Bullpen:

Parque
Marte
Wunsch
Howry
Ginter
Glover
Foulke

why not add curt schilling to that list.

baggio202
07-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Here's the lineup I'd like to see in 2003:

Erstad - CF
I. Rodriquez - C
Konerko - 1B
Maggs - RF
C. Lee - LF
Thomas - DH
Valentin - SS
Crede - 3B
Harris - 2B

Rotation:

Buehrle
Free Agent Stud #2 Pitcher
Garland
Wright
Biddle

Bullpen:

Parque
Marte
Wunsch
Howry
Ginter
Glover
Foulke

if you can find a way to make that work on the 46 million dollar payroll the sox will be rolling out next year id make you executive of the century...last one too :)

hold2dibber
07-30-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

why not add curt schilling to that list.

Why didn't I think of that -- I say we trade Rowand and Paul for him; those guys are bursting with potential!

LongDistanceFan
07-30-2002, 09:24 AM

Why didn't I think of that -- I say we trade Rowand and Paul for him; those guys are bursting with potential!

yep that will do it.

guillen4life13
07-30-2002, 09:51 AM
Here's the lineup I'd like to see in 2003:

Erstad - CF
I. Rodriquez - C
Konerko - 1B
Maggs - RF
C. Lee - LF
Thomas - DH
Valentin - SS
Crede - 3B
Harris - 2B

Rotation:

Buehrle
Free Agent Stud #2 Pitcher
Garland
Wright
Biddle

Bullpen:

Parque
Marte
Wunsch
Howry
Ginter
Glover
Foulke

if ginter was a starter in the ml's, i think that if the sox can't land a #2 pitcher, he should get a look.

also, pk seems really comfy in the 5 spot... why not put lee in the 3 hole and pk in the five spot, like they are now?

in fact, with the players you have there, this would be my lineup:

2B Harris
CF Erstad
LF Lee
RF maggs
1B Konerko
DH Thomas
C Pudge Rodriguez
3B Crede
SS Valentin

hold2dibber
07-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

if ginter was a starter in the ml's, i think that if the sox can't land a #2 pitcher, he should get a look.

also, pk seems really comfy in the 5 spot... why not put lee in the 3 hole and pk in the five spot, like they are now?

in fact, with the players you have there, this would be my lineup:

2B Harris
CF Erstad
LF Lee
RF maggs
1B Konerko
DH Thomas
C Pudge Rodriguez
3B Crede
SS Valentin

I've always heard that the Sox were grooming Ginter for a relief role; I'm not sure if that has something to do with his stuff (e.g., only two good pitches), his general ability (not good enough to be a starter) or his durability (not able to pitch for lots of pitches but is able to pitch a little bit with great frequency). But he has been impressive this year, and may warrant consideration as a member of the rotation. Parque and Glover and Ritchie are also possibilities, I suppose.

As to Paulie hitting 5th vs. 3rd, here's my take: the Sox two best hitters are PK and Maggs. I don't like it when neither of them bat in the first inning. Moreover, PK will get more ABs in the 3 spot than the 5 spot and since he is one of our two best hitters, it seems to me that we should try to get him more at bats. Plus, there is nothing more frustrating in a tight game in the late innings, than having your best hitters sitting in the on-deck circle while someone else tries to win the game. In one of the games in Minnesota before the Sox were totally out of it, they had bases loaded and two outs in the 9th, down by two runs, with Frank, hitting in the 3 slot and in a terrible funk, at the plate with PK two batters away still. Although Frank did come through with a hit, I was *this* close to getting on a plane to Minnesota so I could throttle Manual for his line-up; PK was ON FIRE at the time, Frank is in a huge slump, but he hits Frank 3rd and there we were in a critical situation in which red hot PK could have been hitting instead of ice cold Big Hurt. In fact, it still pisses me off, even though Frank got a hit, because he hit a one-run scoring single and Maggs then made an out to end it. As hot as PK was at the time, he may well have launched a three run double off the wall and we might have won the game.

Sorry for the rant.