PDA

View Full Version : Dale Sveum accidently shot while hunting

MARTINMVP
12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Cubs Manager Dale Sveum was accidentally shot by pellets in the back and right ear by former Brewers teammate Robin Yount while quail hunting. Fortunately, he is OK.

Chalk this up as another example of "only with the Cubs."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/12/05/cubs-dale-sveum-shot-ear-robin-yount.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a13&eref=sihp

Red Barchetta
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Was Dick Cheney also on the trip?!

LITTLE NELL
12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Cubs Manager Dale Sveum was accidentally shot by pellets in the back and right ear by former Brewers teammate Robin Yount while quail hunting. Fortunately, he is OK.

Chalk this up as another example of "only with the Cubs."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/12/05/cubs-dale-sveum-shot-ear-robin-yount.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a13&eref=sihp

The Sox had a great young pitcher in the 30s named Monty Stratton who accidentally shot himself while hunting and lost his leg as a result.
A pretty good movie starring Jimmy Stewart as Stratton is a must for Sox fans.

Viva Medias B's
12-05-2012, 08:37 PM
According to Les last night, Robin Ventura shot Sveum. He later corrected himself.

DrCrawdad
12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
According to Les last night, Robin Ventura shot Sveum. He later corrected himself.

That's on par for Les since he revels in taking shots at the Sox & Sox fans.

TDog
12-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Chalk this up as another example of "only with the Cubs."...

Only with the Cubs? It isn't unusual for someone to be shot while hunting, especially if you include people who end up being OK. The White Sox even lost a pitcher to a hunting accident in 1938.

Wedema
12-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Was Dick Cheney also on the trip?!

Or was Bob Knight?

slavko
12-06-2012, 12:05 AM
That's on par for Les since he revels in taking shots at the Sox & Sox fans.

You talking about the same Les I listen to occasionally? Cos I don't agree with you. In any event, has Bob Costas commented on the accident yet? :redneck

soltrain21
12-06-2012, 04:05 PM
You talking about the same Les I listen to occasionally? Cos I don't agree with you. In any event, has Bob Costas commented on the accident yet? :redneck

Everyone hates the White Sox according to him. Even some posters here.