Sockinchisox
12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/354034?eref=twitter_feed

DirtySox
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm very okay with this.

WhiteSox5187
12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
That's too bad, I wish he would have stayed here (assuming we made him an offer). He will do very well in the Bronx.

Foulke You
12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
There is nothing on MLBTR yet about this deal and they are usually all over these things. I'm going to wait for a few more outlets to report on this one.

DSpivack
12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
There is nothing on MLBTR yet about this deal and they are usually all over these things. I'm going to wait for a few more outlets to report on this one.

The original source was a tweet by Phil Rogers. Take that FWIW.

I'm very okay with this.

I am, too, but I will not be happy to see Flowers and Gimenez behind the plate in 2013.

DirtySox
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
The original source was a tweet by Phil Rogers. Take that FWIW.

I am, too, but I will not be happy to see Flowers and Gimenez behind the plate in 2013.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Flowers can do with more steady playing time, but I agree he's far from a sure thing.

WhiteSox5187
12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Ken Rosenthal just went on MLB Network to talk about AJ and wondered why he hadn't gotten more interest from teams like the Yankees or Rangers. So that is perhaps worth keeping in mind.

Rosenthal also said he sent AJ a text message asking him if he had heard from any teams or if there were any offers he was considering, AJ responded by saying he was going to accept a "huge deal from the Yokohama Stars."

DSpivack
12-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Ken Rosenthal just went on MLB Network to talk about AJ and wondered why he hadn't gotten more interest from teams like the Yankees or Rangers. So that is perhaps worth keeping in mind.

Rosenthal also said he sent AJ a text message asking him if he had heard from any teams or if there were any offers he was considering, AJ responded by saying he was going to accept a "huge deal from the Yokohama Stars."

That could very well just be AJ ****ing with Rosenthal.

ChiSoxGal85
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM

I'd put money that you're right.

WhiteSox5187
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM

I'd put money that you're right.

Rosenthal said AJ was being sarcastic, I thought it was clear that he was being sarcastic. Sorry.

#1swisher
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Brian Cashman said Tuesday that he's spoken to both A.J. Pierzynski and Kevin Youkilis, per rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/2685/aj-pierzynski

HomeFish
12-04-2012, 08:44 PM
He can get booed by both the home and away fans if he has a bad slump.

Madvora
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
He can get booed by both the home and away fans if he has a bad slump.
Actually I think we'd be his only former club that still liked him.
I hope he stays though.

A. Cavatica
12-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Rosenthal said AJ was being sarcastic, I thought it was clear that he was being sarcastic. Sorry.

It was clear as soon as you said "AJ".

beasly213
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Sox and AJ continue to talk even with all the Yankees talk:

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-whitesox/whitesox-talk/White-Sox-continue-to-talk-to-Pierzynski?blockID=809989&feedID=10338&awid=8279073469535988938-914

CubKilla
12-05-2012, 01:43 AM
AJ hit almost all of his '12 HR's to RF and he did it in the year that his contract needs to be renewed..... the makings of a 3 year/$50 million dollar Yankee deal.

white sox bill
12-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm never OK with anyone wearing the Yank pinstrip....unless its someone we can unload, I just want AJ back

russ99
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm holding out hope that A.J. makes a "courtesy call" to Jerry again once there's an offer on the table.

Worked out well for us last time.

MeteorsSox4367
12-05-2012, 12:31 PM
The idea of Pierzynski leaving the Sox isn't cool and the fact that it's the Yankees is even worse.

Flowers as the No.1 catcher? Is Donny Lucy busy?

Thome25
12-05-2012, 12:45 PM
AJ is my favorite player on the Sox.

It'll be a sad sad day to see him sign elsewhere especially if it's the Yankees.

Soxman219
12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
AJ would get a standing ovation his first time back.

HomeFish
12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm never OK with anyone wearing the Yank pinstrip....unless its someone we can unload, I just want AJ back

IMO, wearing Yankee pinstripes is one of the greatest honors that an MLB player can receive. If AJ can't stay here, I want him to go win another championship in New York and play for what is objectively the greatest team in the game.

TheVulture
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
IMO, wearing Yankee pinstripes is one of the greatest honors that an MLB player can receive. If AJ can't stay here, I want him to go win another championship in New York and play for what is objectively the greatest team in the game.

I don't know how a Sox fan could want the Yankees to win another championship. The only team I want winning another championship is the White Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees in the World Series.

LITTLE NELL
12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't know how a Sox fan could want the Yankees to win another championship. The only team I want winning another championship is the White Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees in the World Series.

Even the Cubs?

TheVulture
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Even the Cubs?

I'm not too concerned about that eventuality.

Noneck
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Even the Cubs?

That was almost a major conundrum for me during the playoffs of 2003. Hope it never happens again. I still dont know what I would have hoped for.

LITTLE NELL
12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
That was almost a major conundrum for me during the playoffs of 2003. Hope it never happens again. I still dont know what I would have hoped for.

Cubs and Red Sox in the World Series would give me nightmares.

Noneck
12-05-2012, 05:35 PM

The red sox didnt take years of life from my dad or maybe even me, like the yanks did. But on the other hand, I think the cubs may have added years of life to me so far.

Boondock Saint
12-05-2012, 05:37 PM

No kidding. Same thing with Packers/Pats Super Bowls and Canucks/Bruins Stanley Cup Finals.

Red Barchetta
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Imagine the hype in 2004 if it would have been the Cubs vs. the Red Sox. The "historic" games in Fenway and Wrigley, the long suffering fans, etc.

If the Cubs ever win a World Series, Cub fans will be like Red Sox fans on steroids.

beasly213
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Buster Olney tweeted that he heard from an agent he trusts that AJ most likely will end up back with the White Sox..

WhiteSox5187
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Buster Olney tweeted that he heard from an agent he trusts that AJ most likely will end up back with the White Sox..

Rosenthal tweeted last night that linked AJ to the Rangers (the article made it seem like that was mainly conjecture on the part of the author however). I am somewhat surprised that the market for AJ is so limited, I know he is 37 but he can still go out and hit .280 and in a hitter friendly ballpark like Yankee Stadium or the Ballpark in Arlington he might be capable of hitting 15+ home runs.

Lip Man 1
12-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I hope this proves to be correct although I asked about this with a good source a few minutes ago. They said they simply can't see it happening because, "A.J. would be very, very, very, very miserable..." (direct quote)

They feel he's going to Texas.

I picked up hints from this individual in the past who knows A.J. well that he likes Chicago, the Sox organization and the fans but he really, really wants a monster payday for his final contract...that he doesn't just want a 'good' contract. If that's true, that's probably out of the Sox range...but we'll see.

Lip

JB98
12-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I hope this proves to be correct although I asked about this with a good source a few minutes ago. They said they simply can't see it happening because, "A.J. would be very, very, very, very miserable..." (direct quote)

I picked up hints from this individual in the past who knows A.J. well that he likes Chicago, the Sox organization and the fans but he really, really wants a monster payday for his final contract...that he doesn't just want a 'good' contract. If that's true, that's probably out of the Sox range...but we'll see.

Lip

I just don't know that anyone is going to give him that huge contract he seeks. We've talked a lot here on WSI about A.J. being a 35-year-old catcher, and we've talked a lot about how he's unlikely to duplicate his 2012 production. We all know giving him a monster deal would be a huge gamble for any club, and if we know it, baseball people surely know it, too.

I wouldn't be stunned if the market for A.J. is so slim that he ends up back in the Sox range. I also won't be stunned if one team (like Texas or New York) decides they are desperate enough and gives him the big contract he desires.

This really could go either way. I do know the Sox won't overpay, nor should they.

TomBradley72
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Lip

That's a shame if it's true- if there was ever a player who should give a "hometown discount" to his team- it's AJ and the White Sox- he's a great fit and the fans love him- and will still support him even with the (likely) decline that will occur as he ages.

It's up to the Sox to give him a very solid offer- but my theory is that any team other than the White Sox will = San Francisco Giants for AJ.

#1swisher
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Buster Olney
A very respected agent who is canvassing the catchers' market thinks that eventually, there will be a reunion of A.J. Pierzynski/CWS.

TheVulture
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
AJ to the Yankees?
mIEYnAtnCkQ

pythons007
12-12-2012, 09:30 AM
That's a shame if it's true- if there was ever a player who should give a "hometown discount" to his team- it's AJ and the White Sox- he's a great fit and the fans love him- and will still support him even with the (likely) decline that will occur as he ages.

It's up to the Sox to give him a very solid offer- but my theory is that any team other than the White Sox will = San Francisco Giants for AJ.

Why in the hell does AJ owe anything to the White Sox?

TomBradley72
12-12-2012, 10:07 AM

He doesn't "owe" them anything- I agree- I just think this is the best fit for him overall- fans, culture, history with the team, etc.- I think he had a career year last year- he's going to decline on offense as well as defense- my theory is that the fans in Texas or NYY will not be nearly as forgiving as White Sox fans- where he has an 8 year history, etc.

Noneck
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM

He owes no one but himself. The discount may be for his own benefit though. Look at what happened to his buddy Burls, he may not want to be shipped off to timbuktu in july for the last couple years of his career.

DumpJerry
12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
He owes no one but himself. The discount may be for his own benefit though. Look at what happened to his buddy Burls, he may not want to be shipped off to timbuktu in july for the last couple years of his career.
The Yankees are not the Marlins. I heard that Burls said he was lied to by the Marlins organization when he signed (hey Mark, there's no place like home). I don't think we've ever heard a player complain that the Yankees lied to him.

Noneck
12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
The Yankees are not the Marlins. I heard that Burls said he was lied to by the Marlins organization when he signed (hey Mark, there's no place like home). I don't think we've ever heard a player complain that the Yankees lied to him.

Might not lie to him, may just tell him, you are here till you are not here. That may be the deal.

SOXSINCE'70
12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I saw an MLB Network scroll last night that said the Rangers are back in the hunt.

johnnyg83
12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
I saw an MLB Network scroll last night that said the Rangers are back in the hunt.

MLB trade rumors also reporting this. Since they've lost out on Greinke, Hamilton, Napoli, maybe they're getting more desperate. Not desperate, just more than they were.

Sockinchisox
12-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Looks like he's heading to Texas.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Pierzynski, #Rangers closing in on one-year contract. Deal will be pending a physical, not yet done.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/281888421138534400

russ99
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Looks like he's heading to Texas.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Pierzynski, #Rangers closing in on one-year contract. Deal will be pending a physical, not yet done.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/281888421138534400

Noooooooo...

ChiSoxGal85
12-20-2012, 05:45 PM
noooooooo...
+1. :(:

Lip Man 1
12-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I had heard for a long time this was going to be the end result. I assume the money Texas is offering in the one year deal is a lot more than the Sox one year offer of four million. (At least I hope it is...)

Lip

QueerGirrl
12-20-2012, 07:08 PM
+1. :(:

+1,000 You'll always be awesome AJ, good luck. :(: :whiner:

Nellie_Fox
12-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Now that he's signed with Texas, there's no need to have three different threads going.