PDA

View Full Version : Floyd sent to Boston

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2002, 10:18 PM
ESPN.com has a story on the front page saying the Expos sent Cliff Floyd to the Red Sox for three prospects. No link as of yet.

FanOf14
07-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Here is one link about this story. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/ap/20020730/ap-redsox-expostrade.html)

duke of dorwood
07-30-2002, 10:33 PM
:hurt

I'm staying, guys

BuehrleACE56
07-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

I'm staying, guys

oh man! can't we catch any breaks around here? dang.

nut_stock
07-31-2002, 12:52 AM
I'm hoping that Boston's addition of Floyd and whomever else they might get propells them past the damn Yankees.

doublem23
07-31-2002, 01:18 AM

I'm staying, guys

Thank God.

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2002, 01:33 AM

I'm staying, guys Good. Frank is starting to look like Frank again. Tonight he was drawing walks, and got a sharply hit single.

When I've talked about showing some loyalty to Frank for all he's done, I wasn't saying that you should allow a player to just continue to wallow around in your lineup forever. There comes a time when everybody has to go. Fisk was an example of someone who would not accept that his time was over.

However, I think you give a superstar coming off a serious injury more than a half season to get it back in gear.

ma-gaga
07-31-2002, 04:35 AM
foul! foul!

Anyone else see a small little conflict of interest here? Isn't the
Boston-Florida-Montreal ownership groups just a little TOO tight? Aren't they making an unusual number of trades?!?

This smells funny.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
foul! foul!

Anyone else see a small little conflict of interest here? Isn't the
Boston-Florida-Montreal ownership groups just a little TOO tight? Aren't they making an unusual number of trades?!?

This smells funny.

Maybe.

Gammons said last night that the A's were trying to get him, but Floyd didn't want to go there.

Dadawg_77
07-31-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
When I've talked about showing some loyalty to Frank for all he's done, I wasn't saying that you should allow a player to just continue to wallow around in your lineup forever. There comes a time when everybody has to go. Fisk was an example of someone who would not accept that his time was over.

Just the Sox handle that it wrong in every way possible. But it is nice to see the Red Sox pick up a bat to help out in trying to catch the Yankees.

danman31
07-31-2002, 12:39 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:
The Expos dream hits a snag! I was hoping they could do it and hang on to Floyd. They still are only 6 games back in the wild card.