PDA

View Full Version : Strike Next Week, Now?

Viva Magglio
07-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Per a report on WBBM-AM (780), the players could strike as early as next week. Lovely!

TornLabrum
07-30-2002, 02:23 PM
I'll just bet they're using the LA Times story. (See the Na, Na, Hey, Hey thread).

duke of dorwood
07-30-2002, 02:30 PM
Sounded like next week is when the actual date will be set. I think its gonna be early as to distance themselves from 9/11.

doublem23
07-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Sounded like next week is when the actual date will be set. I think its gonna be early as to distance themselves from 9/11.

Everyone loves it when millionaires have money fights with billionaires.

34 Inch Stick
07-30-2002, 03:22 PM
How do those money fights work. Do they ball up singles very tightly like a snowball and heave them at one another or do they take bricks of gold and do real damage?

Randar68
07-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
How do those money fights work. Do they ball up singles very tightly like a snowball and heave them at one another or do they take bricks of gold and do real damage?

The ego and chest-thumping on both sides is rediculous. All pro sports (sans maybe Football) are in real jeopardy. They have all over-extended themselves and made it unreasonable for the common fan to regularly attend games.

34rancher
07-30-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

The ego and chest-thumping on both sides is rediculous. All pro sports (sans maybe Football) are in real jeopardy. They have all over-extended themselves and made it unreasonable for the common fan to regularly attend games.

Which is why I hope that the stock marlet falls like a rock (that and I am young, so I am hoping to buy my retirement shares on sale). That way, maybe "Big Buisness" will not have the money for the tix and sky boxes, therefore they might have to depend on the average fan for ticket revenue.

doublem23
07-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

Did you ever see that scene in The Simpsons when Smithers and Mr. Burns had a "money fight?" That's what I think they'd be like. :smile:

Randar68
07-30-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher

Which is why I hope that the stock marlet falls like a rock (that and I am young, so I am hoping to buy my retirement shares on sale). That way, maybe "Big Buisness" will not have the money for the tix and sky boxes, therefore they might have to depend on the average fan for ticket revenue.

Which is what makes the Sox' foot dragging before securing a Naming Right's partner so frustrating. They will never get enough $$$ to make the needed improvements at this point...

NorthSideConvert
07-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Is there a bigger waste of shareholder's money than to stroke the CEO's ego by shelling out megabucks to plaster the company name on a stadium. Name 1 profitable airline with its name on an arena. Remember Enron Field?? the MCI Center. All of the internet named stadiums??? What a waste of money

Randar68
07-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by NorthSideConvert
Is there a bigger waste of shareholder's money than to stroke the CEO's ego by shelling out megabucks to plaster the company name on a stadium. Name 1 profitable airline with its name on an arena. Remember Enron Field?? the MCI Center. All of the internet named stadiums??? What a waste of money

Qualcomm Stadium