PDA

View Full Version : Dunn to Orioles?

JohnTucker0814
12-03-2012, 06:49 AM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/orioles-mulling-trade-for-power-bat-unlikely-to-sign-hamilton.html

Hopefully Hahn is on the phone with the Orioles, they need a power bat from the 1B/DH slot... we would match up perfectly there.

I'd be happy with any of those pitchers in return for Dunn.

DumpJerry
12-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Moved to What's The Score. It does not even mention Adam Dunn. This does not rise to the level of rumor, but more like "poster's wishes."

Golden Sox
12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
If the Orioles want Adam Dunn, they can have him. I would take almost anything for him. If the White Sox then used his money to sign someone like Josh Hamilton, it would definitely be an upgrade for this White Sox team.

Railsplitter
12-03-2012, 07:53 AM
If the Orioles want Adam Dunn, they can have him. I would take almost anything for him. If the White Sox then used his money to sign someone like Josh Hamilton, it would definitely be an upgrade for this White Sox team.
agreed 100%

spawn
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

spawn
12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Moved to What's The Score. It does not even mention Adam Dunn. This does not rise to the level of rumor, but more like "poster's wishes."

Pretty much. The poster can definitely make it happen...if he buys MLB the Show.

Thome25
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I'd pay for Dunn's plane ticket out of town.

Seriously though I'd rather see the Sox trade Dunn rather than Viciedo or Rios.

PaleHoser
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I'd trade Dunn in a heartbeat, but I can't see Baltimore dealing pitching. Carlos Pena can give you Dunn's numbers at half the price.

I don't want Hamilton, but moving Dunn would free money to bring back AJ and add another bat to replace Dunn. Pierzynski is going to be very expensive based on what Russell Martin and Mike Napoli have been given, and both Yankees and Rangers now need a catcher.

TomBradley72
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
If we can move Dunn for a bobblehead doll- I'd take the deal-

IspepAloc
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
If "ifs and buts" we're candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Well played, sir. Well played.

DSpivack
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I'd trade Dunn in a heartbeat, but I can't see Baltimore dealing pitching. Carlos Pena can give you Dunn's numbers at half the price.

I don't want Hamilton, but moving Dunn would free money to bring back AJ and add another bat to replace Dunn. Pierzynski is going to be very expensive based on what Russell Martin and Mike Napoli have been given, and both Yankees and Rangers now need a catcher.
Mark Reynolds can give the O's those numbers and has, though he is now a free agent.

Foulke You
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Orioles in hot pursuit of Adam LaRoche:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/orioles-in-strong-pursuit-of-adam-laroche.html

JohnTucker0814
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Pretty much. The poster can definitely make it happen...if he buys MLB the Show.

Sorry posted in the wrong forum... didn't do it intentionally

It was a post to start a discussion, I simply mentioned that the Orioles were looking for a power hitting 1B/DH and that Dunn fit that mold perfectly... no need to be a jerk about an innocent post. I get why not many people are posting on here except the regulars.

It's always nice to have every single post you ever make have comments like this from our more tenured members.

DSpivack
12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Sorry posted in the wrong forum... didn't do it intentionally

It was a post to start a discussion, I simply mentioned that the Orioles were looking for a power hitting 1B/DH and that Dunn fit that mold perfectly... no need to be a jerk about an innocent post. I get why not many people are posting on here except the regulars.

It's always nice to have every single post you ever make have comments like this from our more tenured members.

That's because the title of the thread says 'Dunn To Orioles?', when there is nothing linking him with Baltimore, besides that they're after a power hitter. It's a bit misleading.

palehozenychicty
12-03-2012, 07:43 PM

What bat is out there that would be better than Hamilton if you have the cash?
I'm just curious.

I love AJ as much as anyone, but he's not going to replicate those numbers in '13.

PaleHoser
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
What bat is out there that would be better than Hamilton if you have the cash?
I'm just curious.

I love AJ as much as anyone, but he's not going to replicate those numbers in '13.

I don't think AJ will replicate his numbers from last year either.

If Dunn were moved, $16M could pay for more than one piece even if it doesn't include AJ. AJ would look good in the lineup if Dunn were moved simply because the only returning LH bat would be De Aza.

spawn
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Really? So every single post you've ever made here has comments like these? You've got almost 3,500 posts. Being a little dramatic are we? As DSpivack said...you started a thread with a thread title that isn't even speculation at this point.

Bob Roarman
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
...Which was admittedly put in the wrong forum by mistake and apologized for....3 hours ago. Don't think it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind that contract being traded at all.

TheVulture
12-05-2012, 03:05 PM

I think it's entirely possible AJ replicates or comes close to those numbers personally. Seems to me like AJ changed his approach at the plate which led to him driving the ball more, and that had more to do with his increase in power more than just having a fluke season. AJ made his bread coming up with Minnesota basically just bouncing the ball around on the turf and never really adjusted until the last year or so. He always hit a few because he's always been strong, but he didn't adopt a homerun swing until recently. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I still have the feeling the Sox are going to re-sign him.

white sox bill
12-07-2012, 03:55 PM
To answer the threads title: Yes take him O's. I know he won a few games for us this yr but damn, everytime he came to bat it was like having commercial time.....I had time to go to the bathroom, get a bite to eat, maybe do whatever. My point is, he was almost a sure SO