PDA

View Full Version : Angels, Yanks and Cubs Opt-Out of MLBs' deal with Stubhub

#1swisher
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Angels, Yankees and the Cubs will not be an official partner with StubHub going forward. The fact that Stubhub allowed their tickets to unattractive games to be available for mere dollars, is the reason for this decision.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2012/12/10/cubs-opt-out-of-mlbs-deal-with-stubhub/

MUsoxfan
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Instead of having the guy that paid $5 on Stubhub to sit in that seat guzzling down $8 beers there will be nobody in that seat. An artificial price floor won't solve their problems. Stubhub is the only true gauge of the market.

Whitesox029
12-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, because they definitely could have gotten someone to pay more than $5 to see this (http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_09_17_pitmlb_chnmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=chc) game.

Mr. Jinx
12-22-2012, 01:25 PM
So will it now be "illegal" to sell tickets for those teams on stubhub or are they just no longer an official partner? Unless they can force stubhub to pull all listings off their pages I don't see what this is going to accomplish.

MUsoxfan
12-22-2012, 01:28 PM
The Cubs are now back with Stubhub. They're cutting off sales 6hrs before game time

ChicagoG19
12-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Instead of having the guy that paid $5 on Stubhub to sit in that seat guzzling down $8 beers there will be nobody in that seat. An artificial price floor won't solve their problems. Stubhub is the only true gauge of the market.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

doublem23
12-22-2012, 07:08 PM
So will it now be "illegal" to sell tickets for those teams on stubhub or are they just no longer an official partner? Unless they can force stubhub to pull all listings off their pages I don't see what this is going to accomplish.

No, you can still buy and sell tickets for these teams on StubHub, they just won't be advertised on their official websites. Agreed it's probably the stupidest thing ever.

DumpJerry
12-22-2012, 07:18 PM

No, you can still buy and sell tickets for these teams on StubHub, they just won't be advertised on their official websites. Agreed it's probably the stupidest thing ever.
It's not "illegal," but if a team is not a partner, then if you sell season tickets on StubHub, you can't use the sale to credit your account with the team for next year's (or postseason) invoice.

Mr. Jinx
12-23-2012, 06:20 PM
It's not "illegal," but if a team is not a partner, then if you sell season tickets on StubHub, you can't use the sale to credit your account with the team for next year's (or postseason) invoice.

Looking at it further, one side effect is that fans will no longer be able to use the instant transfer on their tickets anymore. I guess that means that you won't be able to wait until 2-3 hours before game time to buy a ticket anymore.