PDA

View Full Version : Royals Aquire Ervin Santana From Angels

samurai_sox
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121031&content_id=40135518&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb#disqus_thread

KC sends minor league LHP Brandon Sisk.

PaleHoser
10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Good deal for the Royals.

I know Santana has had issues winning on the road for the Angels but that's a big home park and he'll be pitching for his next contract.

Lip Man 1
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Santana and Volstad (sorry about the spelling) do not add up to "contending" in my book (unless of course the Royals play the Sox 80 times next year...:D:)

Lip

johnnyg83
10-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Volstad isn't anything but depth. I see Santana replacing Guthrie.

Their rotation in 2013:

Santana
Mendoza
Chen
Odorizzi
Duffy (coming back from Tommy John)
Paulino

They have two other heralded prospects in John Lamb and Mike Montgomery who haven't developed at the speed everyone thought. One from injury the other from control.

Better than last year. Hochevar is gone. Guthrie is gone (hooray for the sox). But they're claiming to be ready to pay for starting pitching. They could make a run at local guy Shawn Marcum or possibly Ryan Dempster as a veteran presence

Huisj
11-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Volstad isn't anything but depth. I see Santana replacing Guthrie.

Their rotation in 2013:

Santana
Mendoza
Chen
Odorizzi
Duffy (coming back from Tommy John)
Paulino

They have two other heralded prospects in John Lamb and Mike Montgomery who haven't developed at the speed everyone thought. One from injury the other from control.

Better than last year. Hochevar is gone. Guthrie is gone (hooray for the sox). But they're claiming to be ready to pay for starting pitching. They could make a run at local guy Shawn Marcum or possibly Ryan Dempster as a veteran presence

With Santana being the replacement for Guthrie, that doesn't make me too excited. It seems that even when Santana is going bad, he shuts down the Sox (like he did in late Septemeber).

thomas35forever
11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Can we PLEASE hit this guy next year?