PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Hire John Farrell From Blue Jays

DSpivack
10-20-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/red-sox-hire-john-farrell.html

A. Cavatica
10-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't think there's one person outside the Boston front office that thinks Farrell is a difference-maker, although they may rebound anyway because of the subtraction of Valentine.

ChiSoxFann
10-21-2012, 08:39 PM
After the Valentine nonsense and alienating the clubhouse they probably wanted a guy who has experience with that team and market. I'm sure guys like Pedroia, Ortiz, Lester, etc. are happy to have a manager they know in charge.

Wedema
10-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Good move-- let your guy leave and get experience managing in the bigs for a couple of years and then trade a back up infielder to get him back.

SCCWS
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Good move-- let your guy leave and get experience managing in the bigs for a couple of years and then trade a back up infielder to get him back.

Actually he started 136 games for Boston most at SS w some DH. Toronto wants him as a secon baseman and Boston has a defensive whiz kid coming up at SS so he was expendable. I thought he would make a good back-up infielder for the White Sox but I guess that is out.

palehozenychicty
10-22-2012, 11:06 PM
It will at least now put the focus on the team and management. They will realize that isn't much of a great thing either.

There is still talent on the diamond, but I don't see a contender with that pitching staff.

If anything, the Birds could be FA players and get a starter or two to augment themselves.

#1swisher
10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Boston Red Sox
Red Sox name Torey Lovullo bench coach on club’s Major League coaching staff. Ben Cherington & John Farrell made announcement.