PDA

View Full Version : Reds-Indians and D-Backs working on a 3 team deal

SoxSpeed22
12-11-2012, 08:25 PM
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/reds-deep-in-talks-to-acquire-shin-soo-choo-from-indians/
Right now, it's unknown exactly who is going from each team, but the Reds are trying to get Shin Soo Choo, the Tribe are trying to get some pitchers from Arizona and Arizona wants a shortstop.

mzh
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Rumors are saying Choo to Cincinnati, Didi Gregorius to Arizona, Drew Stubs and either Trevor Bauer or Tyler Skaggs to Cleveland.

Sounds like a solid deal, but Bauer is the name from Arizona that's being thrown out there the most, and that seems like an awfully steep price for a shortstop who was hardly in anyone's top 100 before this year. Have 4 Major League starts made him lose his luster that quickly?

PaleHoser
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Deal is done (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121211&content_id=40619926&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb). Nine player trade.

Choo to Cincinnati, Sipp to Arizona, Stubbs and Bauer to Cleveland.

SoxSpeed22
12-11-2012, 10:12 PM
The Indians made out like bandits on this one. They just improved their rotation by a lot.

samurai_sox
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Whats with these NBA style trades in baseball this offseason?

Looks like the Indians benefited the most from the deal.

mzh
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Highway robbery for Cleveland. I don't know what exactly Rick is supposed to do, but pretty much every team in the division has taken significant steps forward but us.

I would have thought of Bauer as untouchable about 6 months ago. No sure what soured on him there.

DirtySox
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Indians made out like bandits. Love it for them.

samurai_sox
12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Highway robbery for Cleveland. I don't know what exactly Rick is supposed to do, but pretty much every team in the division has taken significant steps forward but us.

I would have thought of Bauer as untouchable about 6 months ago. No sure what soured on him there.

Did they move spring training up to January this time?

Relax, there's still plenty time to make moves.

DirtySox
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I would have thought of Bauer as untouchable about 6 months ago. Not sure what soured on him there.

From what I've been told and read, Bauer is quite stubborn. He's also resisted the club attempting to change his pitching style and approach. He does not pitch to contact. Strikes out plenty of people but also walks many as well. Drives up his pitch count significantly and doesn't always have the longest outings.

The stuff is great though. The potential is still very much there.

CoopaLoop
12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Reds get their lead off man and Indians get a great return on a guy who was going to walk after 2013.

Not exactly sure what the Diamondbacks are doing here. Giving up a 21 year old pitcher with fantastic stuff who I don't think was even in pro ball for a year before he made it to the majors.

Lars Anderson seems like a failed prospect already and Didi Gregorius cannot hit at all.

SephClone89
12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Thank God we don't need to hear Hawk butcher a simple name each and every time he comes to bat now...it's PHONETIC, for God's sake...

cws05champ
12-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Reds get their lead off man and Indians get a great return on a guy who was going to walk after 2013.

Not exactly sure what the Diamondbacks are doing here. Giving up a 21 year old pitcher with fantastic stuff who I don't think was even in pro ball for a year before he made it to the majors.

Lars Anderson seems like a failed prospect already and Didi Gregorius cannot hit at all.
Agreed, I can't believe they gave up Bauer for anything...especially for what they got. A Loogy, a slap hitting shortstop(who plays fantastic defense), and a failed 1B prospect when they already have Goldschmidt entrenched.

I'm pissed we will have to deal with Bauer for the forseable future and I have him in the dynasty league and a switch to the AL doesn't help.

I know the D-backs have some pitching depth but come on...

Lip Man 1
12-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Well if the Sox intend to ship out DeAza it won't be to the Reds that's for sure.

Lip

SI1020
12-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Does somebody want to tell me what's in this for the D-Backs?

CoopaLoop
12-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Does somebody want to tell me what's in this for the D-Backs?

I mean I have read the organization was not very found of Bauer's attitude and stubbornness, but still this is a ridiculous trade.

cws05champ
12-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I mean I have read the organization was not very found of Bauer's attitude and stubbornness, but still this is a ridiculous trade.
They knew about his workouts and processes before they drafted him.....if they didn't want to deal with him then why draft him?