PDA

View Full Version : David Price says he won't ever sign with Yankees because of no-beard rule.

sullythered
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/20/david-price-wouldnt-sign-long-term-deal-with-yankees-because-of-no-beard-policy/

Lamp81
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
I thought there was no way Jason Giambi or Johnny Damon would have signed with the Yankees, as they really embraced their "looks", yet they used some of that massive Yankees money to get razors and scissors.

RKMeibalane
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Breaking News: James Harden Switching to Baseball; Signs Multi-Year Deal With Yankees Pending MLB Approval

amsteel
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Money talks. It also makes you reconsider your unfortunate grooming decisions.

Frater Perdurabo
02-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I like this principled stand. The Yankees draconian facial hair policy is one of the many things I detest about that organization.

TheOldRoman
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
I like this principled stand. The Yankees draconian facial hair policy is one of the many things I detest about that organization.I did a partial eyeroll at "draconian facial hair policy". While it would be wrong for the league to mandate facial hair rules (other than all players must have mustaches), I see nothing wrong with a team doing it.

As for Price, if that's his principles, good for him for sticking to them. However, I'll believe it when I see it. He can be bought. Everybody's got a price.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/t/teddibiase/11.jpg

Oblong
03-14-2013, 05:37 AM
I think the difference now between Price and Damon/Giambi is there are more big spending teams so the Yankee money thing is not a factor. There's a half dozen teams in the AL alone that will spend like NYY now.

johnnyg83
03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
. Everybody's got a price.

Not the Yankees apparently

TDog
03-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Money talks. It also makes you reconsider your unfortunate grooming decisions.

True, but it isn't like it is a choice between great riches and a life of modest means or worse. Price would be looking at a ridiculously high salary vs. even a more ridulously high salary with the Yankees. There are players over the free-agent years who have chosen not to sign with the Yankees although the Yankees have offered more money.

There are players who take offers from the Yankees (at least through their agents) even though they have no intention of signing with the Yankees. It strengthens their bargaining position with teams they would rather sign with. If Price were a current free agent, such a statement might even be seen as a challenge to the Yankees to offer more money. As it was, it was just a curious, unguarded comment about a division rival.

Railsplitter
03-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Contrast that policy with Charlie Finley who, despite his reputation as an *******, actually encouraged his players tp grow mustaches one year, offering a bonus to aanybody who grew on by Father's Day

A. Cavatica
03-18-2013, 05:36 AM
I wonder if the Yankees try to regulate hideous tattoos and piercings.

34 Inch Stick
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I'd shave my ass and pitch with my butt cheeks for the right price.