

Why would it be that? :scratch:

Oh, I didn't say anything, but I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow nite!

ChiSoxGirl
03-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Why would it be that? :scratch:

Oh, I didn't say anything, but I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow nite!

Because I feel like attendance will be very low.

DSpivack
03-28-2013, 09:52 PM

Quality>quantity. :tongue:

tebman
03-29-2013, 07:39 AM

:thumbsup:

spawn
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM

Exactly!!!

SoxandtheCityTee
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, that was fun, except for the part when the Hawks lost. :whiner:

See y'all Monday!

spawn
03-29-2013, 10:47 PM
It was a complete bust!!!!! :redneck

SoxChic5
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
You all are a great group! Glad we were able to make it tonight :). Go White Sox!!!

ChiSoxGirl
03-29-2013, 11:44 PM

Geeze, I have one bad night where my lousy mood carried over into my posting and now no one is ever going to let me forget it. :tongue:

Thanks to everyone for coming out; it was just as good of a turnout as the Christmas party, if not better. Maybe I ought to consider a mid-season and postseason gathering, too, just because we all seem to have a good time whenever we get together; twice or three times a year just doesn't seem like enough. Hopefully our toast to the 2013 season and Robin will help everything fall into place for the Sox and we'll be treated to another fun summer of baseball.

robertks61
03-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Had a great time. I agree, mid & post season gatherings sound good!

DumpJerry
03-30-2013, 10:20 AM

Hwy, the attendance was within the Standard Deviation for a typical White Sox game when the temps are in the 90's, the sky is blue, the team is in first place, it is a weekend, they're playing the Twins, and the beer is half price.

You know, 40 or 50 people in the ballpark, per the Tribune.

spawn
03-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Well, that was fun, except for the part when the Hawks lost. :whiner:

See y'all Monday!
Yeah, but this was offset IMO with watching Michigan come back to beat the Jayhawks, and the Whtie Sox beating Milwaukee. Print those playoff tickets now!!! :redneck

ChiSoxGirl, thanks again for arranging this outing. Again, it was a smashing success. We had both quantity AND quality! Anytime you have an outing with DSpivack, JB98, FielderJones, SoxChic5, robertks61, SoxandtheCityTee, tebman, DumpJerry, and Robin (Mrs. Dump...sorry, but I keep forgetting her screen name here!), it is a rousing success. And yes, we definitely need a mid-season and post-season gathering. Any time we can get this group together, it's a guaranteed good time. To the others that weren't able to attend, the next outing, try and make it. It's good people combined with a good atmosphere. :gulp:

JB98
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. A good time was had by all. :gulp:

tebman
03-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. A good time was had by all. :gulp:

I have to agree, and I also agree that the success of this outing and the dawn of a new season next week warrants a few more pedestrian limericks:

In a neighborhood known to be gritty,
Discussion went on without pity.
The question we raise
That's haunting our days:
Can the Sox ever beat Kansas City?

The gathering lasted for hours,
Using all of its rational powers.
Reviewing his spring,
Dissecting his swing,
And deciding to keep Tyler Flowers.

Ventura will know what he has
When the season begins, and whereas
The only one who
Enjoys this like you
Is that source of all wisdom: it's Yaz!

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
I have to agree, and I also agree that the success of this outing and the dawn of a new season next week warrants a few more pedestrian limericks:

The question we raise

Reviewing his spring,
Dissecting his swing,

The only one who
Enjoys this like you
Is that source of all wisdom: it's Yaz!

:worship: That is all. See you Monday, my friend!

shingo10
03-31-2013, 12:35 AM
If there are enough Sox fans stuck in AZ I think it would be cool to do something like this...

If not then hopefully I can catch the next time you guys do this in Chi town.

spawn
03-31-2013, 07:43 AM

The question we raise

Reviewing his spring,
Dissecting his swing,