PDA

View Full Version : Crede coming up?

MrX
07-29-2002, 12:38 AM
From Sullivan in the Trib

No call-up was announced, but sources said Charlotte third baseman Joe Crede is on his way up and will be in the starting lineup Tuesday night in Minnesota.

Soxheads
07-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by MrX
From Sullivan in the Trib

You are kidding me

BuehrleACE56
07-29-2002, 01:11 AM
it had better be crede up here. bench jose, plop joe at third and aaron becomes our full-time center fielder. i like this trade a lot. much better than the durham one.

Soxheads
07-29-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
it had better be crede up here. bench jose, plop joe at third and aaron becomes our full-time center fielder. i like this trade a lot. much better than the durham one.

I'd much rather plop Royce on the bench and let Jose play his natural position.

And I sure hope Rowand isn't our centerfielder for long.

BuehrleACE56
07-29-2002, 01:31 AM
rowand is awesome. i would much rather have choice at SS. he is hitting now and his defense is 10x better than manos. manos isn't hitting at all nowadays. bench his ass. he's better off the bench as a pinch hitter and can play multiple positions.

Mathew
07-29-2002, 01:51 AM
rowand is awesome. i would much rather have choice at SS. he is hitting now and his defense is 10x better than manos. manos isn't hitting at all nowadays. bench his ass. he's better off the bench as a pinch hitter and can play multiple positions.

Start Josh Paul tomorrow too! Rowand and Clayton woopie!

Soxheads
07-29-2002, 01:54 AM

Putt Jose in the 2 hole and let Maggs hit third and you'd have a different result.

I hope Rowand is just keeping centerfield warm for the time being.

JoseCanseco6969
07-29-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Mathew

Start Josh Paul tomorrow too! Rowand and Clayton woopie!

well mathew, you seem to have all the answers for our team because you bash everyone's suggestions. Who would you like to see in the lineup next season??

kermittheefrog
07-29-2002, 02:14 AM

Please do not make me sad anymore.

Mathew
07-29-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969

well mathew, you seem to have all the answers for our team because you bash everyone's suggestions. Who would you like to see in the lineup next season??

I don't bash everyone's suggestions, only those who are excited about bad players playing more often. These people have flooded this board lately on a crusade for Paul and Rowand. Paul based on his last 20 ab's and absolutely nothing else and Rowand's wall shots (and of course ignoring his 110 ab's and .221 on base %) I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's really putting me off this place to see this Flub attitude all the time!

pissonthecubs
07-29-2002, 03:29 AM
Bringing up the likes of Crede and Josh Paul is the best thing for this team at this time. When the roster expands to 40 spots, i don't see why Borchard and D'Angelo Jimenez shouldn't be up. Durham was a penis in the clubhouse, Lofton wasn't in our long term plans, and now Carlos Lee and Jose Valentin should be the next to go. At years end, lets trade,demote or just release Mark Johnson, Alomar, and Clayton. By the end of the year, our outfield should be Borchard, Rowand, and Mags; the infield- Crede, Jimenez, Harris, and Konerko, and Paul should be behind the dish. Also i have lost most of my liking for Jerry Manual too. he might have to go at years end.

baggio202
07-29-2002, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Putt Jose in the 2 hole and let Maggs hit third and you'd have a different result.

I hope Rowand is just keeping centerfield warm for the time being.

i agree on manos..another reason is manos is under contract for next year...he still could be here..we know for sure choice is gone...the only reason to play him would be so we could trade him before wed..after that he brings nothing to the team no matter what he hits

LongDistanceFan
07-29-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by pissonthecubs
Durham was a penis in the clubhouse, At years end, lets trade,demote or just release Clayton.

where did you heat that durham was a tool in the clubhouse?

i am all for releasing clayton.

delben91
07-29-2002, 07:53 AM
rowand is awesome.

Seems that mathew, and if I'm reading it right, kermit beat me to it, but all the same, I'll say it too. I too love the attitude rowand brings to the team. However, this great attitude can't hide the fact that he just doesn't seem to have the tools to be a starting outfielder on the major league level. He is however, perfectly suited for the role of a backup outfielder where his all out approach is actually rather beneficial (due to lack of consistent playing time). Since we're not looking towards the playoffs, he could finish out the season in CF, but he isn't a long term answer in my mind.

hold2dibber
07-29-2002, 09:20 AM
Bringing up the likes of Crede and Josh Paul is the best thing for this team at this time. When the roster expands to 40 spots, i don't see why Borchard and D'Angelo Jimenez shouldn't be up. Durham was a penis in the clubhouse, Lofton wasn't in our long term plans, and now Carlos Lee and Jose Valentin should be the next to go. At years end, lets trade,demote or just release Mark Johnson, Alomar, and Clayton. By the end of the year, our outfield should be Borchard, Rowand, and Mags; the infield- Crede, Jimenez, Harris, and Konerko, and Paul should be behind the dish. Also i have lost most of my liking for Jerry Manual too. he might have to go at years end.

Josh Paul can't hit AAA hitting and he's lousy defensively. He is not now, nor will he ever be, a starting major league catcher. From what I've heard, Jiminez is a hack with the glove and while he may have some potential as a hitter, he's not there yet (or even close). Our infield should be Crede, Valentin, Harris and Konerko. Valentin is much better than anyone else we have under contract for next year who can play SS. So he should be back at SS getting re-acclimated to the position so he's good to go next Spring. I don't think Borchard is ready either - I don't think they should rush him.

Dadawg_77
07-29-2002, 09:27 AM

First, you won't see Borchard until there is a CBA in place. The Sox don't want to give him time in the majors, since he would then become a member of the MLBPA and couldn't play in the minors if there was a strike / lockout.

Paul hasn't backup his promise the last couple of times he has been up on the club, but with the Sox out of contension, playing him wouldn't be to bad. But he isn't a savior by any means.

Jose Valentin isn't going any where, becuase of his contract. No one wants to take on money this years, esp. for an average SS. The only way the Sox move him is if they agree to cover a large portion of his remaining salary.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 09:55 AM
my hopeful lineup come tuesday:

2B Harris
SS Manos
LF Lee
RF Ordonez
1B Konerko
DH Thomas
3B Crede
CF Rowand
C Alomar

the thing about borchard that all of you have to realize... is that he's only hitting .265 with 100 k's in just over 300 ab's. on top of that, he's coming off a broken foot. let him just play AAA ball until spring training 2003, when sox management can decide if he's ready for the big show (and he most likely will be, unless something really weird happens).

Rowand is not the answer. Borchard/Harris is (depending on c.lee's future). really, I think the white sox should keep carlos. he's a sleeper, and he has only woken up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. come morning (hopefully 2003), I think he will show just what he is capable of. the guy just needs to get his head more into the game, and focus on the little things. I think that he could easily be a .300-.320, with 40-50 long ones, and 20 steals (not saying that day is near, but when he approaches the age of 30, I think he will blossom out).

just my opinion though.

soxrme
07-29-2002, 10:37 AM
I believe that Rowand is at best a 4th outfielder but, lets give him a chance. You have to like guys with his hustle. Borchard supposedly is not ready yet but is probably the center fielder of the future. I say probably because I am not sure on his fielding. I say bring up Crede and Paul now. Crede is obvious, we have had an iron glove at 3rd all year. Paul, I have always liked because he is from here and hustles when given a chance. Johnson is horrible offensively not that good defensively and I can see no reason for even keeping him. Where are our supposed scouts finding catching and infield prospects????

TheBigHurt
07-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
[B

the thing about borchard that all of you have to realize... is that he's only hitting .265 with 100 k's in just over 300 ab's.
[/B]

OHH THAT HURTS

HawkDJ
07-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Well its official that Rowand will start on Tuesday. I think that eliminates Jiminez. Crede sounds like a good pick.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Well its official that Rowand will start on Tuesday. I think that eliminates Jiminez. Crede sounds like a good pick.

where did you see this? (could u post a url)?

HawkDJ
07-29-2002, 10:58 AM
From the daily herald, quote by KW:

"Aaron Rowand deserves a shot to play regularly in the major leagues. Now, he's going to get it.''

I think you can interpret this as he is starting.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 11:05 AM
i just started a new thread... crede's gonna be in the starting lineup on tuesday night. just on am 1000

lineup is prolly gonna be the one i posted earlier, i think

it's possible that rowand will bat 2nd, with crede hitting 8th and valentin hitting 7th. also likely is crede hitting 2nd. we'll have to see what our tinkererdoes.