PDA

View Full Version : Who will be this year's Mike Trout?

jamokes
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Last year in our fantasy baseball league, Mike Trout went undrafted. So this year, who do you think if anybody will produce like Trout did last year. Surely some rookies will put up good numbers and they may not match what Trout did last year but this player or two will really help your fantasy team. My pick would be Wil Myers for the Rays. The Rays gave up a lot to pick this kid up so they must have an eye for him.

chicagowhitesox1
03-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Mike Trouts come along every 50-60 years. What about that Billy Hamilton from the Reds? I really don't know much about him but I bet he could inflict some damage.

DSpivack
03-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Mike Trouts come along every 50-60 years. What about that Billy Hamilton from the Reds? I really don't know much about him but I bet he could inflict some damage.
He's learning a new position (CF) and might not see any time in the bigs this season.

HomeFish
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Billy Hamilton will have a much harder time getting on base in the majors. There's no doubt that he can wreck things as soon as he gets on base, at any level.

EMachine10
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Nobody.

chicagowhitesox1
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Billy Hamilton will have a much harder time getting on base in the majors. There's no doubt that he can wreck things as soon as he gets on base, at any level.

I just looked up his minor league stats and he got on base quite a bit, I was thinking he was a Dee Gordon type. I agree, he deff won't be getting on base as much in the majors though.

SoxNation05
03-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Nobody will be like Mike Trout.

My best guess for a young prospect to break out on the offensive end would have to be Wil Myers. The kid hits the ball all over the park with 30+ HR potential and from what I've read has a right fielder's arm. Considering all of this, he is only a 22 year old.

getonbckthr
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
I can't wait for Hamilton. The old saying is you can't steal 1st base. However if he has any bunting ability he may be able to.

doublem23
03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
To put things in some perspective, Trout's WAR last season was a mind boggling 10.7, which is tied for 20th best of all-time. The guys ahead of him on that list are names like Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, etc... And those were years they were having in the prime of their careers. So it's unlikely we'll ever see another guy come out of a nowhere like that and have THAT kind of season probably again in any of our lifetimes.

That said, if you're looking for a deep sleeper, my money would be on Myers, Oscar Taveras in St. Louis if they make a move to open up an OF spot, or Jackie Bradley in Boston if they decide to move Ellsbury.

I guess if you're looking for someone a little more well known that probably won't go undrafted but has a chance to make the leap into stardom this year, I would take a long, hard look at Manny Machado (Orioles), Anthony Rizzo (Cubs), or Salvador Perez (Royals - bonus, he's a catcher).

CoopaLoop
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Probably nobody, but a guy to watch out for is Oscar Taveras of the Cardinals.

Reminds me of a left handed Vlad Guerrero.

QCIASOXFAN
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Former Quad City River Bandit Oscar Taveras.

CoopaLoop
03-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Next year will probably be his year though. Carlos Beltran is in his last year.

russ99
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Nobody will be like Mike Trout.

My best guess for a young prospect to break out on the offensive end would have to be Wil Myers. The kid hits the ball all over the park with 30+ HR potential and from what I've read has a right fielder's arm. Considering all of this, he is only a 22 year old.

That would be my guess too.