PDA

View Full Version : Ventura turned down extension during offseason

shingo10
02-12-2013, 07:56 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/white-sox-talk/ventura-coaching-today-not-future

Nothing earth shattering but kind of interesting. To me the focus on the little things was so good last year that I hope this coaching staff stays around for a long time. Robin got burned with the use of pitchers but hey it was his first year.

kevingrt
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/white-sox-talk/ventura-coaching-today-not-future

Nothing earth shattering but kind of interesting. To me the focus on the little things was so good last year that I hope this coaching staff stays around for a long time. Robin got burned with the use of pitchers but hey it was his first year.

Total learning experience on the job for him especially handling the pitching staff. I hope that improves this year, but I enjoyed and respected his work last year.

I agree with you I hope this coaching staff sticks together for at least tow more years. Obviously some will get better jobs in the future though.

thomas35forever
02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
I like that he recognizes it's too soon to think he'll be doing this forever. We don't fully know yet what type of manager he is. We'll get a better idea this season.

blandman
02-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Robin wasn't even sure he wanted to manage, so it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't want to commit beyond his current contract.

Mr. Jinx
02-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Good for him, but why in the world would Sox even bother offering an extension right now with 2 more years on his deal? Who exactly is banging down the door to try and steal this guy away?

beasly213
02-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Pretty sure Robin is betting on himself that he will do a better job this year and thus earn himself more money. There is no reason not to take an extension even if you're not sure if you want to manage past 3 years. You can just have your agent negotiate an out clause, or just retire before your contract is up.

Railsplitter
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Also, as Ventura himself has stated, he hasn't won enough games to warrant an extension.