PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Miller Lite Party Porch

mrfourni
02-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Looks like the White Sox have renovated the second level of the Bullpen Sports bar and are now making this section all-inclusive

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/groups/party_porch.jsp?partnerId=5560BV1-IJ136

Seems like a good deal for the prices considering the price is only slightly more than I paid per person for a patio party with outfield seats last year. The extra hour of free food/drink might make this worth the money.

Harry Potter
02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm on the other side of the discussion - I'm disappointed that the Sox are eliminating the option to show up when the gates open, pay $15 for a wristband and sit at a table on the second level of the patio (or so it now seems)

mrfourni
02-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm on the other side of the discussion - I'm disappointed that the Sox are eliminating the option to show up when the gates open, pay $15 for a wristband and sit at a table on the second level of the patio (or so it now seems)

It'll be interesting to see if they sell individual tickets for games without a group outing.

Red Barchetta
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Any other ballpark improvements planned this off season? I'm hoping that since it will be 10 years since the All-Star game, that they finally remove the decals and the nasty pinwheels stuck to the facade.

Wedema
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
The Sox release states all inclusive food and beverage for the entire game, but then says that it ends 90 minutes into the game or the top of the seventh. Last time that I checked, most games last around 3 hours. 90 minutes into the game could mean the fourth or fifth inning only and not the entire game.

DumpJerry
02-05-2013, 11:45 PM
This resembles the patio they opened at The Urinal in RF last year.

ChiSoxFann
02-06-2013, 12:10 AM

I agree, much like when I head to games and see the Fan Deck is rented to a group and off limits for that game. I guess they must make a ton of cash off these "all-inclusive" areas of the park.

Last season I noticed they replaced one of the benches on the 2nd level of the bullpen bar with that half table and 4 stadium chairs that you see in that photo. I'm kind of hoping they replace all those benches with seating like that.

russ99
02-06-2013, 08:45 AM
It'll be interesting to see if they sell individual tickets for games without a group outing.

And how much they would jack up those ticket prices in that case.

Sad... yet another area of the park becomes a "premium" area. At least they lowered the prices in other parts of the park.

DumpJerry
02-06-2013, 11:11 AM
And how much they would jack up those ticket prices in that case.

Sad... yet another area of the park becomes a "premium" area. At least they lowered the prices in other parts of the park.
Yeah, real sad. This means that they can compete for higher end free agents with the extra money. I hate it when that happens.

kittle42
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah, real sad. This means that they can compete for higher end free agents with the extra money. I hate it when that happens.

Gotta agree with you, Dump. This is an easy money maker.

amsteel
02-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I look forward to buying these on Groupon

doublem23
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM

:thumbsup:

kittle42
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Yeah, no kidding.

doublem23
02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Frankly, this might work out better in the long run, since the only way to ensure you'd get one of the tables up top was to show up like 2 hours before 1st pitch because there was ALWAYS SOME ******* who didn't mind show up at 5 o'clock for a 7 PM game and drinking $8 Miller Lites for hours. If you can get passes now and guaranteed entry to the patio area you could realistically pregame in the lots or at Cork & Kerry's and show up to the bar area in a normal amount of time before the game.

mrfourni
02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Frankly, this might work out better in the long run, since the only way to ensure you'd get one of the tables up top was to show up like 2 hours before 1st pitch because there was ALWAYS SOME ******* who didn't mind show up at 5 o'clock for a 7 PM game and drinking $8 Miller Lites for hours. If you can get passes now and guaranteed entry to the patio area you could realistically pregame in the lots or at Cork & Kerry's and show up to the bar area in a normal amount of time before the game.

Unless you're like me and you realize that the clock on the all-inclusive starts as soon as the gates open and you need to get your money's worth.

Mr. Jinx
02-06-2013, 02:01 PM

I'm with ya, I still hate how the fan deck turned into premium seating. I'm wondering how much longer it will be free to sit on the lower level warning track in the bar now.

doublem23
02-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Unless you're like me and you realize that the clock on the all-inclusive starts as soon as the gates open and you need to get your money's worth.

The Bullpen Bar was all inclusive?

GlassSox
02-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Nope

kittle42
02-06-2013, 04:53 PM

He means the new package. You mentioned you could get there shortly before the game, and his point is he would rather get there when the gates open and start eating/drinking for "free."