PDA

View Full Version : Konerko's slump...

doublem23
07-30-2002, 03:14 PM
I was gone for like the first week after the All-Star break, but anyone think Paul's recent slump could be thanks to that stupid Home Run Derby?

Randar68
07-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I was gone for like the first week after the All-Star break, but anyone think Paul's recent slump could be thanks to that stupid Home Run Derby?

Frank always said that it screwed up his swing. As for Paulie, I don't know. I have seen him trying to go to right more frequently post-All-Satr game (including the couple weeks before it) and he hasn't been quite as effective.

Foulke You
07-30-2002, 03:39 PM

It's possible. The Sham-me has struggled since the derby as well. I don't expect this little slump to last too long though. Paulie is too good of a hitter.

Randar68
07-30-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

It's possible. The Sham-me has struggled since the derby as well.

Shamme struggled for almost a month going into the break as well. He went over 1 month only hitting 3 HR's.

hold2dibber
07-30-2002, 03:41 PM
PK always has one good slump per year. I think he's in the midst of it now; but he'll turn it around.

doublem23
07-30-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
PK always has one good slump per year. I think he's in the midst of it now; but he'll turn it around.

He had a real good one April, too.

sox_fan_forever
07-30-2002, 04:53 PM

He had a real good one April, too.

I remember him slumping in April but I didn't think it was much longer than a week, week and a half. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

cheeses_h_rice
07-30-2002, 05:04 PM

:shammy

It certainly has messed me up!!!

(Of course, that could also be because my gaudy numbers are way down ever since Rick Reilly called me out on the steroids thing, and I have quietly stopped juicing up and am no longer so Hulk-like.)

Randar68
07-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

(Of course, that could also be because my gaudy numbers are way down ever since Rick Reilly called me out on the steroids thing, and I have quietly stopped juicing up and am no longer so Hulk-like.)

My sentiments exactly..I think it's more than a coincidence and that hit him a little closer to home...

TheBigHurt
07-30-2002, 05:21 PM
i remember someone on wsi saying the hr derby would mess up pk swing well he/she was right

Chisoxfn
07-30-2002, 05:25 PM
I think many people thought it would hurt his swing. Paulie isn't quite clicking right now but there is no doubt he pulls through it. He sees a lot of pitches and has a good mentality. Things will happen for PK. Plus, as others have mentioned, he tends to have a slump or two a year, as does any other major leaguer on the most part.

Once PK starts going opposite field more then he will be back for good.

doublem23
07-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Once PK starts going opposite field more then he will be back for good.

Until the next Home Run Derby.

Man, I hate that thing.

danman31
07-30-2002, 07:29 PM
Maybe PK just is a hot/cold hitter and his extremely consistent first half was a fluke. He is cold now. He is a good hitter, but I don't see him batting anywhere near .335 in his career.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

"On second thought, maybe it's the double doses of roids I've been taking lately."

FanOf14
07-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Whatever the cause of his slump, I hope he finds it and quick!

CLR01
07-30-2002, 11:19 PM

Could be, ofcourse he has only been hitting .224 since being named to the all-star team.