PDA

View Full Version : SPECULATION: Floyd for Saltalamacchia--would you?

SephClone89
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Just a possibility banded about by Phil Rogers (I know, I know) and the MLBN guys.

palehozenychicty
12-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Last year was the first one where he got over 400 plate appearances and the second one in which he played over 100 games. He definitely does not walk.

Anybody know how he calls a game? He was heralded once out of Atlanta and Texas.

I feel like he's a solid backup, and that's it.

We should be able to get more than that for Floyd, though.

SoxSpeed22
12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Salty hasn't hit .250 since 2008. The Red Sox also have a lot less leverage now that Napoli is there. The good news is he doesn't have a big price tag. If the White Sox can swipe one of their best prospects, I am all up for it, otherwise no.

DonnieDarko
12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Salty hasn't hit .250 since 2008. The Red Sox also have a lot less leverage now that Napoli is there. The good news is he doesn't have a big price tag. If the White Sox can swipe one of their best prospects, I am all up for it, otherwise no.

Isn't the Red Sox's system pretty barren, though? I mean, I'd have to imagine that they're going to hang on to what remains of their top prospects for dear life.

PalehosePlanet
12-03-2012, 08:18 PM

Napoli was signed to play 1B, not Catch. That's why this rumor is pure bull****.

SoxSpeed22
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Isn't the Red Sox's system pretty barren, though? I mean, I'd have to imagine that they're going to hang on to what remains of their top prospects for dear life.They did pay quite a bit to get Adrian Gonzalez. They did get Ruddy De La Rosa from the Dodgers as part of that deal with the Dodgers. They also did call up a bunch of their guys after that big trade, so yes the system has really dried up over the last two years.

SoxSpeed22
12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Napoli was signed to play 1B, not Catch. That's why this rumor is pure bull****.I never got the idea that this was a rumor, just speculation.

PalehosePlanet
12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I never got the idea that this was a rumor, just speculation.

Okay then, the speculation is based on Napoli being signed to take over the Catching duties.Sources say he'll be playing 1B, therefore Boston hasn't a Catching surplus.