PDA

View Full Version : Game Over For Milton Bradley

RKMeibalane
01-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Former Outfielder Faces Possible Prison Sentence (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8836221/ex-player-milton-bradley-charged-domestic-abuse)

I wish I could say I was surprised.

DumpJerry
01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
What game is over? He's been out of baseball for at least one season so far.

These charges are all misdemeanors. Once again, people are jumping to conclusions.

Reporters who are not trained in how the legal system works keep getting assigned to cover legal/criminal stories. About 20% of what they write is accurate. Heck, "Law & Order" is more accurate and lawyers use that show for comic relief.

RKMeibalane
01-11-2013, 08:28 PM

These charges are all misdemeanors. Once again, people are jumping to conclusions.

Reporters who are not trained in how the legal system works keep getting assigned to cover legal/criminal stories. About 20% of what they write is accurate. Heck, "Law & Order" is more accurate and lawyers use that show for comic relief.

The title of this thread is somewhat tongue in cheek, given his board game name.

DumpJerry
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
The title of this thread is somewhat tongue in cheek, given his board game name.
Gotcha. Good one!

DumpJerry
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
A lawyer I know once represented him. He was pulled over for a speeding ticket. While the officer was writing up the ticket, MB drove away. This resulted in a trip to the county jail. When the lawyer asked why did he drive away (to see if there was a legitimate defense somewhere), MB said "he never told me to wait for him to finish."

Real work of genius that Milton Bradley.

RKMeibalane
01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
A lawyer I know once represented him. He was pulled over for a speeding ticket. While the officer was writing up the ticket, MB drove away. This resulted in a trip to the county jail. When the lawyer asked why did he drive away (to see if there was a legitimate defense somewhere), MB said "he never told me to wait for him to finish."

Real work of genius that Milton Bradley.

Maybe he thought the city would just mail him the ticket, as sometimes happens with the cameras adjacent to traffic lights. In any event, it's never a good idea to run or drive away from a police officer unless they've said you can go.

thomas35forever
01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Hope he gets his, however that may come. This guy is nothing but trouble.

DumpJerry
01-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe he thought the city would just mail him the ticket, as sometimes happens with the cameras adjacent to traffic lights. In any event, it's never a good idea to run or drive away from a police officer unless they've said you can go.
The cop had his driver's license. My friend who had to visit him at the jail said he's a total moron.

DSpivack
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM

Maybe you should call the AP and inform them of this!

DumpJerry
01-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Maybe you should call the AP and inform them of this!
They don't care. They want to hire journalism majors, not people who know something about the subjects they write about.

samurai_sox
01-13-2013, 01:16 PM
I remember when the Cubs signed him and he appeared on Chicago Tribune Live right after his press conference and that tool Dave Kaplan acted like he was the final piece that would put the Cubs over the top. :rolleyes:

34 Inch Stick
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
The cop had his driver's license. My friend who had to visit him at the jail said he's a total moron.

He has a self destrutive personality but I think he is intelligent

Medford Bobby
01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
and a lot of clubs happily gave him millions and millions of dollars.....:(: