PDA

View Full Version : Enemencio Pacheco...


Tragg
07-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Player we got from Rockies, per the Rockie Mountain News. Anyone know anything about him?

Cheryl
07-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Can anyone even pronounce that?

NUCatsFan
07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
From what I see, he's a 23 year old righty. Not sure, but rumors have that we're picking up most of Alomar's remaining salary. Not a surprise.

Tragg
07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Can anyone even pronounce that?

LOL

Apparently he's a mediocre AAA middle reliever, per the rockies board. They wanted a veteran catcher and think they can sign him. Sox pick up most of the salary and were anxious to move becuase of our "backlog" at catcher.

duke of dorwood
07-29-2002, 11:22 AM
:MJ :versatile


Backlog?

More like Constipation

HawkDJ
07-29-2002, 11:23 AM
Actually he is a single A righty reliever. His stats are:
2-2 3.16 ERA
26 walks and 31 strikeouts in 51.1 IP

duke of dorwood
07-29-2002, 11:23 AM
You sure we aren't getting Enrico Palozzo?

Paulwny
07-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

Sox pick up most of the salary and were anxious to move becuase of our "backlog" at catcher.

Mr Versatility will be back, this will be interesting.

wulfy
07-29-2002, 11:25 AM
Wasn't that the name of the national anthem singer from Naked Gun?

Tragg
07-29-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
You sure we aren't getting Enrico Palozzo?

LOL - that's who I thought of too. A cardinal player has a name just like that as well.

"And the bombs red glare"

Dadawg_77
07-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Actually he is a single A righty reliever. His stats are:
2-2 3.16 ERA
26 walks and 31 strikeouts in 51.1 IP

Not to great, but what can you get for Sandy.

Daver
07-29-2002, 12:29 PM
About Enemencio Pacheco
Enemencio was signed as a non-drafted free agent in January of 1997. Pacheco has split time as a starting pitcher and a reliever during his career with the Rockies. He went 8-10 with Asheville in 2000, starting 21 games. Pacheco went 4-2 with the Avalanche in 2001, before moving on to Asheville to finish the season as a starter.
Residence: Santo Domingo, DR
Last Year Team: Salem/Asheville

JoseCanseco6969
07-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:MJ :versatile


Backlog?

More like Constipation

you act like alomar was producing for us, we have no use for him and havent since he came to this team. I love this move because it seems we got a decent prospect in return instead of a adkins. I just dont understand how both alomar and lofton were able to get better players compared to the durham deal. We all know durham is much better than those two old bastards and they are all FA's next year, i just dont get it.

Daver
07-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969


you act like alomar was producing for us, we have no use for him and havent since he came to this team. I love this move because it seems we got a decent prospect in return instead of a adkins. I just dont understand how both alomar and lofton were able to get better players compared to the durham deal. We all know durham is much better than those two old bastards and they are all FA's next year, i just dont get it.

Ray is a FA at the end of the season also.

The biggest difference is that their was a market for Lofton and Alomar,but no takers for Ray,so you take what you can get.

rmusacch
07-29-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77


Not to great, but what can you get for Sandy.

True but why trade him if you also have to pay most of his salary.

WinningUgly!
07-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


True but why trade him if you also have to pay most of his salary.

Because at least this way you get something in return for him, not just paying his entire salary for the remainder of the season.

DrWatson27
07-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


True but why trade him if you also have to pay most of his salary.

This way we at least get something for him before he's gone at the end of the season.

Also keep in mind that "Lenny" Williams is pulling the trigger on these deals.

Dadawg_77
07-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


True but why trade him if you also have to pay most of his salary.

Give Paul and Johnson one final shot. Like the rest of Sandy salary, this season is a sunken cost, it really doesn't matter. If the Sox don't trade Sandy they are still paying his salary with out anything in return. With the trade the Sox can figure who to keep between Johnson and Paul, since I believe one of them will make next years team and get a player who might someday being in the majors. The season is over, so lets retool for 2003 for the remainder. Thats why I would put Rowland in CF, just to see if he can produce more with a steady stream of ABs. I don't think he is the savior, but he might be a good cheap player. Sit Royce, since he doesn't figure into next years plans, and his playing does nothing to help the 2003 Sox. Put either Jose or a guy ready in the minors at SS, and Crede at 3B.

34 Inch Stick
07-29-2002, 01:38 PM
I believe Enemencio's father is a famous proctologist in the Dominican.

Randar68
07-29-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Put either Jose or a guy ready in the minors at SS

there is nobody ready for SS in our system.

Dadawg_77
07-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I believe Enemencio's father is a famous proctologist in the Dominican.

Cool maybe he can help Kenny and Jerry get thier collective heads out of their asses.

Procol Harum
07-29-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I believe Enemencio's father is a famous proctologist in the Dominican.

Indeed, he is. But his surname is actually the hispanicized version of his Japanese ancestors' name--Pachinko--of the pinball/gaming dynasty.

LongDistanceFan
07-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77


Cool maybe he can help Kenny and Jerry get thier collective heads out of their asses.

that is funny