PDA

View Full Version : Jiminez is not ready

basilesox
07-28-2002, 11:43 PM
It doesn't really seem that this guy is ready for the majors yet. He used to be a highly touted Yankees prospect, but injuries have slowed him. I picked him up on my fantasy team earlier this year, but had to drop him as his average plummeted and his error total skyrocketed. I believe he is coming off an injury, so I believe bringing him up at this time would be a big mistake. It is pretty obvious that Crede is ready to play, just look at his numbers. I can't believe that with Crede's numbers he hasn't been up yet. This leads directly to the poor baseball IQ that sox management possesses. Just Imagine if the Cardinals would have left Albert Pujols in AAA all last year, because they didnt feel the need to replace Polanco or whoever the heck they had at Third before Pujols came up.

Daver
07-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by basilesox
It doesn't really seem that this guy is ready for the majors yet. He used to be a highly touted Yankees prospect, but injuries have slowed him. I picked him up on my fantasy team earlier this year, but had to drop him as his average plummeted and his error total skyrocketed. I believe he is coming off an injury, so I believe bringing him up at this time would be a big mistake. It is pretty obvious that Crede is ready to play, just look at his numbers. I can't believe that with Crede's numbers he hasn't been up yet. This leads directly to the poor baseball IQ that sox management possesses. Just Imagine if the Cardinals would have left Albert Pujols in AAA all last year, because they didnt feel the need to replace Polanco or whoever the heck they had at Third before Pujols came up.

Umm,the Sox traded an outfeilder,you don't replace him with a third baseman,or a SS for that matter.

basilesox
07-28-2002, 11:54 PM
I have been hearing that Jiminez is most likely to get the call up. My guess is that Rowand would become the CF with Harris being an emergency option for OF. I dont think that this is a good move, but nevertheless it might be made. I was just voicing my opinion that Jiminez is not ready, I would be glad to entertain the notion that somebody else might make the jump. I dont know that Borchard would be the guy (100K's) , because he needs more patience at the plate. You have to admit that it is kind of ridiculous that Crede (with his numbers) is not up yet.

Daver
07-28-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by basilesox
I have been hearing that Jiminez is most likely to get the call up. My guess is that Rowand would become the CF with Harris being an emergency option for OF. I dont think that this is a good move, but nevertheless it might be made. I was just voicing my opinion that Jiminez is not ready, I would be glad to entertain the notion that somebody else might make the jump. I dont know that Borchard would be the guy (100K's) , because he needs more patience at the plate. You have to admit that it is kind of ridiculous that Crede (with his numbers) is not up yet.

I would make the point that it is ridiculous that this team left ST with Royce on the roster and not Crede,but I am not a baseball expert,and I don't play one on TV.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by daver
I would make the point that it is ridiculous that this team left ST with Royce on the roster and not Crede,but I am not a baseball expert,and I don't play one on TV.

I know of a few guys who play one on tv.

:morgan
Did I ever tell you about the time I invented home run derby?

Iwritecode
07-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by daver Umm,the Sox traded an outfeilder,you don't replace him with a third baseman,or a SS for that matter.

At first I agreed with this statement, but when I sat and though about it, it pretty much makes sense for them to bring up Crede now. He's already on the 40-man roster so keeping him in AAA isn't doing anyone any good. Plus the fact that Harris can play center helps. Most of the time Rowand will probably start in center with Harris at second and Crede at third. Then, Harris can back up Rowand at center and Graffinino can back up at second. Jose can play third or ss with Clayton still staying at SS when needed. If Crede does come up you would have to assume that Clayton or Valentin's days are numbered though considering one of the two will have to be benched to get Crede playing time. Having said all that, this just means that Jerry "the tinkerer" Manuel has just been giving about 100 different new lineups to try out.

duke of dorwood
07-29-2002, 10:58 AM
Dont rule out more Valentin in center BS either.