PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Ticket Presales Start Today Jan 21

palehosepub
01-21-2013, 09:46 AM
10am for season ticket holders. So are all games the same price now - Opening day, Cubs etc? I believe prime / premium etc pricing is dead

SoxFan78
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Got 4 tickets 17 rows behind the Sox bullpen for opening day. Can't wait for April 1st!

palehosepub
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Grabbed some OD tix & AJ return / Elvis night (August 23)

They are charging $84 ea for Cubs series outfield, looks like there will be lots of empty seats at those prices

amsteel
01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Section 346 row 4 for Opening Day. Excellent!

Harry Potter
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Purchased some extras for OD and Elvis Night as well.

Saw the Cubs series prices and had a good laugh

Chez
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Grabbed some great upper deckers for Opening Day and the Tuesday game against the Northside team.

Wedema
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Can someone share or pm me with a code? Thanks!

lizard6king6
01-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Right now codes are season ticket account numbers only so I doubt you will get those. Other presales start tommorow.
As for the prices it is way too much for the cubs and opening day. Those prices are a joke but all other games are fairly cheap. I dont mind paying extra for one game to pay a lot less for all the other games. Elvis night I got 20 upper deck corner tickets for 140. Figured it would be a fun cheap group outing.

Domeshot17
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Question for you all if anyone knows. My in-laws asked me last night, did they get rid of half priced Mondays?

soxfan21
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Got 2 in sec 115 row 25 for Opening Day.

BainesHOF
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
They are charging $84 ea for Cubs series outfield, looks like there will be lots of empty seats at those prices

The Cubs games should be cheaper than normal prices.

WhiteSox5187
01-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Grabbed some OD tix & AJ return / Elvis night (August 23)

Whoever sets the prices for the White Sox seems to have a difficult time grasping the concept of supply and demand.

ChicagoG19
01-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Whoever sets the prices for the White Sox seems to have a difficult time grasping the concept of supply and demand.

I can't really complain this year, since it seems they did a good job overall with pricing. I didn't plan on going to the Cubs series anyway, so maybe that's why I don't care as much. I am just happy I will be able to afford to go to more games this year.

anewman35
01-21-2013, 07:54 PM

Maybe they're thinking that with less supply this year (2 games each park instead of three) there will be demand that will pay for those tickets? Not saying it's actually going to happen, but it's at least possible.

Wedema
01-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Question for you all if anyone knows. My in-laws asked me last night, did they get rid of half priced Mondays?

Yes, it looks like half price Monday's are gone.

lizard6king6
01-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes, it looks like half price Monday's are gone.

They are gone but prices are a lot less for all games. Go glad I can sit in the lower bowl for less than 20 for almost all the games this year rather than just on Mondays.

lizard6king6
01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Mod Edit - Nope

BainesHOF
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Just tried to buy tickets and my presale code didn't work.

beasly213
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Ehh. Only uppers available for opening day now. I'll wait a bit and pick up some lowers when they release more after the pre sale.

russ99
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I got 2 second row in the left field corner for the first Astros AL game in Chicago.

Kinda bummed about having so many home April games. Maybe we'll have record warmth after such a funky winter.

russ99
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Right now codes are season ticket account numbers only so I doubt you will get those. Other presales start tommorow.
As for the prices it is way too much for the cubs and opening day. Those prices are a joke but all other games are fairly cheap. I dont mind paying extra for one game to pay a lot less for all the other games. Elvis night I got 20 upper deck corner tickets for 140. Figured it would be a fun cheap group outing.

You can usually get better seats if you call a rep for group outings than buying them online.

Rocky Soprano
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I picked up 4 for opening day, ended up getting row 9 in the U.D.
Oh well, at least I will be there for my 12th straight opener!

lizard6king6
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
You can usually get better seats if you call a rep for group outings than buying them online.
I did. My rep is awesome. She did hook me up with a group outing. Originally I was going online but contacted my rep once I had 20 people in, saved on service charges and stuff too. Thanks

SOXfnNlansing
01-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Just did a look see with a code that was emailed to me from the Sox and there isn't much available. I even tried looking at an average game in June, but they wanted $70 for a lower box seat (not in "Platnum" area).

It's more convenient and CHEAPER to go on secondary sites. That is my plan for the opener. Congrats to you that were able to find good seats on the pre-sale!

Sad
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Got 2 seats in Sec 142 for games in July and Aug (KC & DET)

that'll work :D:

comiskey2000
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure what we can and can't discuss regarding the secondary sites, but the math is simple. As a buyer, I am going to go where the cost is the lowest. I have no doubt tickets, from lowers behind the plate to the upper deck, will be cheaper on the secondary market (will a little patience). I see no need to buy any game but opening day when tickets "officially" go on sale from the White Sox and Ticketmaster.

beasly213
02-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Picked up 2 lower corners for opening day on ticketmaster today. Not the best seats in the park but I'm happy to get lower level opening day for face value. :bandance:

Domeshot17
02-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Picked up 2 lower corners for opening day on ticketmaster today. Not the best seats in the park but I'm happy to get lower level opening day for face value. :bandance:

Where are we sitting :D:?

dickallen15
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure what we can and can't discuss regarding the secondary sites, but the math is simple. As a buyer, I am going to go where the cost is the lowest. I have no doubt tickets, from lowers behind the plate to the upper deck, will be cheaper on the secondary market (will a little patience). I see no need to buy any game but opening day when tickets "officially" go on sale from the White Sox and Ticketmaster.
Not necessarily. The Sunday games in the bleachers plus the corner seats in both the upper and lower deck are going to be cheaper now than stubhub, due to Stubhub's fees.

Jason82807
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Not necessarily. The Sunday games in the bleachers plus the corner seats in both the upper and lower deck are going to be cheaper now than stubhub, due to Stubhub's fees.

Yep, and I'm pretty sure the corner seats for the Yankees series aren't going any lower than $7 and $20.

SephClone89
02-01-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty upset that I can't get to Opening Day this year--I've never been, and I thought having a real job I'd be able to afford it and take off for it...but it's the first day after our spring break. We're not allowed to take personal days attached to holidays. :angry: I'm not taking it because it's attached to spring break, I'm taking it because it's Opening ****ing Day!

Bought my first batch of games last night though regardless--five of them. I went heavy on the cheap Sundays especially--first Sunday of the season, then the Konerko bobblehead vs the Los Angeles Mike Trouts of Anaheim, the Sunday game against the Uptons in July, Rangers in August, and lastly, Fan Appreciation Day. Definitely plan on another 5-7 games as well.

Color me excited.:gulp: