PDA

View Full Version : Scouting report on Pacheco

Daver
07-29-2002, 03:55 PM
BA on Pacheco

Pacheco, 23, signed out of the Dominican Republic in 1997 and was converted from starting to relieving in 2001. This season, he has gone 2-2, 3.16 with six saves in 41 games for high Class A Salem. His secondary numbers are far from spectacular: 52 hits and 26 walks versus 31 strikeouts in 51 innings. He's got a live fastball and a hard slider, but Pacheco never has developed an offspeed pitch nor enjoyed consistent success. During the offseason, his birthdate was revealed to be seven months earlier than previously listed.

34 Inch Stick
07-29-2002, 04:56 PM
I have no problem with this trade. Anybody with potential was a good deal for the Sox. You would figure Durham would have warranted at least a low minor leaguer with ability. All told, I think we have received one strong major league possibility, 2 medium and one very poor.

Daver
07-29-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
All told, I think we have received one strong major league possibility, 2 medium and one very poor.

Very poor is an overstatement.

MarkEdward
07-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Has anyone figured out why the Rockies needed Alomar? They're not in a pennant race, and they have 3 other servicable catchers. Dan O'Dowd is not a good GM for the Rockies.

soxtalker
07-29-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Has anyone figured out why the Rockies needed Alomar? They're not in a pennant race, and they have 3 other servicable catchers. Dan O'Dowd is not a good GM for the Rockies.

See the BA evaluation.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/020729alomar.html