PDA

View Full Version : Topps Cards: Worlds Biggest Baseball Card

#1swisher
02-13-2013, 06:30 PM
The company created a giant sized replica of the Prince Fielder card and stretched it across a section of outfield at a youth baseball field, Tuesday.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/topps-stunt-worlds-biggest-baseball-card/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BC7I3inCUAEj5uc.jpg

eriqjaffe
02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
I never knew Fielder could cover so much of the outfield!

:rimshot:

chicagowhitesox1
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Does Topps still come out with one card or do they come out with a hundred different specialty cards like all these other companys do. I don't think i've seen a Topps card since 1991. I did read that Topps excludes Pete Rose from all their cards, they won't even print his name as a the career hits leader.

Bobby Thigpen
02-14-2013, 11:14 AM
I never knew Fielder could cover so much of the outfield!

:rimshot:
Much better than what I figured was an oncoming deluge of fat jokes.

RKMeibalane
02-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Much better than what I figured was an oncoming deluge of fat jokes.

I agree, as I fully expected someone to make a crack about that card being a life-sized replica of the real Prince Fielder. In any event, I think it's cool Topps did something like that.

mahagga73
02-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Does Topps still come out with one card or do they come out with a hundred different specialty cards like all these other companys do. I don't think i've seen a Topps card since 1991. I did read that Topps excludes Pete Rose from all their cards, they won't even print his name as a the career hits leader.
No ,they have several different kinds. Three tiers really, the basic set, the secondary set or hobby packs (Topps Heritage(based on older design which is 64 this year), Archives, etc.), and the premium packs which are like astronomically expensive but contain autos and stuff nearly every time. They are the only ones doing baseball anymore. Fleer and Donruss were bought out. I still enjoy collecting myself, but mostly the older cards.

Railsplitter
02-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Looks more like an infield tarp.

mahagga73
02-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I would like to see PSA grade this card now.