PDA

View Full Version : Sox Hotels

Tannerfan
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Can anyone tell me where the Sox stay on the road?
I'm thinking of going to Kansas City and Minnesota this year, and I'd like to stay
At the same hotel as the team.
Thanks.

johnnyg83
01-16-2013, 12:54 AM
kc is the intercontinental on the plaza

johnnyg83
01-16-2013, 12:55 AM
kc is/was the intercontinental on the plaza

DonnieDarko
01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Dumb question, but is there a team hotel for the players near Camelback Ranch? Or do they just stay at the complex for the duration of Spring Training? Curious because I'm evidently going to ST this year (March 13th-19th).

salty99
01-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Dumb question, but is there a team hotel for the players near Camelback Ranch? Or do they just stay at the complex for the duration of Spring Training? Curious because I'm evidently going to ST this year (March 13th-19th).

My understanding is most of the big name players rent houses or condos for the time they are there, unless you are like Konerko and already own a home in the area. The ones who can't afford it, like the lower level minor league guys stay in a team hotel somewhere.

palehosepub
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Also if you happen to have a recent Sox media guide they list the team hotel in each city. Stayed at the Westin Copley Boston for a White Sox series several years ago, ran into a lot of the Sox players in the hotel, restaurant bar etc. - the only issue is that they usually stay at 4 star hotels and it can get pricey

Harry Potter
01-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Also if you happen to have a recent Sox media guide they list the team hotel in each city. Stayed at the Westin Copley Boston for a White Sox series several years ago, ran into a lot of the Sox players in the hotel, restaurant bar etc. - the only issue is that they usually stay at 4 star hotels and it can get pricey

I think they removed the list from the media guides the past few years.

dickallen15
01-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Can anyone tell me where the Sox stay on the road?
I'm thinking of going to Kansas City and Minnesota this year, and I'd like to stay
At the same hotel as the team.
Thanks.
They stay at the W in Minneapolis.