PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam coming to Wrigley

doublem23
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
That appears to be the case:

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/pearl-jam-and-the-cubs-are-telling-us-to-staytuned/

Mr. Jinx
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
That appears to be the case:

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/pearl-jam-and-the-cubs-are-telling-us-to-staytuned/

Anything that brings them back to Chicago I'm for, even if it is playing at Wrigley!

kobo
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
They sent another tweet that read Looking Good! with a picture of a stage in the middle of Wrigley Field.

I know something I'll be doing this summer! But man I wish it was Alpine and not Wrigley.

doublem23
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Anything that brings them back to Chicago I'm for, even if it is playing at Wrigley!

I can walk to Wrigley Field now so I'm all ****ing for it, though drunken stumbling will be a bit of a challenge. :cool:

kittle42
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I'll be there. The Wrigley concerts are fun.

Irishsox1
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Rumor is super Cubbie fan Richard Marx and supper Cubbie fan Eddie Vedder are going to do a heart warming duet of Richard Marx's Take This Heart (http://youtu.be/meIBrm96XXE).

WhiteSox5187
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I'll be there. The Wrigley concerts are fun.

The Springsteen concert last year was amazing, however the amount of damage those concerts do to the field is equally incredible.

kittle42
01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
The Springsteen concert last year was amazing, however the amount of damage those concerts do to the field is equally incredible.

Couldn't happen to a better team.

DSpivack
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Even though a lot of their games will be vs. the NL Central, the number of Cubs victories will not be in many multiples of ten.

(I tried to be the better man and not make a joke there, but I just couldn't help it.)

mrfourni
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM

I don't understand why they don't schedule their concerts for early October when they know they don't have to worry about field conditions anymore

WhiteSox5187
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Couldn't happen to a better team.

Could you imagine the negative press the White Sox would have gotten if the grass in the outfield was brown after a series of in season concerts?

Mr. Jinx
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't understand why they don't schedule their concerts for early October when they know they don't have to worry about field conditions anymore

I'm guessing because it could be pretty cold by then, especially at night. I still remember going to see PJ at Alpine Valley in early October (October 8, 2000 as I look it up now) and it was below freezing. Only set of their entire tour that they didn't play a 2nd encore.

Additionally, as much as we know it will never happen, they would get killed by their fans for outright admitting before the season that they have no chance of making the playoffs.

DSpivack
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing because it could be pretty cold by then, especially at night. I still remember going to see PJ at Alpine Valley in early October (October 8, 2000 as I look it up now) and it was below freezing. Only set of their entire tour that they didn't play a 2nd encore.

Additionally, as much as we know it will never happen, they would get killed by their fans for outright admitting before the season that they have no chance of making the playoffs.
They've basically already said that, for the next two seasons.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137053

Smokey Burg
01-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Wow. There may actually be a reason to go to wrigley field this year.

RadioheadRocks
01-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Rumor is super Cubbie fan Richard Marx and supper Cubbie fan Eddie Vedder are going to do a heart warming duet of Richard Marx's Take This Heart (http://youtu.be/meIBrm96XXE).

Here's some recent reading about Richard Marx that I'm sure you will all find quite entertaining:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/19/richard_marx_hates_my_guts/

doublem23
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Friday, July 19

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2013/01/23/its-official-pearl-jam-will-play-wrigley-field-this-july/

Tickets go on sale 10 AM, Saturday February 9

CPditka
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Anyone know prices and will the field be general admission?

Also, any chance they add a Saturday show? Trying to get a group from out of town in for this.

Thanks!

kobo
01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Anyone know prices and will the field be general admission?

Also, any chance they add a Saturday show? Trying to get a group from out of town in for this.

Thanks!
No other details have been released but Pearl Jam tries to keep ticket costs low. I'll bet tickets will be between $50 and $60 before fees, maybe a little less. Field should be GA as it has been for other shows that have been at Wrigley. And I'm fairly confident they will add a show on Saturday.

kittle42
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
And I'm fairly confident they will add a show on Saturday.

There's already another concert scheduled for Saturday: Country music star Jason Aldean plans a concert the next day, July 20.

Mr. Jinx
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
No other details have been released but Pearl Jam tries to keep ticket costs low. I'll bet tickets will be between $50 and $60 before fees, maybe a little less. Field should be GA as it has been for other shows that have been at Wrigley. And I'm fairly confident they will add a show on Saturday.

Field has not been GA at any shows at Wrigley that I know of. I've seen the Police, Elton John, McCartney, and Springsteen there and none of those were GA.

JoeYoung
01-26-2013, 10:45 PM

A Billy Corgan and Eddie Vedder duet would be more likely.

salty99
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Field has not been GA at any shows at Wrigley that I know of. I've seen the Police, Elton John, McCartney, and Springsteen there and none of those were GA.

Incorrect, Dave Matthews Band was general admission on the field.

doublem23
01-29-2013, 11:50 AM
:bandance:

Just got the email that I live close enough to be considered a Wrigleyville Neighbor and will be allowed in the presale.

:bandance:

Other revelations: No opening act

Mr. Jinx
01-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Incorrect, Dave Matthews Band was general admission on the field.

If you want to get technical about it I am correct as I said none that I know as I didn't go to that one. But point well taken!

FoulTerritory
01-31-2013, 12:36 AM

Tickets for the pearl jam fan-club pre-sale were 64 for grandstand and 84 for field after taxes and fees.

There will be a small fan-club only GA pit near the stage and the rest of the field will be seating.

Woofer
01-31-2013, 07:20 PM
I am in the Pearl Jam fan club and got a message yesterday that I have 2 tickets reserved in the lower bowl. My cost for the two tickets is $168.00. The other choices were a fan club only pit up in front, and upper deck tickets. You can only get 2 tickets, and you pick them up at the show where you have to show ID to make sure you are the correct owner of the tickets. I guess if they catch you reselling the tickets they kick you out of the fan club. I like that. It seems like it would cut down on scalpng.

The Critic
02-01-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm going to try to get tickets for my wife, but I'm sure after all the presales there will be nothing left. Oh well...

Wedema
02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I saw Pearl Jam at the Chicago Stadium in '94 and Soldier Field in '95 which were both great shows. I was on the floor at the Stadium show which was the last concert ever there. I don't know if I could handle going to Wrigley to see them again almost 20 years later.

FoulTerritory
02-03-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm going to try to get tickets for my wife, but I'm sure after all the presales there will be nothing left. Oh well...

Its a huge venue and the scope of pre-sales is usually pretty limited, so I'm guessing you will probably be able to get pretty good tickets for your wife as long as you can buy them when they go on sale Saturday morning.

SaltyPretzel
02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I got shut out. Had 3 computers going, but was stuck in the waiting room. Anyone have any luck?

The Critic
02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Nope. Two hours in the Virtual Waiting Room (man, I'd forgotten how annoying that is) and not a chance. The Mrs. is bummed, but I'm not a fan so I'm okay.
:D:

CPditka
02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Between myself, my wife, and 2 friends we had 11 devices in the waiting room, all shut out.

Only the Cubs...

amsteel
02-09-2013, 01:35 PM
There'll be a second show.

havelj
02-09-2013, 02:20 PM
There'll be a second show.

Nope. There is a country music gig scheduled the next night. This is a one-night only gig.

The Critic
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Nope. There is a country music gig scheduled the next night. This is a one-night only gig.
Is there anything the previous night? That may be an option.

kittle42
02-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I felt like it was the 90's - trying to get Pearl Jam tickets, and waiting in a room online.

Stupid tickets.com.

Mr. Jinx
02-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Got my 4 just over 3rd base. Can't wait!

doublem23
02-10-2013, 06:08 AM
I felt like it was the 90's - trying to get Pearl Jam tickets, and waiting in a room online.

Stupid tickets.com.

Are you not on the Cubs Neighbor's Email List? I think pretty much anyone in Lakeview can get on it, I mean, I live all the way out in Roscoe Village and they let me join. You get early presale access for concerts at Wrigley. I've had my tickets for a week.

kittle42
02-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Are you not on the Cubs Neighbor's Email List? I think pretty much anyone in Lakeview can get on it, I mean, I live all the way out in Roscoe Village and they let me join. You get early presale access for concerts at Wrigley. I've had my tickets for a week.

Oversight. Guess I'll have to get on it.