PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna bet...

Iguana775
07-29-2002, 11:39 PM
ritchie has a torn labrum? lol. i got this from the espn sox page...

Rest and anti-inflammatory medication have helped RHP Todd Ritchie's sore shoulder, the Chicago Sun-Times reported July 29. He'll throw in a side session on July 30. "He's had a little discomfort, so we're taking care of it," pitching coach Don Cooper told the Sun-Times. "I'm thinking optimistically, that he'll be fine. We have a lot of games left, and we don't want to lose him."

the curse of The Alien continues even when he is not here!!!

hsc1
07-30-2002, 12:36 AM
oh wouldnt that be the cherry on top.........i guess this leaves ritchie out of any deals before wednesday huh???

Iwritecode
07-30-2002, 09:53 AM
That would definetely explain why he has sucked so much this year. I've been saying for a while that he is not really as bad as he has shown this year. He started out the year pitching real well. Then all of a sudden he fell off with no explanation. That must have been when his shoulder started bothering him.

What is it with Sox pitchers not coming out and saying something when something doesn't feel right? No, instead they try and pitch through it, end up pitching horribly and do even more damage. I can only figure that he was trying to justify the trade.

Yea, that worked...

FanOf14
07-30-2002, 10:37 AM
2 of my co-workers and myself were just saying the same thing about Ritchie yesterday. It would explain his terrible start (much worse than he ever has been). I wonder how many mroe times the Sox coaches will make a player with a sore wing "pitch through it." It's one thing if it is for a little while and something starts to aleviate the pain/soreness/inflamation and another thing if it is lingering and nothing is helping.

LongDistanceFan
07-30-2002, 12:26 PM
or maybe its a ploy to keep him out for the season. so he wouldn't loose anymore games.

Iwritecode
07-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
or maybe its a ploy to keep him out for the season. so he wouldn't loose anymore games.

That's not a half-bad idea. Anyone else we throw out there at least has half a chance to win.

Foulke You
07-30-2002, 04:26 PM
:nardi
"I showed Todd how to throw your labrum into your pitches."