PDA

View Full Version : Rumors?

doctor30th
07-28-2002, 11:16 PM
As of now the Most believable one is Jose Valentin going to Seattle.

There is still one for Ritchie going to Boston. Boston is also going for Byrd and Suppan, but because the Royals will be looking for more in return then the sox, Ritchie might go.

There are also whispers about Thomas going to Boston with Ritchie, Casey Fossum and Trot Nixons names have been mentioned in this trades.

There are also some lingering rumors about sox getting Steve Parris or Sydney Ponson, but I don't see those as being likely.

I've also heard something About Sandy Alomar Jr. Possibly going to Oakland or to the Braves if Lopez doesn't improve.

doctor30th
07-28-2002, 11:20 PM
Ohh and don't be suprised if the Yankees get a player like Howry or Foulke.

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th

There is still one for Ritchie going to Boston. Boston is also going for Byrd and Suppan, but because the Royals will be looking for more in return then the sox, Ritchie might go.

There are also whispers about Thomas going to Boston with Ritchie, Casey Fossum and Trot Nixons names have been mentioned in this trades.

I've also heard something About Sandy Alomar Jr. Possibly going to Oakland or to the Braves if Lopez doesn't improve.

If Boston wants Ritchie they can have him. I wouldn't have a big problem if they dealt Jose. I think the Thomas talk is just that, he'll be here.

If Atlanta or the A's want to take him off our hands go ahead. Just don't send Josh Paul back up here.

Tragg
07-28-2002, 11:29 PM
Now Alomar, Valentin, even the red hot Clayton - those are players i wouldn't expect kenny to get anything for - and the salaries are signficant - and I can see a contender might wanting one of them on the expanded roster. Waiver situations perhaps?

Personally, I 'd just as soon not dump howry or lee for nothing in return, however. And lee is slowly turning his season around.

JoseCanseco6969
07-29-2002, 01:41 AM
Jerry Manuel, whats so horrible about Josh Paul???? You can't honestly tell me that hes as bad a the two bums we have in there now. Johnson cant hit, and sandy...well he cant do much of anything besides eat up salary. I know johnson is better with defense, but come on hes the worst hitter on our team and seems to get worse by the day. I say bring up paul and give him another shot because his play when sandy went down was quite impressive.

Soxheads
07-29-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969
Jerry Manuel, whats so horrible about Josh Paul???? You can't honestly tell me that hes as bad a the two bums we have in there now. Johnson cant hit, and sandy...well he cant do much of anything besides eat up salary. I know johnson is better with defense, but come on hes the worst hitter on our team and seems to get worse by the day. I say bring up paul and give him another shot because his play when sandy went down was quite impressive.

Well, for starters he sucks.

Catcher is a defensive position. That's not Mr. Paul.

Mathew
07-29-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Well, for starters he sucks.

Catcher is a defensive position. That's not Mr. Paul.

Amen! I wish the FOV, FOR people could explain why they are that way, something other than.... uhhh just give them a chance. The teams that need to give bad players a chance are called the Devil Rays, Royals, ect. I pray to good the White Sox never join the list.

Soxheads
07-29-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Mathew

Amen! I wish the FOV, FOR people could explain why they are that way, something other than.... uhhh just give them a chance. The teams that need to give bad players a chance are called the Devil Rays, Royals, ect. I pray to good the White Sox never join the list.

:hitless

"I beg to differ!"

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Catcher is a defensive position.Yes! Preach it, Soxheads!

Soxheads
07-29-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Yes! Preach it, Soxheads!

I guess I've been reading your posts a little too much. :D:

JoseCanseco6969
07-29-2002, 02:02 AM
yeah we are in the devil rays league because we're going nowhere just like they are. We basically have no chance at anything this season so why not give people a chance to be productive. You act like we're a winning team that is making a pennant run. I sorry to disappoint you but we suck with the guys we got, and that includes the two catchers we currently have. Bring up the young guys and see what they can do. And yes Mathew, we have joined that list if you have missed the past month or so.

Mathew
07-29-2002, 02:22 AM
No the teams I mentions will never go anywhere. We don't have the same excuses as they do and should not be excited about seeing AAAA players at best being the starters at any point.

JoseCanseco6969
07-29-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
No the teams I mentions will never go anywhere. We don't have the same excuses as they do and should not be excited about seeing AAAA players at best being the starters at any point.

yeah im not too excited about bringing up aaa players either, but its the only options we have left. The only hope for us is the young players to prove they are good and get this team back on a winning path in a few years. which sucks a lot but hopefully we can get lucky with some of them.

baggio202
07-29-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969

yeah im not too excited about bringing up aaa players either, but its the only options we have left. The only hope for us is the young players to prove they are good and get this team back on a winning path in a few years. which sucks a lot but hopefully we can get lucky with some of them.

gotta face facts...its year one of the umpteenth five year rebuilding plan since '17...

hold2dibber
07-29-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by doctor30th

There are also some lingering rumors about sox getting Steve Parris or Sydney Ponson, but I don't see those as being likely.

I, for one, do not want to see the Sox trade Valentin. The first reason is that if Jose is gone, who the hell is going to play SS next season? We know Clayton won't be back and I sure don't see anything in the stats or reports I've heard to make me think that Jiminez or Hummel is going to be even as good as Clayton. Furthermore, Jose does have some life in his bat, he is a great clutch hitter, and he plays hard and plays to win every day.

I also think dealing Foulke would be a huge mistake, unless you can get a legitimate starter (not a prospect) in return, which I think is highly unlikely at this time. Same goes for Ritchie - why trade when his value is as low as it is now? Maybe just to save salary, I guess, but the guy's career track record certainly proves that he can be an effective back of the rotation starter. So I wouldn't just discard him for nothing.

Trading Frank might be the best thing for the team, but I would be heart broken if they did it.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 10:50 AM
first off: i'm a lil uninformed about this. who is casey fossums?

and secondly, i'm really confused as to why so many people want to deal jose valentin. it's been said many times before on these message boards that he is the second most important guy in the clubhouse (second to pauly). really, he is a huge emotional spark for the team. i think that he's a keeper, and that he's a shortstop (we don't really have many options to replace him @ ss anyways).

wulfy
07-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Isn't Ritchie a free agent after this season? (I hope.)

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by wulfy
Isn't Ritchie a free agent after this season? (I hope.)

I think he has one more year left.

I used to have a link to players contract information but I deleted it. :(: