PDA

View Full Version : White Sox special on MLB Network - 2/19 and 2/20

ChiSoxGal85
02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Says it's a look back at the history of the White Sox. It's today at noon, but also scheduled to run on Wednesday 2/20 at 1 pm, according to my DirecTV schedule.

Nellie_Fox
02-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Says it's a look back at the history of the White Sox. It's today at noon, but also scheduled to run on Wednesday 2/20 at 1 pm, according to my DirecTV schedule.Since I'll be at work during both of those times...:(:

asindc
02-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Since I'll be at work during both of those times...:(:

No Tivo?

Lip Man 1
02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Just watched a few minutes and so far there doesn't appear to be much original material. Most of what I've seen appears to have been taken from the DVD that came out a few years ago, "White Sox Memories, the greatest moments in franchise history."

The guests are the same (Lindberg, Roeper) as is the graphics.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
No Tivo?Nope.

sox1970
02-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Just watched a few minutes and so far there doesn't appear to be much original material. Most of what I've seen appears to have been taken from the DVD that came out a few years ago, "White Sox Memories, the greatest moments in franchise history."

Lip

That DVD is available on mlb.com, and is listed at 130 minutes. So they just cut out 50 minutes and put it on TV. Is that DVD pretty good?

Brian26
02-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Lip

Cool. I never bought that dvd, so I'll set the dvr for tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Lamp81
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
My Directv guide shows an MLB Special, Future of the Game tomorrow at 1pm. I'd really like to see this special, so I do hope the re-run it.

ChiSoxGal85
02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
My Directv guide shows an MLB Special, Future of the Game tomorrow at 1pm. I'd really like to see this special, so I do hope the re-run it.
My guide says that now too, even though earlier the Sox special was listed as running in that slot.

I started to watch it, but for various reasons I couldn't completely pay attention; had to turn it off until another time. I did recognize some of the footage from the World Series DVDs I have.

Lip Man 1
02-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Sox 1970:

That DVD is pretty good although they didn't have a lot of footage that wasn't seen before at least by me (probably because of the scarcity of Sox material in the first place.)

Had some interesting comments and opinions especially on the All-Time team.

I'd say it's worth the money to get it.

Lip

roylestillman
02-20-2013, 05:58 AM
I swear I saw this before or at least parts of it. It really didn't look as though much of it was filmed much later than about 2007. No mention of the 2008 blackout game. That aside, I'd give it ***.

Lip Man 1
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Taped this and watched it last night and my guess was correct. This was the White Sox Memories DVD that came out a few years ago. Some things like the All-Time Team were edited out to get it down to 90 minutes but it was the same thing. They even used the same "chapter" headings.

Lip

BigKlu59
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Huzzah... MLB showing something on the Pale Hose. Beats watching Yankeeography on Yes, or Bosox propaganda on Nesn...:D: Hope I can get this.. I've got the same updated programming on my listing as well.. Dont tell me this is a last minute switcharoo...

BK59

BigKlu59
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Damn, Costas yapping...not on today:mad:

BK59

ChiSoxGal85
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Taped this and watched it last night and my guess was correct. This was the White Sox Memories DVD that came out a few years ago. Some things like the All-Time Team were edited out to get it down to 90 minutes but it was the same thing. They even used the same "chapter" headings.

Lip

My mistake - I watched the first 10 minutes (again) last night, and the footage I thought was from the World Series DVDs is not. And I couldn't stay awake past that. I have not seen this special before, so you would think I could stay awake for it!