PDA

View Full Version : Alou, White & C-Lee

DrCrawdad
07-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Who would have guessed that out of Alou, White & C. Lee, that Lee would be ahead of this pack in most stats?

MLB's stat comparison of White, Alou and C. Lee (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?compare.x=&box6=XXXX124185XXXX&section1=null&statSet1=null&statType=1&sortByStat=Last_Name&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2002&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&teamPosCode=O&box1=XXXX110189chnO&box2=XXXX150324chaO&checkBoxTotal=0&playerLocator=Rondell+white)

LongDistanceFan
07-30-2002, 12:17 PM
i am surprise

soxrme
07-30-2002, 12:23 PM
I am not surprised, he has a lot of upside and should not be let go. However, let us realize we are not talking about 3 hof here.

DrCrawdad
07-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
I am not surprised, he has a lot of upside and should not be let go. However, let us realize we are not talking about 3 hof here.

Alou's been a major bust for the Cubs this season. Alou has missed, or not played in, 22 games this season. Even Rondl has played in more games than Alou. The Cubs are stuck with him for one more season too.

I remember hearing over and over from Cub fans how Sosa-McGriff-Alou was going to be the best 3-4-5 in baseball history (or something close to that). I told my Cub fan friends to remember the projections of the Sox "Good Guys Wear Black" of Thomas-Belle-Ventura era. What you project to be, is not what it often turns out to be.

Fact is the Cubs strike out way too much. In fact they lead the NL is strike outs.

I'm not too keen to dump C. Lee unless we get truly valuable pitcher in return.

- DrCrawdad.

:LTP
Strike outs? I'll give you strike outs!

baggio202
07-30-2002, 01:35 PM
the saying "best of a poor lot" comes to mind

DrCrawdad
07-30-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
the saying "best of a poor lot" comes to mind

How 'bout dubious distinction?