HawkDJ
07-30-2002, 09:51 PM
3 2/3 innings
6 runs
5 earned runs
6 hits
2 walks
5 strikeouts

against the Yankees. So maybe he isn't as good as Clayton but at least he isn't tearing it up for the Rangers.

34 Inch Stick
07-31-2002, 08:42 AM
No matter how badly Myette pitches we still got taken on the deal.

Clayton has been an absolute virus to this team. Even if he is not the root of all troubles for the last two years, he is such a dick that I don't mind making him a scapegoat.

hold2dibber
07-31-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
No matter how badly Myette pitches we still got taken on the deal.

Clayton has been an absolute virus to this team. Even if he is not the root of all troubles for the last two years, he is such a dick that I don't mind making him a scapegoat.

PLUS, the Sox spent about $9 million for Clayton that they could have made much better use of elsewhere, PLUS the Sox probably could have traded Myette for someone useful instead of Clayton (see the Guerrier/Marte trade as an example). Although I doubt that Myette will ever be a good major league pitcher, it was still a lousy trade.

LongDistanceFan
07-31-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

PLUS, the Sox spent about $9 million for Clayton that they could have made much better use of elsewhere,

bingo.

what gets me is the audacity of kw. he was told of clayton, but thought he was the man who still trade him for something.