PDA

View Full Version : Bwaahahahaha! Cubs Lose!

cheeses_h_rice
07-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Leading 9-4 going into the bottom of the 9th, they proceed to give up 6 runs with the Cards making only one out.

Thank you, Antonio Alfonseca!!!

*****!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Leading 9-4 going into the bottom of the 9th, they proceed to give up 6 runs with the Cards making only one out.

*****!!!

LOL!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

LOL!!!!

HEY SUTCLIFFE! YOU STILL THINK THE FLUBBS SHOULD BE "BUYERS AND NOT SELLERS??!?!?!"

*****!!!!! That made my night!

:)

ISUSoxfan
07-29-2002, 12:12 AM
That was a great game. Whenever we start to get depressed about our season, all we have to do is turn a Cub game on. I'm glad Cub fans all around the country were able to see this one on ESPN.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

*****!!!

Most of the damage was off "The Best Closer In Baseball" Tom Gordon.

For those out of the loop on that, Tom has said many times that he is the best closer in baseball.

DVG
07-29-2002, 12:23 AM
:moron

Not delicious.

CuckTheFubs
07-29-2002, 12:24 AM
That Cubbie choke job was worthy of a national broadcast. A thing of beauty!

The Big Red Rickhead Sutcliffe's Cubbie boosterism only made the Cubbie loss that much sweeter.

:lynch&mcfail
"Ed, do you like gladiator movies?"

:santo
"I'm gonna beat that Alfonseca to death with my prostitute leg"

:thankgod

CLR01
07-29-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by CuckTheFubs

"I'm gonna beat that Alfonseca to death with my prostitute leg"

:thankgod

He has a prostitute leg??? Go Ron!!! Should have kept all of her.

Kilroy
07-29-2002, 12:42 AM
I had a hard day of traveling that included a 4.5 hour drive that's normally a 3 hour drive thanks to a wicked pile-up, a hectic dead run thru the airport with a 2-year old in my arms, a 2 hour flight w/ said 2-year old who had slept in the car for 3 of the 4.5 hour drive so she was nice and full of energy from her nap, and my psycotic wife who loses her damn mind as soon as the alarm goes off on a day we have to travel. She was my misery all day because we were not getting where we needed to be in the right time, and I thought I was gonna have to whack her to shut her up. Even after we made the damn flight, she was still pissy. Then her bag was the last damn one off the baggage rack, and to top it off, there was a mix-up with the car that was picking us up.

After all that, I get home, plop down in my chair with a frosty cold one, turn on ESPN and Edgar Renteria is just stepping in the box. What a great ****ing day!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I had a hard day of traveling that included a 4.5 hour drive that's normally a 3 hour drive thanks to a wicked pile-up, a hectic dead run thru the airport with a 2-year old in my arms, a 2 hour flight w/ said 2-year old who had slept in the car for 3 of the 4.5 hour drive so she was nice and full of energy from her nap, and my psycotic wife who loses her damn mind as soon as the alarm goes off on a day we have to travel. She was my misery all day because we were not getting where we needed to be in the right time, and I thought I was gonna have to whack her to shut her up. Even after we made the damn flight, she was still pissy. Then her bag was the last damn one off the baggage rack, and to top it off, there was a mix-up with the car that was picking us up.

After all that, I get home, plop down in my chair with a frosty cold one, turn on ESPN and Edgar Renteria is just stepping in the box. What a great ****ing day!

Sounds like you had a rough go today. Glad the Cards could cap things off the right way for ya.

WinningUgly!
07-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
and my psycotic wife who loses her damn mind as soon as the alarm goes off on a day we have to travel. She was my misery all day because we were not getting where we needed to be in the right time, and I thought I was gonna have to whack her to shut her up. Even after we made the damn flight, she was still pissy.

Sounds very familiar!:D: :gulp:

danman31
07-29-2002, 12:54 AM
That was hilarious, when I saw StL coming back I was happy. Even though I "knew" they wouldn't come back. Wow, how wrong I was. When Renteria hit that I wasn't paying much attention until my dad pointed at the tv and all I could do was laugh. :D:

CuckTheFubs
07-29-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
He has a prostitute leg??? Go Ron!!! Should have kept all of her.

"Patrick, did I say prostitute leg?"

:hughes
"Ronnie you know I hate to trot out my superior intellect on you, but yes Ronnie you did."

"Well Patrick, I think all the listeners know that I was referring to my pro....hum, ah....huh....ah....prothesis leg."

Kilroy
07-29-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Sounds like you had a rough go today. Glad the Cards could cap things off the right way for ya.

If everything would have been the same, except my wife would have taken it all in stride, it would have been no problem. But with her in the mix today, I really needed that capper!!

Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Sounds very familiar!:D: :gulp:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe we should start a support group or something.... :smile:

ISUSoxfan
07-29-2002, 03:52 AM
ESPN just started their replay of the game. If you are reading this before 6am, turn your TV on and start your day off right.