PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to lose a game first? 2013 White Sox or Blackhawks

sunofgold
02-28-2013, 11:03 AM
I say the Blackhawks.

This has to the White Sox best start to a spring training in awhile. I know that it is spring training but why not play to win and expect to win from spring training on.

And the good start makes me more interested in the spring training games. Lol.

Jerko
02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I'd say the Sox, since losing in extras actually counts as a loss.

DumpJerry
02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Blackhawks. Sox don't play for another month. Also, the Hawks have lost some games already, just not in regulation.

aryzner
02-28-2013, 12:10 PM
While I know that the ST games don't matter in the slightest, I admit there has always been a small part of me that's been disheartened when the Sox end up with a poor record in ST before the season starts. I don't know why, it's just what it does to me despite being meaningless. Plus, there's nothing wrong with building up confidence by winning games before the season starts.

jcw218
02-28-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm gonna say that the white Sox are the first team to see a regulation loss. I understand that the Blackhawks have actually lost 3 games due to the shoot-out.

DSpivack
02-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Blackhawks. Sox don't play for another month. Also, the Hawks have lost some games already, just not in regulation.

I'm gonna say that the white Sox are the first team to see a regulation loss. I understand that the Blackhawks have actually lost 3 games due to the shoot-out.
The White Sox have tied a couple spring training games. I view a shootout loss as nearly the same thing.

Jerko
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
The White Sox have tied a couple spring training games. I view a shootout loss as nearly the same thing.

I say they both lose today. :o:

jcw218
02-28-2013, 08:48 PM
The White Sox lost today to the Brewers. After 2 periods, The Hawks lead the Blues by a score of 1-0.

Nellie_Fox
02-28-2013, 11:52 PM
The White Sox lost today to the Brewers. After 2 periods, The Hawks lead the Blues by a score of 1-0.And the Hawks won, 3-0.

TheVulture
03-01-2013, 12:53 PM
While I know that the ST games don't matter in the slightest, I admit there has always been a small part of me that's been disheartened when the Sox end up with a poor record in ST before the season starts. I don't know why, it's just what it does to me despite being meaningless. Plus, there's nothing wrong with building up confidence by winning games before the season starts.

2005 White Sox Cactus league record: 14-18 for 12th of 14th finish.

Of course, in 2007, the Sox' worst season since 1989, they went 9-21, so maybe it does mean something.

sunofgold
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
...but who loses a game first: 2013 White Sox in regular season or the Blackhawks?

I choose Blackhawks bc we ain't losing a game in the regular season. Lol. Only maybe if it goes extra innings.

cub killer
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM
2005 White Sox Cactus league record: 14-18 for 12th of 14th finish.

Of course, in 2007, the Sox' worst season since 1989, they went 9-21, so maybe it does mean something.
You just showed 2 examples that cancel each other out. then you say maybe it does mean something? It doesn't mean anything. It's just ST.

I'd prefer they nix the shootout or overtime altogether in hockey. That way it'll feel more special and epic in the playoffs.

sunofgold
03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Do we have any cross-promotions with the Blackhawks. Let it rub off on us.

Our spring training is going well. I heard Coop on the SCORE and I like everything that I heard. Also made me feel good about Flowers behind the plate. Apparently, Flowers has built up good relationships with the pitchers and they like working with him.

kittle42
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM

Our spring training is going well. I heard Coop on the SCORE and I like everything that I heard. Also made me feel good about Flowers behind the plate. Apparently, Flowers has built up good relationships with the pitchers and they like working with him.

Maybe the Sox still do (I honestly can't even remember last year!), but the Cubs just started with them in 2012.

SephClone89
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM

To be fair, in March everyone has built up good relationships with everyone and they all like working together.

jdm2662
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
To be fair, in March everyone has built up good relationships with everyone and they all like working together.

Right, every story in Spring Training are Fluff Pieces. On that note, I'm in the best shape of my life!