PDA

View Full Version : Majewski...

voodoochile
08-08-2001, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I know it's a dirty word around here... What with that stunning 6.24 (or whatever it was) ERA in LA before they traded him back to us for JB.

I am guessing someone already noticed and posted that the other night in a start for WS, he went 8 innings and gave up 2 ER... 5 H and only a couple of walks (at least that is what I remember from the TV graphic last night). Maybe he was homesick...

Maybe we can trade him again for more talent... hehehe...

:)

FarWestChicago
08-08-2001, 08:41 PM
Maybe we can trade him again for more talent... hehehe...

Yeah, he can be our DT from now on. Our Designated Tradee.

doublem23
08-08-2001, 10:55 PM
:osuna
Maybe they can get someone of my caliber for him.

doublem23
08-08-2001, 10:55 PM
Wow. I did not realize Osuna was that butt-ugly.

Jerry_Manuel
08-08-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
:osuna
Maybe they can get someone of my caliber for him.

Osuna is a good pitcher folks, he was hurt when he got here. Which is why he sucked ass at the start of this year.

doublem23
08-08-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Osuna is a good pitcher folks, he was hurt when he got here. Which is why he sucked ass at the start of this year.

I know he is, JM. I'm poking more fun at KW for picking up a pitcher who was hurting in spring training.

Jerry_Manuel
08-08-2001, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I know he is, JM. I'm poking more fun at KW for picking up a pitcher who was hurting in spring training.

:KW
I don't think I am going to deal with LA anymore. First Osuna is hurt then the Barry or was it Berry situation.

longshot7
08-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Sorry Jerry, as a Dodger fan as well, I can tell you first-hand: Osuna sucks.

Bad trade.

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by longshot7

Bad trade.

:KW
Now why did you have to go and say that?

Bmr31
08-09-2001, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by longshot7

Bad trade.

Oh yeah? if he sucks so bad, why was he next in line to be your dodgers closer?? HE has a good arm...

longshot7
08-09-2001, 01:09 AM
Umm..he wasn't in line to be anybody's next Dodgers closer. At the beginning of the year, we had Terry Adams and Matt Herges in set-up roles.

Maybe he was next in line on your fantasy team. Believe me, when Davey Johnson brought him in, no matter how many runs we were up, we knew he would blow it, and he usually did. It just saddens me that we (the sox) didn't do our homework before making it. KW was trade-happy, trying to impress his sugardaddy, JR.

Bmr, like you told Kermit in an earlier post, numbers aren't everything, and with Osuna, they don't even scratch the surface.