PDA

View Full Version : RUMORS: Sox Have Talked De Aza and Viciedo

Marqhead
12-07-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/white-sox-could-trade-viciedo-or-de-aza.html

Some interesting speculation on an otherwise boring day.

sunofgold
12-08-2012, 04:14 PM
They aren't making much and we don't have better options yet. Hopefully Dayan gets better.

DonnieDarko
12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I hope the Sox keep them as well. Or at least De Aza. Isn't Viciedo's agent Boras? That won't go over well with Sox brass.

...maybe it WOULD be a good idea to trade Viciedo if only because the Sox won't be able to afford his price tag when he hits FA.

WhiteSox5187
12-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I hope the Sox keep them as well. Or at least De Aza. Isn't Viciedo's agent Boras? That won't go over well with Sox brass.

...maybe it WOULD be a good idea to trade Viciedo if only because the Sox won't be able to afford his price tag when he hits FA.

I don't think Dayan's a free agent for another five years though. While I wouldn't mind keeping Viciedo, I wouldn't be totally opposed to trading him either for the right package. I think the only guy I wouldn't trade on this team is Sale.

DonnieDarko
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't think Dayan's a free agent for another five years though. While I wouldn't mind keeping Viciedo, I wouldn't be totally opposed to trading him either for the right package. I think the only guy I wouldn't trade on this team is Sale.

Agreed.

DSpivack
12-08-2012, 11:55 PM
I agree.

I looked up Viciedo on Cot's, and was surprised to see he only has 1.124 years of service time, as it seems like he's been with the big league for longer than that (just small parts of a few seasons, I guess).

Chez
12-09-2012, 09:51 AM
IMO trading Viciedo would be a huge mistake. When Paulie retires or leaves (likely after this season), Viciedo is your first baseman for the forseeable future.

Mr. Jinx
12-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Outside of Sale I would surprised if the Sox haven't talked about everyone else on the team. I don't think there's a single other untouchable on this roster. Doesn't mean they are in fact going to trade anyone though. Seems like a non-rumor to me.

amsteel
12-09-2012, 02:06 PM
De Aza, sure. Viciedo, hell no.